Home
Madden 12 News Post

With the addition of Online Communities in Madden NFL 12, one of the perks is that certain logos are in the game that can be selected to personalize the community.

Well, EA actually got our Operation Sports logo into the game, so when Madden NFL 12 is released, we will be able to use it to identify our ragtag group of gamers. So anywhere between two and 2,000 of you OSers out there can play under the Operation Sports online community umbrella -- and everyone else will know who you represent.

The OS community will obviously be based around simulation-based good times, and this personalized addition is just the cherry on top.

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 N51_rob @ 07/25/11 11:17 AM
Only 2,000? There will br more people than that in the Madden Forum on release day.

Sent from RedskinNation.

# 2 RedZoneD25 @ 07/25/11 11:49 AM
I'm in. Excited to play some of you guys on 360.

# 3 will12203 @ 07/25/11 11:53 AM
I am excited to play you guys too and not the ones going for it on 4th and 17 in the first drive of the game!!!!!

# 4 BurghFan @ 07/25/11 12:39 PM
Wow, that's really cool. Wonder if adembroski (sp?) had something to do with that?

# 5 DirtyJerz32 @ 07/25/11 12:45 PM
Should be interesting. I guess we'll see how sim some of these guys claim to be. I think they missed a great chance to bring back "fair play rules" with the addition to these online communities.

# 6 jackrubay @ 07/25/11 12:47 PM
Just read everyone on pasta complain about the announcement. I think this is a good addition and look forward in being in a no cheesier OS community.

# 7 bukktown @ 07/25/11 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
Only 2,000? There will br more people than that in the Madden Forum on release day.

Sent from RedskinNation.
Yeah but its OS...Offline franchiSe

# 8 greenegt @ 07/25/11 01:17 PM
This is perfect. I am waiting for Madden 12 to finally renew my Xbox Live Gold subscription, after a year away from online gaming. Now, I can just hang out in the OS lobbies without having to worry about random idiots.

# 9 ubernoob @ 07/25/11 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenegt
This is perfect. I am waiting for Madden 12 to finally renew my Xbox Live Gold subscription, after a year away from online gaming. Now, I can just hang out in the OS lobbies without having to worry about random idiots.
Yes, stick to the idiots you know. We're much safer :P

# 10 Blitz1942 @ 07/25/11 02:37 PM
That's pretty sweet.

# 11 ajaxab @ 07/25/11 03:48 PM
I'm afraid to ask this question because I don't want to get banned, but how does this not move OS into a position of compromise with respect to reviews of EA's games? It would seem difficult to give a poor(er) score to a company's game when it has invited in a community of people from that review's site and given them a dedicated space to play one another.

# 12 radatdude2 @ 07/25/11 03:49 PM
nice to see OS getting some recognition, look forward to playing some of you guys on the 360 hopefully we will all fit.

# 13 ubernoob @ 07/25/11 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaxab
I'm afraid to ask this question because I don't want to get banned, but how does this not move OS into a position of compromise with respect to reviews of EA's games? It would seem difficult to give a poor(er) score to a company's game when it has invited in a community of people from that review's site and given them a dedicated space to play one another.
I don't think that it's putting them in that position at all, since communities aren't limited. Devs post here, and they know that OS will give unbiased reviews. It's not like EA says "Here OS, you are the only group getting a community."

I'd like to think that it is getting shown respect for the forum and where it's come from/the purpose it serves.

# 14 Molarmite @ 07/25/11 06:10 PM
Hopefully there can be more then one OS community as I'm sure some will want to play 15 minutes and others will want to play 7-8. That would be a good way to help the fact that there are more then 2000 that will want to join from here.

# 15 bears5122 @ 07/26/11 04:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaxab
I don't know why you would be afraid to ask. It's a fair question. Besides being a forum, OS is a news outlet for sports gaming and asking how this effects their impartiality in future articles regarding the game is appropriate. ESPN has had their Ombudsman tackle simliar issues as they sometimes fall into the same scenario.

# 16 labguy @ 07/26/11 12:32 PM
Wow I am SO excited. What a tough decision of which community to join. Should I rep OS, PastaPadre, or Southeast Madden Ballers of Columbus? I am SO glad EA used development time for the community feature. It truly is going to change how I play online forever!

# 17 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 07/26/11 12:34 PM
In case it wasn't already clear, I will definitely join one of the 15 minute quarter OS communities. Looking forward to playing with y'all.

# 18 LolitaTyroneJenkins @ 07/26/11 08:52 PM
so guess the game will be getting a good review

# 19 LionsFanNJ @ 07/26/11 08:56 PM
This MIGHT MIGHT get me to play a sports game online. We'll see though

sent from parts unknown

# 20 PantherBeast_OS @ 07/26/11 08:56 PM
Man sweet. Count me in.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.