Home
Madden 12 News Post

Jon Robinson of ESPN The Gamer takes us through the team overall ratings for the AFC South in Madden NFL 12.

Houston Texans: 80
This team might not be able to get over the hump in real life, but in "Madden 12," they're definitely one of the more dangerous offenses to deal with. Houston's Big Three: Matt Schaub (88 overall), Arian Foster (92 overall, 91 speed), and Andre Johnson (97 overall, 94 speed) should make them a popular team online this year.

Indianapolis Colts: 85
Peyton Manning drops to a 98 overall in "Madden 12," but the offense is still deadly thanks to weapons that include Dallas Clark (96 overall), Reggie Wayne (95 overall), and Pierre Garcon (95 speed).

Jacksonville Jaguars: 75
Maurice Jones-Drew leads the way with a 95 overall and 94 speed (not to mention, 89 trucking), but when your leading wide receiver is only an 80 overall, you might have some problems throwing for too many yards, even if with a stud tight end catching the ball over the middle.

Tennessee Titans: 73
People who play as the Titans typically do so for one reason: Chris Johnson. The back looks like a blur running down the field with 99 speed and 99 acceleration, and is pretty much impossible to stop in the open field.

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 angels eclipse7 @ 07/25/11 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by damien6663
still think it is ridiculous that peyton is a 98....

I am disapointed that they did away with the stretched ratings this year, first thing i will do is edit a ton of players.
They still have the stretched ratings.... they are just getting closer and closer to each other to satisfy every homer's needs. That is what always happens and it ends up with everybody rated the same and thus, playing like clones.

# 2 kingcrf @ 07/25/11 05:03 PM
how can you complain about peyton on an off year he still leads his team to playoffs has 33 tds and his 5th consecutive year with over 4000 yards what part of that doesnt sound elite to you also he stillthrew less ints than brees and had an injured neck btw im not a homer live in az just respecting one of the greatest number 2 in the top 100

# 3 CFTejada @ 07/25/11 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by damien6663
still think it is ridiculous that peyton is a 98....

I am disapointed that they did away with the stretched ratings this year, first thing i will do is edit a ton of players.
Does it really matter? He's still going to be great in the game..

I don't understand why people get worked up over ratings, it's just a number - who cares..

9/10 they play better then their rating anyway

# 4 jyoung @ 07/25/11 05:23 PM
Remember when the Titans were a Super Bowl-caliber team?

Man, seems like ages ago.

# 5 tebowfanai @ 07/25/11 05:47 PM
Peyton Manning's rating is fine, the Colts couldn't win five games without him.

# 6 infemous @ 07/25/11 10:40 PM
man I wish they could rate players properly. Why are overalls so inflated?

There should be one 99 ovr, maybe a few, but then there isn't a 98 only 95 tops, and ratings can be generally lower.

Things like tackle etc. are totally wrong most of the time SMH.

What needs to be done, is... Donny Moore needs to do his job properly.

Take inspiration from FIFA's rating system.

# 7 infemous @ 07/25/11 10:45 PM
PS. Arian Foster had a great season but he's not a 90+ player yet. That should be reserved for players who've produced at an elite level for at LEAST 2 years, probably should be 3.

# 8 TitanEagleMemDet @ 07/25/11 11:22 PM
I don't care Titans and Eagles are still my teams regardless of ratings. I'm going to be playing with both because I'm a fan of both.

# 9 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 07/25/11 11:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by infemous
PS. Arian Foster had a great season but he's not a 90+ player yet. That should be reserved for players who've produced at an elite level for at LEAST 2 years, probably should be 3.
That's what roster updates are for my friend.

# 10 sniperhare @ 07/26/11 09:01 AM
The Jaguars should add at least two maybe up to four starters on defense in FA. That should make a good improvement on their team rating.

I think Jason Hill might be their most improved player when the roster updates are finished at the end of the year. Who knows, they could sign Rice.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.