Home
Madden 12 News Post

We posted a lot of stories about Online Communities in Madden 12 yesterday, but I wanted to write one more feature about these Communities to better explain and detail a couple elements at work here. So hit the jump to read a bit more detailed look at what Online Communities is trying to accomplish in Madden 12 and beyond.

Read More - Madden 12 Online Communities and Beyond

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 RUFFNREADY @ 07/26/11 03:45 PM
Sounds like you all have given this OC thing a second glance or chance; and are encouraging us to try it out.
I hope this doesnt have anything to do with Operation Sports being billboarded within Madden12...? lol
cheers

# 2 vln13 @ 07/26/11 04:29 PM
Wait, there is an in game ticker? Are they just talking about the NFL.com ticker in the menu or have they added that to games? If so, another much needed element from NFL 2k5 haha.

# 3 labguy @ 07/26/11 05:02 PM
My question remains why add a new feature and neglect a current feature that is incomplete? Oh for the second straight year by the way.

I don't think the online community feature is the worst idea EA has ever had ( I reserve that for Madden IQ and pretty much everything else from '09). I just question why you would not push it to next year and finish online franchises that they boasted about for '10 and have abandoned. I'm sorry but I do not see this feature taking off like the NHL one.

I certainly don't think it is a good business practice to put in a feature that is incomplete. Admit it is incomplete. Talk about how you are excited to finish it (server side) and then ignore it for TWO years. For that they have lost my respect FOREVER. Fortunately for them they will not lose my business because I love football gaming too much and there is no other game in town.

# 4 DaSmerg @ 07/26/11 05:18 PM
For this long, long time customer of the Madden series, it's really a trust issue now. Do I trust that this will be a fully functioning feature addition to Madden or will this be another half done feature thrown into the game that's just going to disappear in 2 years? Do you?

Is this "Community" feature really going to be that much of a revelation in online Madden gaming or is it something else that we'll just have to skip through to get to the good old lobbies?

Put another way, I know with a fairly high level of certainty that there would be keen interest and vibrant discussion just here @ OS about a robust Online Franchise system, at the very least equal to it's sister game in NCAA.

Anyways, congrats to OS on being in Madden at release.

# 5 Danimal @ 07/26/11 05:35 PM
Why do I feel everywhere I turn I'm getting the hard sell on how wonderful this feature is?

Perhaps there is already concern thanks to the lukewarm reception. I think it is telling this huge announcement garnered only a small thread of discussion and most of it wasn't positive.

I see the point of the feature and what they are trying to accomplish but it's really not an excitement worthy announcement IMO.

# 6 at23steelers @ 07/26/11 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal
Why do I feel everywhere I turn I'm getting the hard sell on how wonderful this feature is?

Perhaps there is already concern thanks to the lukewarm reception. I think it is telling this huge announcement garnered only a small thread of discussion and most of it wasn't positive.

I see the point of the feature and what they are trying to accomplish but it's really not an excitement worthy announcement IMO.
You're 100% right. This feature was really hyped up at E3, saying this feature will change online gaming forever. Just like a lot of their features, it doesn't reach all the hype given to it. Still seems like a decent feature though.

# 7 ChaseB @ 07/26/11 06:49 PM
Again, not trying to sell anyone on the idea, simply was trying to point out some of the options and things it allows -- and what in general has been added to Madden's online area this year.

More or less, much like with everything else in the gaming world, I just want it to get a fair shake.

# 8 Danimal @ 07/26/11 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
Again, not trying to sell anyone on the idea, simply was trying to point out some of the options and things it allows -- and what in general has been added to Madden's online area this year.

More or less, much like with everything else in the gaming world, I just want it to get a fair shake.
I wasn't trying to imply that you were selling me on it. Just in general everything I have seen posted everywhere is like one big regurgitation of a press release. Part of the reason for that feeling is I doubt anyone has seen this feature in action.

# 9 ODogg @ 07/26/11 10:22 PM
This sounds like a really great feature and by far is the one thing I'm really most excited about since I am a big online guy but have a hard time finding noncheesers (since most of my friends are NCAA football gamers and not Madden gamers). I really do agree with EA here that this could be a huge feature that will change online and probably get much more people into online gaming.

I have been saying for years I wanted a way to play against friends and have a record from doing so that is separate from when I play random games. Whenever I play my friends we'd always want to play 7 minute games so we'd have to do unranked. Having a record now versus my friends and being able to customize sliders, minutes, etc is HUGE in my book..

# 10 RogueHominid @ 07/26/11 11:18 PM
"Anything you can do offline in terms of customization you should be able to do for head-to-head games in an Online Community."

"Should" is not a confidence-inspiring word in this context, given that the whole point of the feature is an unprecedented ability to customize the online experience. Was that a typo for "will," or has EA not been clear on exactly what you can customize when you set up your Community?

# 11 ebugaloo @ 07/26/11 11:21 PM
Checking....checking...nope, still bitter about the Online Franchise. And even more insulted by this OC crap that was probably cobbled together in an afternoon. Congrats on Operation Sports being in the game, though.

# 12 thbends @ 07/27/11 04:32 PM
Can you add your own personalize community logo?

# 13 GGEden @ 07/28/11 12:52 AM
Imo, OC is a great feature, but the whole franchise idea is a letdown....they should've/should do it like Taz always mentions --- just one Franchise mode, where people can fill it up with CPU or humans (hence, making it an online franchise by proxy), with all the cool additions EA did for M12 offline franchise.

Great addition by EA, but they didn't go the whole hog implementing the franchise mode better.

# 14 JimmyT85 @ 07/28/11 06:37 AM
I think the OC sounds like a really, really good idea.

I'm looking forward to playing fun games with people who won't cheese, quit, or glitch their way through a game.

# 15 falconfansince81 @ 07/28/11 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyT85
I think the OC sounds like a really, really good idea.

I'm looking forward to playing fun games with people who won't cheese, quit, or glitch their way through a game.
you really thing OC is going to eliminate that?? LOL

im just hoping we can at least carry slider settings over to online franchise...most people interested in ranks and boosting don't really dedicate themselves to a good OF so i'm hoping for the best in getting at least something out of OC.

# 16 brza37 @ 07/28/11 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by falconfansince81
you really thing OC is going to eliminate that?? LOL

im just hoping we can at least carry slider settings over to online franchise...most people interested in ranks and boosting don't really dedicate themselves to a good OF so i'm hoping for the best in getting at least something out of OC.
This! Chase any chance you can get some confirmation on whether slider settings for Communities will carry over to OF this year?

# 17 ajs41072 @ 07/31/11 02:36 PM
you get kicked out automatically after 5 encroachment penalties? hopefully people won't fake snap all the time to get a CPU player to jump 5 times in a game.

# 18 ThaShark28_316 @ 08/01/11 10:32 AM
Hopefully all the OS communities are available to get in...

# 19 druez @ 08/01/11 04:32 PM
Weak post overall. It really seems like you are a PR arm of EA with this post.

Booo

# 20 Smoke6 @ 08/01/11 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fantuzflick
I BET THIS new future wont be that bad at all i mean,, i rather hang out in those communties, intsead of hanging out in ranked online lobbys.. its like a lobby but a with stat tracking all oppoents standings and stats so ill kinda be hype

-- now wut would make these online pregame communties lobbys 100 times better if there was instant open lobby mic chat .example all chat in these lobbys for players with mics with options to mute any player
these commtunies should also have the option to make ((communties lobbys FRANCIzeE) or just str8 ranked communties lobby .....
THEY NEED TO SCRAP OLD FRANCISE FILE AN USE THE SOFTWARE for communties an incorperate that and oblivosly build the team sch ...and draft that whatever comes with A francize INTO IT
I fully agree bro, just hanging out in the NCAA lobbies trying to find a game against everyone who thinks they are just that good is very frustrating. it would be nice to see a room full of peeps accepting any and all challengers all day long with no BS!

Sounds blissful for now!

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.