Home
Madden 12 News Post

Jon Robinson of ESPN The Gamer takes us through the team overall ratings for the NFC East in Madden NFL 12.

Dallas Cowboys: 82
Year after year, the Cowboys are a beast in the "Madden" community. This year, look for more of the same as not only do they feature three running backs with 90+ speed (Felix Jones: 96, DeMarco Murray: 93, Lonyae Miller: 90), but three wide receivers with 90+ speed (Miles Austin: 94, Dez Bryant: 94, Roy Williams: 90). Throw in two huge tight ends who seem to catch everything in the game, and you can see why the team is made for "Madden."

Philadelphia Eagles: 86
EA's love affair with the virtual Michael Vick continues as the quarterback looks to reclaim his spot on top of most dominant virtual athletes in history thanks to his "Madden 12" ratings. 91 speed from the quarterback position is just sick, and when you factor in his scrambles could turn into long bombs to DeSean Jackson (99 speed) or Jeremy Maclin (95 speed), I wouldn't be surprised if the Eagles are the most played team in the game.

New York Giants: 83
Justin Tuck is a "Madden" sack master, and the ratings across the defensive line should make things tough for opposing offenses. Look for gamers using the G-Men to hand the ball to Da'Rel Scott as the halfback's 96 speed, 94 acceleration will make him a "Madden" star no matter what the seventh round pick does in the real NFL.

Washington Redskins: 74
Expect custom playbooks to come into play big time with the Redskins as the team features six wide receivers and two running backs with 90+ speed. I'm intrigued to play with this roster myself just to see what I can come up with to utilize all of these weapons.

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 ANDROMADA 1 @ 07/26/11 04:28 PM
They really should hold off on all these team ratings. Roy Williams is already gone and every team will have new roster.

Custom playbooks sounds like it will be fun. I hope they added more plays to the default books

# 2 Mike Smoove @ 07/26/11 04:32 PM
Eagles will without a doubt be the top offensive team by far in the game.

# 3 Uncle Way @ 07/26/11 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Smoove
Eagles will without a doubt be the top offensive team by far in the game.

Definitely!! That Vick/DeSean combo is just too much fun and too dangerous to play with..

As far as the ratings go, I think NY and DAL are both overrated... Not that it matters though, all these ratings will be drastically different come Week1

# 4 Roncatto @ 07/26/11 04:47 PM
It does negg me out slightly when all i see is, speed, speed, speed, speed.

But hey thats madden and thats why we love it

# 5 Checmate101 @ 07/26/11 05:33 PM
I want to know which 2 RB's on the redskins rosters has 90 speed...is it the 2 rookies in Helu and Royster, because Torain is not fast nor is Williams

# 6 AC IS ART @ 07/26/11 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checmate101
I want to know which 2 RB's on the redskins rosters has 90 speed...is it the 2 rookies in Helu and Royster, because Torain is not fast nor is Williams
More than likely its James Davis and Roy Helu.

# 7 Meast21Forever @ 07/26/11 06:35 PM
Yeah, the rosters are going to be drastically different come release. Why come out with these ratings now?

# 8 Harrison_UNC_Barnes* @ 07/26/11 06:46 PM
speed kills...

# 9 Checmate101 @ 07/26/11 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC IS ART
More than likely its James Davis and Roy Helu.

I don't even think James Davis is still on the roster..Shanny said he avoid contact to much

# 10 N51_rob @ 07/26/11 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checmate101
I don't even think James Davis is still on the roster..Shanny said he avoid contact to much
He is still there.

http://www.redskins.com/team/roster.html

# 11 N51_rob @ 07/26/11 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish_NFL_Fan
Washington Redskins: 74
Expect custom playbooks to come into play big time with the Redskins as the team features six wide receivers and two running backs with 90+ speed. I'm intrigued to play with this roster myself just to see what I can come up with to utilize all of these weapons.
I though it would be worse. I notice that they don't mention the defense or potential starting QB issues. It will be fun to use the skins this year. I'm looking forward to it.

# 12 Checmate101 @ 07/26/11 07:26 PM
oh, he'll be gone by Friday

# 13 jyoung @ 07/26/11 07:32 PM
Bye bye, Roy Williams.

# 14 zdmetal @ 07/26/11 08:21 PM
Man I'd hate to work at Tiburon right now having to deal with all of the upcoming roster moves.

# 15 TitanEagleMemDet @ 07/27/11 12:16 AM
Yea it kind of sucks everyone will be using the Eagles, Thats one of my 2 favorite teams in real life [Titans as the other] and in madden. I been using them in madden since Mcnabb was throwing to the likes of Todd Pinkston, Freddie Mitchell, James Thrash. Its sucks all these bandwagon players are going to use them and give the real fans and players a bad rep just for picking them smh oh well I still can play with the Titans.

# 16 PH1LLYSFINEST13 @ 07/27/11 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanEagleMemDet
Yea it kind of sucks everyone will be using the Eagles, Thats one of my 2 favorite teams in real life [Titans as the other] and in madden. I been using them in madden since Mcnabb was throwing to the likes of Todd Pinkston, Freddie Mitchell, James Thrash. Its sucks all these bandwagon players are going to use them and give the real fans and players a bad rep just for picking them smh oh well I still can play with the Titans.
I hear u man. I live in the city and been following this team since I was like 5 ( actually old enough to know what is going on hahah) I remember Ty Detmer , the boos mcnabb got when being drafted...Fred-EX! Alligator arms todd pinkston...Now we are good and all I can do is laugh when people call me a bandwagon fan. Jus roll with the punches cause if you beat them at the end of the day , all they do is talk. For me I use either Philly or Tampa Bay...now theyre starting to get good too. Cant wait for Madden this year though.

# 17 jamesfansince03 @ 07/27/11 03:29 PM
why are the eagles ranked higher then my cowboys ? smh

# 18 jamesfansince03 @ 07/27/11 03:38 PM
how are they better ? We have a better qb donovan mcnabb will be in a viking uniform very soon and we have better WR

# 19 ANDROMADA 1 @ 07/27/11 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
I hate the Eagles just as much as I hate the Cowboys, but come on man, it's not even close. The Eagles are MUCH better (as much as it pains me to say that).
Better at what? Having zero super bowl wins.....mwhahaha

Seriously though its going to be a tight race. Except the skins. They still need a qb. Mc Rib is a Viking now

# 20 BigD @ 07/27/11 03:56 PM
Taz, Romo has won a playoff game.

Anyway, what I find funny is the Redskin's rating which is a 74 and I'm sure that rating includes McChunk on the roster. Will their rating be in the high 60's now that he's gone? One of the worst team ratings in Madden? lol

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.