Home
Madden 12 News Post

Jon Robinson of ESPN The Gamer takes us through the team overall ratings for the NFC East in Madden NFL 12.

Dallas Cowboys: 82
Year after year, the Cowboys are a beast in the "Madden" community. This year, look for more of the same as not only do they feature three running backs with 90+ speed (Felix Jones: 96, DeMarco Murray: 93, Lonyae Miller: 90), but three wide receivers with 90+ speed (Miles Austin: 94, Dez Bryant: 94, Roy Williams: 90). Throw in two huge tight ends who seem to catch everything in the game, and you can see why the team is made for "Madden."

Philadelphia Eagles: 86
EA's love affair with the virtual Michael Vick continues as the quarterback looks to reclaim his spot on top of most dominant virtual athletes in history thanks to his "Madden 12" ratings. 91 speed from the quarterback position is just sick, and when you factor in his scrambles could turn into long bombs to DeSean Jackson (99 speed) or Jeremy Maclin (95 speed), I wouldn't be surprised if the Eagles are the most played team in the game.

New York Giants: 83
Justin Tuck is a "Madden" sack master, and the ratings across the defensive line should make things tough for opposing offenses. Look for gamers using the G-Men to hand the ball to Da'Rel Scott as the halfback's 96 speed, 94 acceleration will make him a "Madden" star no matter what the seventh round pick does in the real NFL.

Washington Redskins: 74
Expect custom playbooks to come into play big time with the Redskins as the team features six wide receivers and two running backs with 90+ speed. I'm intrigued to play with this roster myself just to see what I can come up with to utilize all of these weapons.

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 ANDROMADA 1 @ 07/27/11 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
What does McNabb have to do with anything? Vick played better than any QB in the NFC last year as much as I hate to admit it. The speed the Eagles have at their skill positions is unmatched. They also have an improved O Line and more speed on defense. The Eagles are loaded with talent. The Cowboys have a troubled Dez Bryant and Miles Austin who had a case of the drops last season at times. Romo is coming off an injury and still can't win a playoff game. The O Line will be inexperienced and the secondary is absolutely atrocious.
Dez is fine. Miles Is fine plus he dated a Kardashian Romo is fine and they resigned their main offensive lineman in Free. Wade is gone so lets not completely discount the secondary, oh and they are much better than the G-men

# 22 brettmickey @ 07/27/11 04:02 PM
Quote:
What does McNabb have to do with anything? Vick played better than any QB in the NFC last year as much as I hate to admit it. The speed the Eagles have at their skill positions is unmatched. They also have an improved O Line and more speed on defense. The Eagles are loaded with talent. The Cowboys have a troubled Dez Bryant and Miles Austin who had a case of the drops last season at times. Romo is coming off an injury and still can't win a playoff game. The O Line will be inexperienced and the secondary is absolutely atrocious.
Yeah as an unbiased outsider looking in the Eagles have to be the team to beat right now.

# 23 blklightning @ 07/27/11 04:24 PM
the eagles are going to be ridiculous with vick's updated ratings thanks to last year's performance. i just hope ncaa's cheating defense doesn't spoil all the potential fun. tough, realistic defense i am for. so don't think i'm all about score fests. only when i play people i know am i in favor of that. lol.

# 24 ConnSKINS26 @ 07/27/11 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesfansince03
how are they better ? We have a better qb donovan mcnabb will be in a viking uniform very soon and we have better WR
Spoken like a true bandwagon Cowboy's fan. (no offense meant to the REAL Boys fans, of course, even if I hate your team ). Micheal Vick is the Eagles starting QB, not McNabb. McNabb is being traded from the Skins to the Vikings.

Its so embarrassing when a fan that knows nothing about his team, his division, or the NFL uses "we" in reference to "his team".

# 25 jamesfansince03 @ 07/27/11 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnSKINS26
Spoken like a true bandwagon Cowboy's fan. (no offense meant to the REAL Boys fans, of course, even if I hate your team ). Micheal Vick is the Eagles starting QB, not McNabb. McNabb is being traded from the Skins to the Vikings.

Its so embarrassing when a fan that knows nothing about his team, his division, or the NFL uses "we" in reference to "his team".

I am not a bang wagon fan I have rooted for the cowboys since I was born in 94. Do dead skins fans have anything else to do then harass cowboys fans online get a life yes I made a typo move on.

# 26 FlyEagles @ 07/28/11 11:52 AM
The eagles are going to be the most used team in the game. That kinda bums me out because I've always used the eagles in every madden game and now since Vick has surprised us all, everyone is going to use them. Get ready for some cheesy eagles users online. I actually know how to use the eagles and how to run their west coast offense efficiently. I probably will only scramble maybe 3-5 times a game?

# 27 Meast21Forever @ 07/28/11 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesfansince03
I am not a bang wagon fan I have rooted for the cowboys since I was born in 94. Do dead skins fans have anything else to do then harass cowboys fans online get a life yes I made a typo move on.
haha a typo? you misspelled Vick really poorly. McNabb doesn't have one letter the same

Also - you said bang wagon. HAHAHAHA!

The Cowboys aren't even close to the talent that Philly has. Good defense going to be updated with DRC, offense is already insane. And Dallas has... Demarcus Ware. Good luck.

# 28 Eagles931 @ 07/28/11 03:58 PM
Well just got DCR and Babin to help us out a little more. I like the moves the eagles are making in defense. Babin actually played for us in '09 and he had 12.5 sacks last year with the titans. Then DCR cam start along with Sameul for a deadly CB tandem. Oh and we got a nice second round pick for next years draft.

# 29 SuperNoVa27 @ 07/28/11 04:19 PM
I am an Eagles fan and I don't think Samuel and DRC would be a deadly CB tandem, Asante Samuel just is not physical at all, they should probably just draft a corner next year because honestly it is still one of their weakest positions

# 30 Eagles931 @ 07/28/11 04:45 PM
Hey may not be physical but we all know that he's a ballhawk, I think we need to draft a LB or a Safety. Well idk about LB, that depends on how bradley plays this year

# 31 crob8822 @ 07/28/11 08:51 PM
It's easy too debate over the rosters because the teams just went to training camp. Last years my Cowboys were the talk and everyone had them in the superbowl then reality set in and we know the history. The thing we like is the uncertainy, the Eagles had a good season and in madden they should be ranked pretty high my biggest question is what defense to call, Zone where everything is in front of me, man to man with a spy? decisions, decisions well we will see the final product ships 8/30/2011. PS the rosters are being taken care of enjoy the rest of your summer.

# 32 Tyrant8RDFL @ 07/28/11 10:46 PM
Quote:
I hate the Eagles just as much as I hate the Cowboys, but come on man, it's not even close. The Eagles are MUCH better (as much as it pains me to say that).
They are better , but not much better. Cowboys have weapons. I'm a Giants fan obviously, but I have to say Romo is a good qb, regardless of what has happened in the playoffs.

Lets be honest Crayton holds on to that slant pass in the playoffs, and the Giants lose.

Cowboys have Romo at QB , Felix Jones and Choice at RB , Miles and Bryant at wr, and Witten at TE. That is a sold offense. I can't honestly say the Eagles are so much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDROMADA 1
Dez is fine. Miles Is fine plus he dated a Kardashian Romo is fine and they resigned their main offensive lineman in Free. Wade is gone so lets not completely discount the secondary, oh and they are much better than the G-men
Really better than the G-Men hmmmm. Lets brake this down.

Giants Offense right now has Manning at QB, Bradshaw and Jacobs at RB, Nicks, and Manningham at WR, and Boss at TE.

I'll give the cowboys a slight edge right now, but this can change with FA. I can't say the cowboys are so much better. Its actually pretty close.

# 33 LHSLax_D24 @ 07/28/11 11:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDROMADA 1
Better at what? Having zero super bowl wins.....mwhahaha

Seriously though its going to be a tight race. Except the skins. They still need a qb. Mc Rib is a Viking now
I think John Beck will be a pleasant surprise to the rest of the league.

# 34 brettmickey @ 07/29/11 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LHSLax_D24
I think John Beck will be a pleasant surprise to the rest of the league.
haha that's a pretty far-fetched statement. What has he done that would lead you to believe he could surprise the league? He hasn't even played since 2007 when he had a QB rating of 62. Sounds like blind faith to me

# 35 mojo6911 @ 07/29/11 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnSKINS26

+1. I am a Cowboys fan and the Eagles deserve to be rated well ahead of the Cowboys.

# 36 phillysouljah @ 07/29/11 05:27 PM
So since Vince Young is going to be an Eagle to back up Vick, does that mean everyone's going to be playing with the Eagles online now with their choice of their favorite mobile QB? lol

# 37 stopper654 @ 07/29/11 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillysouljah
So since Vince Young is going to be an Eagle to back up Vick, does that mean everyone's going to be playing with the Eagles online now with their choice of their favorite mobile QB? lol
gonna be hard to use eagles when anyone will be using them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 38 stykes10 @ 07/30/11 01:15 PM
LOL - after last night, is the Cowboys/Eagles thing even a debate anymore. Nnamdi!!!!

# 39 Tyrant8RDFL @ 07/30/11 01:30 PM
Eagles are jacked now, and will be very difficult to defeat.

DeSean is holding out right now. I'm hoping he holds out all year

Wishful thinking.

# 40 RM938 @ 07/30/11 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
Eagles are jacked now, and will be very difficult to defeat.

DeSean is holding out right now. I'm hoping he holds out all year

Wishful thinking.
Yea haha, Desean is also losing a lot of money by holding out, he has lost 16% of his base salary just for holding out for 3 days. Just lost 30K in one day. Taking a big hit, but us Eagles fans know if there is anyone on the team that deserves the money it's him, Kevin Kolb know makes more then him and hasn't proven himself one bit.

But yea playing madden online is going to suck now with everyone playing with your team.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.