Home
Madden 12 News Post

The Madden NFL 12 demo will feature the Green Bay Packers at Chicago Bears. Other details below.
  • 5 minute quarters
  • Adjustable skill level
  • No commentary
  • Available on 360 and PS3 on August 9th

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 DickDalewood @ 07/26/11 10:51 PM
Hell yah at my Bears being in! I'm sad no commentary though

Can't wait!

# 42 aceoye @ 07/26/11 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupes07
No commentary hopefully means they're still working on it, which is a good thing. I'm not looking for a perfect game, just a good deal of effort shown in its production.
I dont get how people say stuff like this every year around this time..the game has been fully done for awhile now.. probably will be shipping to stores in like 2 weeks or so, they cant work on commentary anymore not even in a patch.

# 43 blackngoldfan @ 07/27/11 03:46 AM
I know the game is between the NFC Championship contenders, but really I hope the demo isn't a winter snow game. I wanna compare the grass to NCAA 12's.

# 44 Senator Palmer @ 07/27/11 03:48 AM
^
From the demo they were showing on the web cast, it was perfect weather.

# 45 bonannogiovanni @ 07/27/11 03:59 AM
Did they say if Broadcast Cam is an option in the demo?

# 46 ODogg @ 07/27/11 05:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neetocheeto
-No commentary
a. either to save space
b. it's horrible
hopefully A

Packers <--- I get

Bears <--- don't get

Both N.C. USA?
Uhh...maybe because it's the NFL's oldest rivalry???

# 47 MrSkagTrendy @ 07/27/11 07:30 AM
hahahahah AS IF people are really saying the demo sucks because of the teams that are in it. GET A GRIP!

# 48 JMD @ 07/27/11 07:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neetocheeto
-No commentary
a. either to save space
b. it's horrible
hopefully A

Packers <--- I get

Bears <--- don't get

Both N.C. USA?
They are still using Gus Johnson so my guess is it's b. I'll be turning the commentary off again this year. I don't understand how people can think Johnson is good. He did a lot of Chiefs games last season and he is one of the worst in the business, and in the game he's even worse because he over exaggerates everything. Uggg , makes my brain hurt. Looking forward to the game though.

# 49 RumbleStud @ 07/27/11 09:11 AM
I'm skeptical but I gotta say I'm really excited for this demo! Don't care about commentary or team intros, gonna skip past that $het anyway and from what I've seen about the suction blocks and tackles I'm happy with, I just wanna know how it's gonna feel running with the ball. Period. Is there so much skating it kills the gameplay? or is it passable enough to deal with. This alone means a purchase or not.

# 50 DickDalewood @ 07/27/11 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
Can you use Jay Cutler in the Demo, or will he just sit out most of the game?
Perhaps he'll get multiple opportunities to establish himself as a starter and continually blow it ala Alex Smith?

As far as commentary... considering it's five min quarters, I'd assume that's why we're not getting commentary; to cut down on the file size. 2K typically does this with their demos as well.

# 51 HEATBLUES357 @ 07/27/11 09:22 AM
Needs to be Chiefs vs Pats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

# 52 NaturalSelected @ 07/27/11 10:05 AM
Looking forward to seeing how the game feels before I decide on picking this up.

# 53 happymadison @ 07/27/11 10:20 AM
personally i'm not a big packer or bear's fan but i can hardly wait to play it regardless of who's in the demo...aug 9th can't get here soon enough.

# 54 ybtherockstar @ 07/27/11 10:26 AM
So glad my packers are in the demo as I though they would be. Also glad I can beat our rivals.

# 55 LambertandHam @ 07/27/11 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick589
and yelled at by gus
"HE'S ALL ALONE, NANANANANANA"

less than a minute later, in a voice which sounds like he is reading a lunch menu...

"and the field goal is good"

I still love ya Gus.

# 56 drae2 @ 07/28/11 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Uhh...maybe because it's the NFL's oldest rivalry???
And they played for the NFC Championship.

# 57 SuperNoVa27 @ 07/28/11 04:10 PM
Why not Packers vs Eagles

It was a much better game and was a score away from going the other way.

I'd say it was a much better matchup

# 58 drae2 @ 07/29/11 10:25 AM
It was a much better game? The Bears played the Packers better than everyone except the Steelers.

# 59 iamgramps @ 07/30/11 12:43 PM
If the gameplay is on par with NCAA, I'll be a happy camper.

# 60 Wildcats302 @ 07/30/11 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drae2
It was a much better game? The Bears played the Packers better than everyone except the Steelers.
That's pretty much false. There was never a doubt on who was winning the Packers/Bears game in the NFC championship. I think most neutral fans would agree. The Packers/Eagles game? Not so much, plenty of doubt...I thought the Packers were toast honestly but Vick messed up and they capitalized on his mistake.

That said, Bears vs. Packers makes much more sense for this demo than Packers vs. Eagles. Long time rivals, rematch of NFC Championship game, etc, makes perfect sense to me.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.