Home
Madden 12 News Post

EA Sports has clarified the new CBA rules for Madden NFL 12 will not make it in this year. They also noted that updated rosters with all free agent moves will be available at launch.

Quote:
Due to the new CBA being implemented so late in our development cycle, we were unable to include the new CBA rules in Madden NFL 12.

Others have been asking if we would be able to patch the new CBA rules in after launch...

Due to the complex nature of the new rules and the current structure of in-game data and AI, we're not able to patch in the new CBA rules.

For those of you asking, there will be a full downloadable roster update at launch that will reflect all the various free agency changes.

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 CM Hooe @ 07/27/11 10:01 AM
It'd be kinda silly to expect EA to be able to implement the CBA rule changes this late in the process. The confirmation of a opening-day roster update, though expected at this point, is reassuring, however.

# 2 happymadison @ 07/27/11 10:14 AM
I'm pretty sure everyone expected a roster update on launch and it is very much appreciated.

# 3 CheesHd09 @ 07/27/11 10:30 AM
What does this mean for a reasonable salary cap?

# 4 BengalsFan99 @ 07/27/11 10:34 AM
They should have pushed the release date back further so they could implement the new CBA rules.

# 5 Spanky @ 07/27/11 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan99
They should have pushed the release date back further so they could implement the new CBA rules.
Shirley, you're not serious?

That might be the silliest suggestion I've ever heard.

# 6 Carolus Rex @ 07/27/11 11:20 AM
What are the major new rules that we will miss?

# 7 Roncatto @ 07/27/11 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolus Rex
What are the major new rules that we will miss?

To be honest we will mainly miss the following.
  • Madden rookies will continue to ask for salary and contract length based on old rules (so QB taken number 1 will be silly money), where as IRL they have to have 4 yr contract at x amount on the new scale set. (I think Cam is getting about £22m).
  • I think in madden you had no minimum salary spend so you could "sacrifice a year" to go big the following year. IRL its 90% you have to spend before season starts.

# 8 DocOx @ 07/27/11 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheesHd09
What does this mean for a reasonable salary cap?
Didn't the devs mention in one of their diary-post things that salary caps will be more realistic this year? I seem to remember that.

As long as the AI knows how to wheel and deal (to some extent) with the old CBA, I'll be happy.

# 9 Vaporub83 @ 07/27/11 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmoneymill
what about online franchise rosters??? these are always a few weeks behind and only updated like 2 times a year. Or is online franchise getting the shaft again due to "other circumstances" FIND OUT for us.
The commish could make all those changes before you guys start the franchise. Not an ideal solution but it will work in a worst case senario

# 10 N51_rob @ 07/27/11 11:52 AM
Not unexpected. I don't blame them for this at all. I would rather see them leave it alone, rather than try to put the new CBA into the game and have a lot of bugs within the newly promoted franchise mode.

# 11 LambertandHam @ 07/27/11 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giants4Natic
Nope....Most who buy Madden can care less about the new CBA rules.

You have to remember that us sim heads are a small pot in the Madden gorilla.

The date was pushed back already and it will not be done and should not be done at this point.

Season starts a week after the game comes out. When have you heard a game come out after the year starts.
I'm not so much a "sim head" as someone who enjoys the hell out of my offline franchises. I'll have a 10 year franchise with the Steelers, up to the point where the guys I spend time scouting and drafting totally make up my team.

Still I don't mind that the new CBA rules couldn't be put in due to the late date. Salary cap is wonky in Madden anyway, as they never fixed the glitch where you could change a 99 overall QB to a P, and sign him for really cheap.

# 12 gilla @ 07/27/11 12:33 PM
EA is going to have their work cut out for them to get the rosters and depth charts updated in time for release.

the new CBA rules wont be a game changer for me, as the status quo for salary cap whould be fine, I never gutted a team to below 90% of the cap anyways. Only thing it will affect is the outrageous rookie pay scale, but I typically draft in the middle to late parts of a round so doesn't have the impact of a top 10 drafted player.

# 13 bigsmallwood @ 07/27/11 12:57 PM
I applaud them for this...not much they can do except offer a roster update

# 14 Acrobat @ 07/27/11 01:10 PM
this roster thing sucks for those of us who refuse to pay for Xbox Live Gold.

# 15 X12Celtics3 @ 07/27/11 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roncatto
To be honest we will mainly miss the following.
  • Madden rookies will continue to ask for salary and contract length based on old rules (so QB taken number 1 will be silly money), where as IRL they have to have 4 yr contract at x amount on the new scale set. (I think Cam is getting about £22m).
  • I think in madden you had no minimum salary spend so you could "sacrifice a year" to go big the following year. IRL its 90% you have to spend before season starts.
Hmm... apparently the new CBA has rookies being paid in pounds.

# 16 blocknose @ 07/27/11 03:04 PM
i am kinda of surprised that they were not making a way to implement this stuff in. i would think if they have restricted free agents it would be as easy as changing part of the code for what year they become a RFA. The rookie scale i understand but with that being said cant they again change part of the code to lower how much the draft picks will ask for. I think that would be enough to appease most of us franchise die hards.

# 17 Acrobat @ 07/27/11 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter77733
You dont need Xbox Live Gold to download roster updates. Gold is just so you can play online against others. As long as Xbox Live Free allows you to go online to download rosters and games off Xbox Live arcade, I'll be fine since I dont play online. Anyway, again, you dont need Xbox Live Gold to download roster updates.
unless they changed something, that's incorrect. last year after i cancelled my xbox live gold account, i was not able to download roster updates.

# 18 rlsimpson2 @ 07/27/11 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrobat
unless they changed something, that's incorrect. last year after i cancelled my xbox live gold account, i was not able to download roster updates.
Actually, Peter77733 is correct. I did not have gold but was able to download roster updates last year. I believe you do it by clickiing on "depth charts".

# 19 PantherBeast_OS @ 07/27/11 04:42 PM
Far as the new CBA rules for salary cap not been in this year is fine. It really ain't a big deal to be honst. Glad to hear there will be a roster update day of the release from the start. Got to love it.

# 20 Acrobat @ 07/27/11 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlsimpson2
Actually, Peter77733 is correct. I did not have gold but was able to download roster updates last year. I believe you do it by clickiing on "depth charts".
wow, well that's good news then. i was clicking on "update roster" last year.

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.