Home
Madden 12 News Post

Jon Robinson of ESPN The Gamer takes us through the team overall ratings for the NFC West in Madden NFL 12.

Arizona Cardinals: 70
If you have the Cardinals in your "Lowest Rated Team in 'Madden 12'" pool, congratulations, you're the big winner. Playing as Arizona, your best bet is throwing to former cover star Larry Fitzgerald and getting the ball to LaRod Stephens-Howling in space. With 93 speed, Stephens-Howling can make people miss and take it to the house on any play.

San Francisco 49ers: 77
The 49ers just signed Alex Smith to be their starter in real life, but in "Madden 12," the Colin Kaepernick era has already started thanks to the rookie's impressive 85 speed, 81 acceleration, 92 throwing power, and 75 throwing accuracy. Gamers can definitely find ways to win with a quarterback like that.

St. Louis Rams: 78
With fast receivers like Donnie Avery (96 speed) and Laurent Robinson (92 speed) stretching the field, Steven Jackson (94 overall, 87 speed, 90 acceleration) should have plenty of running lanes opening up underneath.

Seattle Seahawks: 76
Marshawn Lynch went into beast mode during the playoffs, and his numbers reflect his effort as the back boasts 96 trucking power. Look for Mike Williams to also make an impact as he's the type of big receiver that has dominated "Madden" throughout the years (and his 95 spectacular catch rating doesn't hurt, either).

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 pale lung @ 07/27/11 05:01 PM
nah, North is next, South is last.

# 2 addybojangles @ 07/27/11 06:44 PM
Update the rosters and you'll probably see the Seahawks lose a few points with their current QB situation...

# 3 DaCarver13 @ 07/27/11 07:05 PM
4ers have been so overrated the last few Madden's. I really don't understand it.

I believe they will be the worst team in the NFC West this year. I can see why the Rams are getting some love, but not the 49ers. They have been horrible the last 8 seasons, yet the Madden developers seem to think that every year will be "the year" they breakout.

49ers last 8 years (record):
6-10
8-8
7-9
5-11
7-9
4-12
2-14
7-9

# 4 StL_RamZ @ 07/27/11 07:06 PM
Let's go rams.....78......cnt wait to see our team ratings

# 5 xITSxDAWKINSx @ 07/27/11 09:12 PM
best MLB patrick willis top ten RB frank gore to five TE vernon davis and at 77ovrl my 49ers are overrated. child please

# 6 NoTiCe_O @ 07/27/11 09:26 PM
49ers aren't overrated they're just underachievers.

# 7 Aggies7 @ 07/27/11 09:42 PM
That has to be only division with every team ranked under an 80.

But Seahawks may make that leap when you add Rice to the team.

# 8 Jessep07 @ 07/28/11 12:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter77733
I'm a 49ers fan but im surprised that SEA isnt the highest ranking team in the division. At worse, they should be tied with STL. ARZ should definitely be last because their QB situation is worse than ours. And even if they acquire Kolb, their QB situation wouldnt be that much better. Personally, they should trade for Orton. That would be a smarter, cheaper and better move.
I disagree. Given that Hasselbeck is out and Tavaris is in, that brings their season outlook down considerably (although signing Sidney Rice was great for them). As a 49er fan, I can't help but notice that as teams add players to their roster, we are losing a majority of our FA's. Now if only we can land Nnamdi...

# 9 TheTodd84 @ 07/28/11 09:49 AM
The reason why the 49ers are overrated every year is... look at their staff. Donny Moore, the supposed "ratings guru," is a huge 49ers fan. Also, EA is headquartered in the Bay Area. Coincidence? No sir. The Cardinals will not be the worst team in that division by any means, Seattle will be. The 49ers are a year away from being good and Saint Louis is still mediocre. Sure, Arizona is not that good, but a 70 overall rating? Come on, man, that's awfully low.

# 10 STLRams @ 07/28/11 10:47 AM
The Rams will take over the NFC West, nuff said.

# 11 DPM19 @ 07/28/11 12:09 PM
These are interesting to see but none of them matter. the only one on this list that wont change much are the 49rs with seahawks loosing hassleback Arizona pushing for Cobb and the rams expected to make some free agent moves most of these team overalls will change quickly.

# 12 oneamongthefence @ 07/28/11 12:28 PM
The only thing about these division breakdowns that disappoint me is all they talk about is speed.

# 13 ForeverYoung @ 07/28/11 01:27 PM
the 9ers will fight for first place again this year - first place in next years draft that is

# 14 Piccaso @ 07/28/11 01:29 PM
I play wit my 9ers every year but with colin o boy o boy run game gonna be serious

# 15 jyoung @ 07/28/11 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by albert_24
The only thing about these division breakdowns that disappoint me is all they talk about is speed.
Well speed is pretty much the only rating that matters in Madden.

What else should they be talking about?

# 16 oneamongthefence @ 07/28/11 02:13 PM
They should touch on strength of the team not the fastest players. Just seems counterproductive to what the devs are trying to accomplish imo.

# 17 aceoye @ 07/28/11 03:08 PM
looks like milwaukee's forecast

# 18 hendeeze @ 07/28/11 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTodd84
The reason why the 49ers are overrated every year is... look at their staff. Donny Moore, the supposed "ratings guru," is a huge 49ers fan. Also, EA is headquartered in the Bay Area. Coincidence? No sir. The Cardinals will not be the worst team in that division by any means, Seattle will be. The 49ers are a year away from being good and Saint Louis is still mediocre. Sure, Arizona is not that good, but a 70 overall rating? Come on, man, that's awfully low.
EA is HQ in the bay area, but Tiburon is in Florida....
The Cardinals ARE the worst team in the division even after Kolb
Then its the overachieving seahawks
Then its the talented but underachieving 49ers
Then its the one team that has a semblance of continuity with no glaring holes to fill, the Rams

The Niners have the most talented personnel in the NFC west and have gone 13-3 against the NFC west in the last 2 years. To say they are the worst in the NFC west is laughable.

# 19 knucklar @ 07/31/11 03:31 AM
Ahahahah NFC West sucks as usual.

# 20 Lange248 @ 07/31/11 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklar
Ahahahah NFC West sucks as usual.
Since 2000 NFC West has had 4 Super Bowl representatives.

NFC East = 3
NFC South = 3
NFC North = 2

Knucklar I don't think you know what you're talking about.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.