Home
Madden 12 News Post

Jon Robinson of ESPN The Gamer takes us through the team overall ratings for the NFC West in Madden NFL 12.

Arizona Cardinals: 70
If you have the Cardinals in your "Lowest Rated Team in 'Madden 12'" pool, congratulations, you're the big winner. Playing as Arizona, your best bet is throwing to former cover star Larry Fitzgerald and getting the ball to LaRod Stephens-Howling in space. With 93 speed, Stephens-Howling can make people miss and take it to the house on any play.

San Francisco 49ers: 77
The 49ers just signed Alex Smith to be their starter in real life, but in "Madden 12," the Colin Kaepernick era has already started thanks to the rookie's impressive 85 speed, 81 acceleration, 92 throwing power, and 75 throwing accuracy. Gamers can definitely find ways to win with a quarterback like that.

St. Louis Rams: 78
With fast receivers like Donnie Avery (96 speed) and Laurent Robinson (92 speed) stretching the field, Steven Jackson (94 overall, 87 speed, 90 acceleration) should have plenty of running lanes opening up underneath.

Seattle Seahawks: 76
Marshawn Lynch went into beast mode during the playoffs, and his numbers reflect his effort as the back boasts 96 trucking power. Look for Mike Williams to also make an impact as he's the type of big receiver that has dominated "Madden" throughout the years (and his 95 spectacular catch rating doesn't hurt, either).

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 knucklar @ 08/01/11 02:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lange248
Since 2000 NFC West has had 4 Super Bowl representatives.

NFC East = 3
NFC South = 3
NFC North = 2

Knucklar I don't think you know what you're talking about.
Record-wise, in the past few years the winners of the NFC West have usually had an average record. 7-9, 10-6, and 9-7 is barely skirting into the playoffs, often times losing in the divisional round with the exception of the Seahawks and Cardinals appearance.

2000 New Orleans Saints 10-6-0 Lost NFC Divisional Playoffs
2001 St. Louis Rams 14-2-0 Lost Super Bowl XXXVI
2002 San Francisco 49ers 10-6-0 Lost NFC Divisional Playoffs
2003 St. Louis Rams 12-4-0 Lost NFC Divisional Playoffs
2004 Seattle Seahawks 9-7-0 Lost NFC Wild Card Playoffs
2005 Seattle Seahawks 13-3-0 Lost Super Bowl XL
2006 Seattle Seahawks 9-7-0 Lost NFC Divisional Playoffs
2007 Seattle Seahawks 10-6-0 Lost NFC Divisional Playoffs
2008 Arizona Cardinals 9-7-0 Lost Super Bowl XLIII
2009 Arizona Cardinals 10-6-0 Lost NFC Divisional Playoffs
2010 Seattle Seahawks 7-9-0 Lost NFC Divisional Playoffs

Since 2000, the NFC has had three Super Bowl representatives. And lost each one. This doesn't include the 1999 Rams who won the Super Bowl. I understand they won it, but you're referring to 2000. All in all, the NFC West is generally considered quite weak and in case you missed last year, kind of pathetic. The Seahawks getting into the playoffs with a 7-9 record was fun, and it was quite entertaining to watch them beat the Saints.

While I thoroughly enjoy watching the Cardinals and Rams play when they're on, you have to admit that the division as a whole has been quite average.

# 22 Lange248 @ 08/01/11 04:07 AM
I know where you're coming from. The division on the most part is weak, but when it comes to playoffs any team is capable of making a run at it. I think the NFC West will almost always get a bad rap until a team wins a few super bowls in a row.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.