Home
NHL 12 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: NHL 12Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 26 - View All
NHL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 plaidchuck @ 07/27/11 05:22 PM
I'm getting a bit worried and annoyed that they keep rehashing these sizzle trailers.. for better or worse I like seeing those raw gameplay clips so I know what to expect for the game..

# 2 GrandMaster B @ 07/27/11 05:31 PM
Goalie fighting is dumb.

# 3 Section_25 @ 07/27/11 05:59 PM
Just realized that the goalie masks can be knocked off....LOL...Sweet!

# 4 SinisterAlex @ 07/27/11 07:03 PM
:45

REALLY? You would get ejected from the game for ramming a goalie into the boards... c'mon EA. I know you're trying to show this stuff off but still...

# 5 Lordofthething @ 07/27/11 09:41 PM
These videos generally are a little over the top - I'm not too worried about the goalie contact being ridiculous. Last year people were worried about the broken sticks being ridiculous and it wasn't. However, EA can't seem to get through their heads that enforcers shouldn't be on the PK so who knows. If I see MacIntyre on Pittsburgh's PK unit I'm going to bang my head on the wall until I draw blood. ...how they can make such a great game and continuously have enforcers killing penalties is beyond me.

# 6 AllJuicedUp @ 07/27/11 09:49 PM
I've never understood who these videos are made for. Surely the casual fans aren't going online looking for videos. And the hardcore fans don't want the fake media hype sizzle videos.

I just don't get what their goal is with these things.

# 7 Vikes1 @ 07/27/11 10:27 PM
Like Plaid said...I'm also hoping to see some more plain ole raw gameplay footage. Plaid's right, raw gameplay does give ya a whole lot better idea of what to expect from the game. Especially if their showing the gameplay on a level of play most of us use, All star/Superstar.

One thing I really liked about this video was...the interaction between the players battling for position in front of the net, looked much better [more reasonable] imo, than the first few vids I saw.

# 8 Bolts_26 @ 07/27/11 11:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by plaidchuck
I'm getting a bit worried and annoyed that they keep rehashing these sizzle trailers.. for better or worse I like seeing those raw gameplay clips so I know what to expect for the game..
Casual fans, who are the majority of the buyers, want to see trailers showing off the game in a clean and exaggerated way. They do not want to see "boring" raw gameplay like us hardcore/die-hard EA NHL fans. They just gotta make money..

# 9 bigwill33 @ 07/28/11 02:58 AM
Eh, wait til otp when some fool finds it necessary to run the goalie as much as they can. And when every game has a goalie fight. Or wonder how long it will be before I learn to not "bump" the goalie by accident when I'm crashing for a lose puck rebound or cross crease tap in.

EA still hasn't resolved how affective it is on d to just lie down around the crease either. Try that in real life! They added a jump feature that is unrealistic and never works for what it's intended for, gee thanks.

# 10 Vikes1 @ 07/28/11 04:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
Or wonder how long it will be before I learn to not "bump" the goalie by accident when I'm crashing for a lose puck rebound or cross crease tap in.
Yep, this is going to take a while to get use to...having to be careful around the goalies. This alone will make '12' quite a bit of a different game.

I wonder if for off-line play, if there'll be a sensitivity slider for contact with the goalies.

# 11 plaidchuck @ 07/28/11 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
Eh, wait til otp when some fool finds it necessary to run the goalie as much as they can. And when every game has a goalie fight. Or wonder how long it will be before I learn to not "bump" the goalie by accident when I'm crashing for a lose puck rebound or cross crease tap in.

EA still hasn't resolved how affective it is on d to just lie down around the crease either. Try that in real life! They added a jump feature that is unrealistic and never works for what it's intended for, gee thanks.
Yep OTP is going to be some funny stuff... I wonder if you'll also be able to get that discipline to 90+ and just check the goalie indefinitely..

# 12 kerosene31 @ 07/28/11 02:04 PM
I'm really hoping this isn't going to open up all sorts of cheese goals online.

# 13 leafs nation @ 07/28/11 02:17 PM
Goalie fights are a joke EA. Put them in fine but it's just not a big deal. You think it's way too big of a deal. Makes me think there isn't much else to talk about.

# 14 Splitter77 @ 07/29/11 07:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalsanto0026
I wish they'd get rid of that horrible first person fighting. What was wrong with third person?
I hate first person fighting. Everything about the fighting is comical. The first person view, to everything on the ice totally disappearing. Fighting is a joke in this game.

# 15 FBeaule04 @ 07/29/11 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogie Vachon
For one thing,...to keep players from getting outrageous attribute levels for online play......EA should reduce the effect of the attributes by 15%,.....so an online attribute of 90 would be equal to what is now 75,.....99(100%) would be what is now an 85.

Online players should just not be able to max out the programming`s potential,
Come on Rogie, you should know better by now! :-)

Even if they cap the online players to 85 ov, EA programmers will let (since it as happen for the last 2 games, I'm no more considering this an error, but something done on purpose) a gap to glitch the overall to some extent and after a while, everyone will know the trick and do it.

Some will say I again give sh*t to programmers, but when you have ways to go around the overall twice in two years the same way, I'm no more considering it an accident or ommission, but a way to gain advantage on community until they find about and close the gap.

Oh, and for the OTP and Online part, I expect nothing more than what we saw since EASHL inception. Nice features taken to the extreme limit by online players. Boardplay, pick-a-boo shot, wraparound, etc, etc. Expect the goalie collision to become a real nightmare on OTP!

# 16 ManiacMatt1782 @ 08/01/11 07:30 AM
I can tell you what the first cheese goal in otp will be. A timing play. 1 player shoots and the 2nd player times it so after the shot is off, he interferes with the goalie, so the goal counts due to no touch up on the interference ea will get this wrong and the goal will count but irl a goal would be disallowed if it came off a goalie interference penalty.

# 17 Lightbringer719 @ 08/01/11 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitter77
I hate first person fighting. Everything about the fighting is comical. The first person view, to everything on the ice totally disappearing. Fighting is a joke in this game.
As well as players falling down when getting knocked out, and also the players posturing like professional wrestlers when they win a fight.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.