Home
Madden 12 News Post

ESPN The Gamer has posted the Madden NFL 12 player ratings for the top 5 quarterbacks in the game.

Tom Brady - 99
Peyton Manning - 98
Aaron Rodgers - 98
Philip Rivers - 96
Drew Brees - 96

Are there any changes you would like to see, or are they just about right?

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 statum71 @ 08/01/11 10:44 PM
Looks about right. Thats probably the top 5.

# 22 brettmickey @ 08/01/11 11:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by poopoop
They should scrap overall ratings completely. Would do a lot of good and would allow players to be rated on their own merit instead of trying to make them a certain overall.
That would scrap a lot of the debate and questioning that happens. You would have to choose starters/free agent pickups/draft picks based off of what ratings you feel are important or name recognition, rather than the best overall player that is close to what you want. Regardless I choose players based on ratings I feel are the most important but this is an interesting idea

# 23 kingcrf @ 08/01/11 11:06 PM
these ratings dont matter now with dpp what matters is the consistency

# 24 kingcrf @ 08/01/11 11:13 PM
since everyone is throwing their top tens out ill do mine
1 tom brady 99
2 manning 98
3 brees 96
4 rivers 96
5 rodgers 96
6 ryan 95
7 vick 93
8 rothlisberger 88
9 eli manning 86
10 shaub 86

# 25 CFTejada @ 08/01/11 11:30 PM
Why does ratings of a NFL Player matter to you guys? It's just a game and someone's opinion..

A overall of 99 and 98 is the same thing, they both are very good in the game, so who Cares?

# 26 Palo20 @ 08/01/11 11:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crenk
ESPN article rating QB's based off of a new system
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post...t-quarterbacks

Big Ben not in the top ten

Top tier: Brady, Peyton Manning, Matt Ryan, Michael Vick, Rodgers and Drew Brees.

Well above average: Josh Freeman, Eli Manning and Philip Rivers.

Above average: Ben Roethlisberger, Tony Romo, Joe Flacco, Matt Schaub, David Garrard and Kerry Collins.

Around average: Matt Cassel, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Mark Sanchez, Carson Palmer, Colt McCoy, Kyle Orton and Jon Kitna.

Below average: Shaun Hill, Jason Campbell, Jay Cutler, Matt Hasselbeck, Chad Henne, Donovan McNabb, Sam Bradford and Alex Smith.

Poor: Derek Anderson, Brett Favre and Jimmy Clausen.
The new system makes pretty good sense, but the People at Football Outsiders commented that they don't adjust for competition. That would make it better. A QB putting up great numbers against top 10 pass defenses is obviously more impressive.

# 27 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 08/02/11 01:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by belucheez
Josh Freeman over Big Ben... lolwut?
Josh Freeman was hands down better than Big Ben last year dude. Freeman was one of the best in the league last year.

# 28 bkrich83 @ 08/02/11 01:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
Josh Freeman was hands down better than Big Ben last year dude. Freeman was one of the best in the league last year.
Hands down? How so?

# 29 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 08/02/11 01:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Hands down? How so?
Well hands down was a little much, but I think it's pretty clear that he was better. More yards passing and rushing, more touchdowns, 1 more interception, a better TD-INT ratio, sacked fewer times in 4 more games, and only 1 more interception in 4 more games as well, 5 4th quarter combacks last year, and also simply the fact that he played the full season.

Now Eli having had a better season than Big Ben according to that QBR thing... that one I have a tough time explaining lol

# 30 hurricanefootball4 @ 08/02/11 02:06 AM
I hope Donny assigned a rating to Brett Favre for this year's Madden, just in case

# 31 squadron supreme @ 08/02/11 02:13 AM
I read that espn article and I'm not buying some of the evaluations. Romo statistically is an above average player but since they are giving more weight to suppossedly clutch plays by quarterbacks he would be below average at best. Cutler behind the worst offensive line in the league with no number one wideout helped get his team to the NFC Championsip yet he is two tiers below Romo and Collins come on now?

# 32 warhorseballa06 @ 08/02/11 04:06 AM
Rodgers over Brees? get outta here wit dat

# 33 carnalnirvana @ 08/02/11 05:29 AM
as much as i hate the saints for beating us in that SB Drew Brees is the third best QB behind manning and brady...

# 34 Jumpman232 @ 08/02/11 05:47 AM
Tom Brady (95)
Peyton Manning (94)
Drew Brees (92)
Aaron Rodgers (89)
Big Ben (88)
Mike Vick (87)
Philip Rivers (86)
Josh Freeman (84)
Joe Flacco (82)
Matt S. (80)
Mark Sanchez (79)

# 35 menglish20 @ 08/02/11 06:42 AM
This list isn't bad.

My picks:
Rodgers - 99 (his athleticism pushes him over the top)
Manning - 98
Brady - 96 (he had a big year in a great system, he's elite but don't let stats be the basis of everything)
Brees - 93
Rivers - 90 (lack of athleticism haha, still an elite arm, don't get me wrong)

Rivers is the only one I wouldn't put in my top 5 overall. These guys all have championship caliber arms, but mobility is a factor which is why Rodgers has the higher OVR.

And to all the haters, don't complain about the overalls being too high, overall is simply a calculation. EA should fix how OVR is calculated (or remove it, or make it custom! ). EA should NOT alter ratings to get a desired OVR. That's one of the bigger problems with ratings.

# 36 BAMProctor @ 08/02/11 07:31 PM
Rodgers is over rated, he is like a 93 at most because he has alot of weapons to help him out

p.s. vick is better than rodgers and he only has a 91 rating

# 37 BAMProctor @ 08/02/11 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by menglish20
This list isn't bad.

My picks:
Rodgers - 99 (his athleticism pushes him over the top)
Manning - 98
Brady - 96 (he had a big year in a great system, he's elite but don't let stats be the basis of everything)
Brees - 93
Rivers - 90 (lack of athleticism haha, still an elite arm, don't get me wrong)

Rivers is the only one I wouldn't put in my top 5 overall. These guys all have championship caliber arms, but mobility is a factor which is why Rodgers has the higher OVR.

And to all the haters, don't complain about the overalls being too high, overall is simply a calculation. EA should fix how OVR is calculated (or remove it, or make it custom! ). EA should NOT alter ratings to get a desired OVR. That's one of the bigger problems with ratings.
Brady and Manning are waaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better than rodgers so you should give both of them 99s

# 38 Chrisksaint @ 08/02/11 07:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorseballa06
Rodgers over Brees? get outta here wit dat
Not really an outlandish statement, not like someone is saying Matt Ryan over Rodgers. From a pure passing standpoint, Brees over Rodger any day. Include the athleticism, Rodgers over Brees(although brees is athletic, he just does all his work in like a 1 foot area to avoid sacks lol)

We just live in a what have you done for me lately world, people remember Rodgers being great last season and Brees being hurt and throwing a bunch of picks. and now apparently people think Vick is worth of a 90 overall when he was great for what was basically half a season or something

As I said in another Drew Brees thread on here, stop looking at the overall and look at the actual ratings indivually as you'll see it accurately portrays them better

# 39 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 08/02/11 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by belucheez
Last year yeah. But Josh Freeman played 4 more games then Big Ben did. If Ben played all season, he would of done better then Freeman. Plus the fact that that system is just based on last year stats shows it is flawed.
Um, that's how stats work. Theyre kept on a year to year basis. And I gigot doubt his numbers would have been better with more games. He was still on pace for less touchdowns and more interceptions

Edit: gigot = highly... stupid iPhone lol

# 40 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 08/02/11 08:51 PM
Rodgers throws the ball as well as anyone and runs much netter than the other top 4. Rodgers deserves every bit of that rating.

Edit: netter = better. Stupid iPhone again.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.