Home
Madden 12 News Post

ESPN The Gamer has posted the Madden NFL 12 player ratings for the top 5 quarterbacks in the game.

Tom Brady - 99
Peyton Manning - 98
Aaron Rodgers - 98
Philip Rivers - 96
Drew Brees - 96

Are there any changes you would like to see, or are they just about right?

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 jeremym480 @ 08/02/11 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorseballa06
Rodgers over Brees? get outta here wit dat
You guys don't want me to pull out my "guess which QB these stats belong to" game? Trust me Saints fans who think this way, you don't.

# 42 Chrisksaint @ 08/02/11 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
You guys don't want me to pull out my "guess which QB these stats belong to" game? Trust me Saints fans who think this way, you don't.
No point to pull out the Big Guns in the Madden forums, I'm fully aware of how good Rodgers is. I was just merely backing up the point that it's not completely out of reach to say Brees>Rodgers, Rodgers had the better year last year but Brees had better years the other years Rodgers was a starter and few years before that. One year shouldn't automatically put Rodgers in front of Brees imo(people think too much about potential in future when it comes to Rodgers I think), but it's splitting hairs at this point when discussing the top QBs. They portray these 2 well enough in this game, Brees being the accurate as can be pocket passer and Rodgers with a little less accuracy but more athletic

# 43 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 08/02/11 10:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisksaint
No point to pull out the Big Guns in the Madden forums, I'm fully aware of how good Rodgers is. I was just merely backing up the point that it's not completely out of reach to say Brees>Rodgers, Rodgers had the better year last year but Brees had better years the other years Rodgers was a starter and few years before that. One year shouldn't automatically put Rodgers in front of Brees imo(people think too much about potential in future when it comes to Rodgers I think), but it's splitting hairs at this point when discussing the top QBs. They portray these 2 well enough in this game, Brees being the accurate as can be pocket passer and Rodgers with a little less accuracy but more athletic
Eh, I think Rodgers was better the past two seasons, but to each their own.

# 44 number1thumbs @ 08/02/11 10:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480

one of 2 players ever to pass for 5000 + yards...not Rodgers

highest completion % in the history of the NFL.... not Rodgers

leader of the number 1 offense in the NFL the past 3 out of 5 years...again, not Rodgers

besides the picks, Brees still had a monster season last year all while playing on only one good knee

# 45 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 08/02/11 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by number1thumbs
one of 2 players ever to pass for 5000 + yards...not Rodgers

highest completion % in the history of the NFL.... not Rodgers

leader of the number 1 offense in the NFL the past 3 out of 5 years...again, not Rodgers

Brees still had a monster season last year besides the picks while playing on only one good knee
But... not as good as Rodgers last year, and I think Rodgers' numbers were better the year before too.

# 46 BigBoi23 @ 08/02/11 10:45 PM
Ah yes, the classic bitter argument between fans of players over a difference of a few points in a video game. A time-honored tradition.

# 47 Chrisksaint @ 08/02/11 10:50 PM
If we wanna compare stats I guess we go to war lmao, I thin were all in agreement Rodgers had better stats last season

(15 games)Brees '09 363/514(70.6% nfl record) 34TD 11INT 4388yds
(16 games)Rodgers '09 350/541(64.7%) 30 TD 7INT 4434yds

Close but the comp % and more TDs, in 1 less game(Payton sat him in a pointless Carolina game) stand out to me. This is all a pointless arguement as I mentioned before I believe, were just splitting hairs

# 48 number1thumbs @ 08/02/11 10:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
But... not as good as Rodgers last year, and I think Rodgers' numbers were better the year before too.

nah, Brees had the better '09 season

taking 50 sacks in a single season is pretty terrible

Rodgers improved on it last year and it showed..i'll concede '10 to Aaron but '09 was definitely all Drew

# 49 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 08/02/11 11:00 PM
Quote:
If we wanna compare stats I guess we go to war lmao, I thin were all in agreement Rodgers had better stats last season

(15 games)Brees '09 363/514(70.6% nfl record) 34TD 11INT 4388yds
(16 games)Rodgers '09 350/541(64.7%) 30 TD 7INT 4434yds

Close but the comp % and more TDs, in 1 less game(Payton sat him in a pointless Carolina game) stand out to me. This is all a pointless arguement as I mentioned before I believe, were just splitting hairs
Rodgers '09: 4750 yds 34 TDs 7 INTs

If Brees has his average game from that season for a 16th game, he still ends up with fewer yards and more turnovers.

Edit: Factoring in Rodgers' rushing which is a critical part of his game.

# 50 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 08/02/11 11:03 PM
Quote:
nah, Brees had the better '09 season

taking 50 sacks in a single season is pretty terrible

Rodgers improved on it last year and it showed..i'll concede '10 to Aaron but '09 was definitely all Drew
I would take more sacks over more turnovers any day, and the fact that Rodgers fumbled the ball the same amount of times as Brees despite taking 30 more sacks is pretty impressive to me.

# 51 Chrisksaint @ 08/02/11 11:06 PM
Meh too many sacks can basically be the equivalent of a turnover if you think about it. While Sacks isn't completely his fault I believe that was the year he had a lot of criticism for holding on to the ball too long.

Can we just drop this pointless arguement, both are good, both a phenomenal QBs,etc. Personally I believe both of these guys will be the top 2 QBs this season.

# 52 jeremym480 @ 08/02/11 11:14 PM
Go back three years (the time in which Rodgers has been a starter) and compare those numbers to Brees. And while you're at it check out Rivers numbers versus Brees' too. Now, I'm not saying that Brees is a bad QB. He's great. What I am saying is that for people to say that it's laughable to put Rodgers or Rivers even, over Brees is pretty ridiculous.

# 53 number1thumbs @ 08/02/11 11:14 PM
Quote:
I would take more sacks over more turnovers any day, and the fact that Rodgers fumbled the ball the same amount of times as Brees despite taking 30 more sacks is pretty impressive to me.

sacks and picks are both drive killers..field position is the only real difference besides the extremely rare 3rd and 14+ conversion

Brees is every bit as athletic as Rodgers, probably more.

as a junior, he beat Andy Roddick in tennis for pete's sake..Andy freaking Roddick

as a 6'0 30+ year old, he dunked the ball over the goal post in Miami..

what i'm saying is Brees is too good at going through his progressions in the pocket to have to rely on his athleticism to gain yards

edit: i think Rodgers is a great QB btw...but when i see people spouting off about my guy Drew, i get a bit defensive

TBH if im a GM in a real life fantasy draft im picking either Rodgers or Brees first out of anyone

# 54 sportjames23 @ 08/02/11 11:15 PM
I think the ratings are off, but the good thing about sports games is you can adjust the ratings to what you think they should be. No way is any QB in the game today a 99. So I'll be making my adjustments on Day One.

# 55 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 08/02/11 11:19 PM
Quote:
sacks and picks are both drive killers..field position is the only real difference besides the extremely rare 3rd and 14+ conversion

Brees is every bit as athletic as Rodgers, probably more.

as a junior, he Andy Roddick in tennis for pete's sake..Andy freaking Roddick

as a 6'0 30+ year old, he dunked the ball over the goal post in Miami..

what i'm saying is Brees is too good at going through his progressions in the pocket to have to rely on his athleticism to gain yards
If you honestly think Brees compares to Rodgers scrambling wise, then I don't know what to tell you man, but I think this "He's just too good at finding open guys to ever scramble" thing is a load of bs. If that were the case, his passing numbers wouldn't be marginally better than Rodgers and he wouldn't throw more interceptions.

# 56 number1thumbs @ 08/02/11 11:31 PM
Quote:
If you honestly think Brees compares to Rodgers scrambling wise, then I don't know what to tell you man, but I think this "He's just too good at finding open guys to ever scramble" thing is a load of bs. If that were the case, his passing numbers wouldn't be marginally better than Rodgers and he wouldn't throw more interceptions.
so you're telling me you'd rather 4 less tds, 4 less ints and 30 more sacks from your QB?...really?('09)

Brees is as good as there has ever been at commanding and manipulating the pocket...it's been stated countless times by "experts"

and about the "load of BS"..you should watch Drew play...it's pretty fun to watch a QB not act like a statue and take numerous hits or break contain just because his primary and secondary reads are covered

im out..but..watch more football

# 57 jeremym480 @ 08/02/11 11:32 PM
Quote:
so you're telling me you'd rather 4 less tds, 4 less ints and 30 more sacks from your QB?...really?('09)

Brees is as good as there has ever been at commanding and manipulating the pocket...it's been stated countless times by "experts"

and about the "load of BS"..you should watch Drew play...it's pretty fun to watch a QB not act like a statue and take numerous hits or break contain just because his primary and secondary reads are covered
LOL

10 CHAR

# 58 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 08/02/11 11:37 PM
Quote:

im out..but..watch more football
Lol, I watch Brees play 2-4 times a year; more than I see Rodgers actually (not counting playoff games). And if by 4 more touchdowns, you mean zero more touchdowns (because Rodgers scored just as many touchdowns as Brees did in '09), then yes, I would rather have the same # of touchdowns, less turnovers, and more punts than the same # of touchdowns, more turnovers, and fewer punts because of the fact that you turned it over more.

And I'm a Bucs fan, so I get to see a QB that doesn't just sit like a statue all the time.

# 59 Chrisksaint @ 08/02/11 11:39 PM
Sooo yeah I idolize Brees and even I think it's safe to say that Rodgers is more athletic then Brees.

I think what this guy is trying to say is Brees is athletic more in amazing footwork(presumably coming from his tennis days). I don't think i've ever seen a guy avoid more sacks with barely moving a a few feet then Brees has(slight side steps, shoulder fakes,etc.)

# 60 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 08/02/11 11:44 PM
Quote:
Sooo yeah I idolize Brees and even I think it's safe to say that Rodgers is more athletic then Brees.

I think what this guy is trying to say is Brees is athletic more in amazing footwork(presumably coming from his tennis days). I don't think i've ever seen a guy avoid more sacks with barely moving a a few feet then Brees has(slight side steps, shoulder fakes,etc.)
Well yeah, lol, that's part of what makes Manning, Brady, and Brees elite QBs without having much mobility; they do a great job of avoiding sacks without having to move much.

Not related to you (Chrisksaint), but back to the guy that was saying Brees is just as athletic as Rodgers, what did me saying Brees is nowhere near as good a scrambler as Rodgers have to do with who I would rather take? Lol. But I responded anyway...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.