Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

EA Sports has just posted the NCAA Football 12 title update #2 details. The patch is currently on schedule to release before the end of the month, no exact date, as of yet.

Before getting to the details of the update, I want to take a moment to thank you, the NCAA Football community, for all of your patience and assistance during the past couple of weeks. A great many of you share the same passion for this game as we do, and you did everything possible to help identify issues, and provide the necessary details - not just to help make a game better, but to make your game better. If you are reading this, you are a member of the most dedicated community in gaming, and for that we are truly grateful. Now, on to the details:

Week Advance Anywhere
  • As a token of our appreciation, we’re happy to announce that as of today “Week Advance Anywhere” on the web is now available for use, and that this feature will be FREE for everyone to use.
Custom Playbooks
  • With this Title Update the missing play issue that led to a number of problems when using Custom Playbooks has been fixed. Not only is the issue fixed, but you will not need to recreate your playbooks! Any existing playbook will have the fix applied, and you will be able to continue using that playbook without issue.
Tendencies
  • As with the Custom Playbooks resolution, the fix to the issue of edited player tendencies changing will not negate any previously edited roster file. The fix will be applied to both those existing files, as well as any new roster file that is created.
  • If you are in a Dynasty or Online Dynasty you will not need to restart as long as your Dynasty is still in year one and you have not advanced past “Training Results” in the off-season. If you are before this point, the update will be applied to your existing Dynasty/Online Dynasty and the tendencies will be correct for all players going forward. If you are in year two and beyond, the tendency issue impact will be less and less as the players graduate/are cut from the rosters.
  • In addition to the tendencies issue, we have also included both the ability to edit height and weight for players, as well as the option to edit the rosters of CPU controlled teams. In an Online Dynasty the commissioner will have the ability to edit the rosters for other human controlled teams. These were both big requests from you in the community.
  • Finally, a bug was fixed with the profanity filter that was preventing many common names from being entered. Now, any name can be entered, for offline use. A profanity filter is applied to Online Dynasty when the Dynasty is created. If you prefer to opt out of this filter, you can set the Dynasty to Private and the profanity check will not run.
Freezes/Crashes
  • A major focus for this Title Update was to address any freezes/crashes that were found. There were a number of these issues fixed in this Title Update including a crash that occurred when there were multiple TeamBuilder teams in an Online Dynasty, as well as a crash that occurred during the downloading of an Online Dynasty file.
Gameplay
  • Increased the acceleration of QB’s on Speed Option plays.
  • Improved WR blocking, especially on option plays
  • Fixed an issue where defenders assigned to play the curl to flat/buzz zone did not engage immediately when the QB scrambles past the LOS.
  • Fixed an issue where safeties with inside deep ¼ zone would drop back instead of read-and-react on run plays.
  • Fixed an issue in Nickel Cover 3 where the flat zone defender didn’t move as the QB was running at them.
  • Fixed an issue with Double Outs from 4-2-5 Normal where the RLB wasn’t blocked properly vs. certain formations.
Highlights
  • Fixed an issue that caused a blank photo to be uploaded leading to issues with other highlights being uploaded.
Dynasty
  • Fixed an issue in Online Dynasty where injured players did not remain injured when the week advanced.
  • Fixed an issue where a player’s injury time was only reduced by one week when going from Conference Championship week to Bowl Season. Players will now be back for their Bowl game if they should be off of the IR when their bowl game is played.
  • Fixed an issue where coaches that changed jobs could get stuck in a state where they were still listed as coaching at their old school on the Players Leaving screen, leading to a Transfer Failed issue.
  • Fixed an issue that occasionally prevented Dynasties from advancing to the post season.
  • Fixed an issue with the schedule that prevented entering the Virginia Tech vs. Boston College game (fixed for both Dynasty and RTG).
  • Fixed an issue where recruiting related trophies/achievements were not unlocked properly if you signed an extension in that season.
  • Fixed an issue with Program Stability where the grade would drop from A+ to D+ in one season.
  • Fixed an issue with the Unlock All Promises PDLC not unlocking properly on the Dynasty website.
  • When viewing an Online Dynasty invite, added information to show what type of job can be selected by default.
  • Fixed an issue when in the off-season where player stats did not match up between the web and console.
RTG
  • Fixed an issue where CB’s could not audible after earning the ability to do so through Coach Trust.
  • Fixed an issue where HB’s could not flip the play after earning the ability to do so through Coach Trust.
  • Fixed an issue where player’s online stats were not displaying promptly on the Online Leaderboards.

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 sportsgamefanman @ 08/02/11 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElite3
Wow, no fixes for the deep route issues. This is my number one issue with this game.
I agree 100%! I can't believe this wasn't fixed. I have put this game on the shelf for 2 weeks now due to this and waiting for a fix but now I am going to trade it in for madden 12 rather then wait for a 3rd patch to correct this. Unfortunately this is a game breaker for me. Knowing that deep pases are money whenever I want to or need to throw deep is ridiculous. Please no one say don't call verts because its not just verts its all streaks and also please don't someone say don't run streaks because that isnt football either.

I just don't feel like changing every safety in the game to 99 awareness, 99 zone coverage, and then every corner to 99 press coverage to fix an issue that should have been patched... They said they listened to the community but obviously missed the huge thread talking about this specific issue...

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ensive-ai.html

# 22 waytofailself @ 08/02/11 03:42 PM
Thanks for sharing this

# 23 thejake @ 08/02/11 03:44 PM
Maybe they'll be able to fix some of the other stuff with tuner updates.

# 24 PowerofRed25 @ 08/02/11 03:45 PM
Still nothing on reordering of formations in custom books. I mean, I'm glad they won't all crash now, but I had already found a work around for that and haven't had a custom book disappear mid-game on me. But the reordering of formations is huge. It is hard to go through my playbook which contains 23 Shotgun formations and get where I want to be.

It cannot be difficult to find the code that dictates what the game does when a formation is added and rewrite it so that the most recently added formation goes first (or last).

These are some GREAT fixes and they seem to be getting the most important one, the roster glitch, fixed... but at the same time, some major glaring problems remain. And, I hate to say it, whatever new problems this patch causes...

# 25 dochalladay32 @ 08/02/11 03:46 PM
Love the list and a lot of the things being fixed are more important than this deep route issue. Although a problem, I'm not seeing it anywhere near as much as some of you guys are unless you blatantly abuse it against the computer.

# 26 booker21 @ 08/02/11 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsgamefanman
I agree 100%! I can't believe this wasn't fixed. I have put this game on the shelf for 2 weeks now due to this and waiting for a fix but now I am going to trade it in for madden 12 rather then wait for a 3rd patch to correct this. Unfortunately this is a game breaker for me. Knowing that deep pases are money whenever I want to or need to throw deep is ridiculous. Please no one say don't call verts because its not just verts its all streaks and also please don't someone say don't run streaks because that isnt football either.

I just don't feel like changing every safety in the game to 99 awareness, 99 zone coverage, and then every corner to 99 press coverage to fix an issue that should have been patched... They said they listened to the community but obviously missed the huge thread talking about this specific issue...

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ensive-ai.html
This ^

How they missed it?

It´s the same as if in a basketball all 3points are money.
If you are trailing by 3 points and you have 3 sec left.. you have to go for it..

Gamebreaker.

# 27 chi_hawks @ 08/02/11 03:50 PM
Glad to hear they are working on this...sucks that its gonna be weeks away, but that comes with the territory.

Super linebackers would have been nice to fix, but for me, its not that huge of an issue. The roster fix is the main one I am waiting for.

# 28 DJ @ 08/02/11 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejake
Maybe they'll be able to fix some of the other stuff with tuner updates.
This is my thought as well. Overall I am happy with the patch notes. I'll continue to play Exhibition games with default rosters for a few more weeks until it drops.

# 29 PLACT15 @ 08/02/11 03:52 PM
fml...my XBL subscription is up in 4 days...guess ill have to get a 1 month cuz i wasn't planning on getting it again. where do you go to download the patch updates?

# 30 bcruise @ 08/02/11 03:53 PM
Here's hoping the QB acceleration and WR blocking is enough to get the option rolling for the CPU. Great to hear the tendencies are getting fixed.

# 31 bonannogiovanni @ 08/02/11 03:53 PM
Personally I find the details underwhelming, I'd like to know if there's going to be a third patch.....

# 32 skullman80 @ 08/02/11 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLACT15
fml...my XBL subscription is up in 4 days...guess ill have to get a 1 month cuz i wasn't planning on getting it again. where do you go to download the patch updates?
You don't need XBL live gold to download patch updates. As long as you have a silver account and an active connection you can get any updates you need.

# 33 The GIGGAS @ 08/02/11 03:54 PM
Quote:
You can download patches with a XBL Silver account.

# 34 speedy43 @ 08/02/11 03:54 PM
Quote:
Once it is available, it will be an automatic download when you start the game.

# 35 carnalnirvana @ 08/02/11 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
My lord guys. They can't fix EVERY SINGLE THING that you guys see is wrong with the game. This is a pretty big patch, yet people are STILL complaining that this or that didn't get fixed. They've obviously listened to the community and fixed quite a bit of things that are a "game-breaker" to lots of people.
these "issues" we have are game breakers to us...,

the way others got their issues addressed was to " complain" and highlight the issues bothering them..

well its out turn, as long as i follow the TOS i'll keep bringing these issues up....

the patch addresses half the issues..

# 36 gerg1234 @ 08/02/11 03:55 PM
what scares me is that I see no fix for the scheduling issues in dynasty....be terrible if I have to see some of my conference play 9 games and other teams play 8.

# 37 sportsgamefanman @ 08/02/11 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dochalladay32
Love the list and a lot of the things being fixed are more important than this deep route issue. Although a problem, I'm not seeing it anywhere near as much as some of you guys are unless you blatantly abuse it against the computer.
Its not about abusing it. I have had 3rd and 15's after a sack or 1st and 10 with ball on my own 20 and only 50 seconds in a half. I will hot route a streak to one wr and he's wide open for a 80 yard TD. The CPU has no knowledge of the situation. Also, ANYTIME the CPU plays bump and run after the WR releases from the bump you are wide open for a 15-20 yard gain every time. There is no safety help at all. I'm not going to highjack this thread but its a known gamekiller and go try it and see. Should I never run a streak in the game? Should I only pass the ball to a curl route or a slant. Should I handicap myself? I shouldn't have to do any of that. A Numer of guys have seen this. I doubt they all abuse 1 play. Just because you don't see it or can't do it doesn't mean it's not an issue. Its a major issue and for the record I already handicap myself and don't allow myself to call 4 verts. But, its still an issue with any play with a streak in it...

# 38 ODogg @ 08/02/11 03:57 PM
About the only thing I see missing is I don't see any fix in patch 2 to address white uniforms not getting dirty in bad weather. But then that's so minor maybe they just forgot to put that into the blog. Hope it's fixed..

# 39 mva5580 @ 08/02/11 03:58 PM
Nothing on audio fixes....unfortunate.

# 40 DNMHIII @ 08/02/11 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580
Nothing on audio fixes....unfortunate.
Try this in the link bellow.

True Gameday Experience (AUDIO)

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.