Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

EA Sports has just posted the NCAA Football 12 title update #2 details. The patch is currently on schedule to release before the end of the month, no exact date, as of yet.

Before getting to the details of the update, I want to take a moment to thank you, the NCAA Football community, for all of your patience and assistance during the past couple of weeks. A great many of you share the same passion for this game as we do, and you did everything possible to help identify issues, and provide the necessary details - not just to help make a game better, but to make your game better. If you are reading this, you are a member of the most dedicated community in gaming, and for that we are truly grateful. Now, on to the details:

Week Advance Anywhere
  • As a token of our appreciation, we’re happy to announce that as of today “Week Advance Anywhere” on the web is now available for use, and that this feature will be FREE for everyone to use.
Custom Playbooks
  • With this Title Update the missing play issue that led to a number of problems when using Custom Playbooks has been fixed. Not only is the issue fixed, but you will not need to recreate your playbooks! Any existing playbook will have the fix applied, and you will be able to continue using that playbook without issue.
Tendencies
  • As with the Custom Playbooks resolution, the fix to the issue of edited player tendencies changing will not negate any previously edited roster file. The fix will be applied to both those existing files, as well as any new roster file that is created.
  • If you are in a Dynasty or Online Dynasty you will not need to restart as long as your Dynasty is still in year one and you have not advanced past “Training Results” in the off-season. If you are before this point, the update will be applied to your existing Dynasty/Online Dynasty and the tendencies will be correct for all players going forward. If you are in year two and beyond, the tendency issue impact will be less and less as the players graduate/are cut from the rosters.
  • In addition to the tendencies issue, we have also included both the ability to edit height and weight for players, as well as the option to edit the rosters of CPU controlled teams. In an Online Dynasty the commissioner will have the ability to edit the rosters for other human controlled teams. These were both big requests from you in the community.
  • Finally, a bug was fixed with the profanity filter that was preventing many common names from being entered. Now, any name can be entered, for offline use. A profanity filter is applied to Online Dynasty when the Dynasty is created. If you prefer to opt out of this filter, you can set the Dynasty to Private and the profanity check will not run.
Freezes/Crashes
  • A major focus for this Title Update was to address any freezes/crashes that were found. There were a number of these issues fixed in this Title Update including a crash that occurred when there were multiple TeamBuilder teams in an Online Dynasty, as well as a crash that occurred during the downloading of an Online Dynasty file.
Gameplay
  • Increased the acceleration of QB’s on Speed Option plays.
  • Improved WR blocking, especially on option plays
  • Fixed an issue where defenders assigned to play the curl to flat/buzz zone did not engage immediately when the QB scrambles past the LOS.
  • Fixed an issue where safeties with inside deep ¼ zone would drop back instead of read-and-react on run plays.
  • Fixed an issue in Nickel Cover 3 where the flat zone defender didn’t move as the QB was running at them.
  • Fixed an issue with Double Outs from 4-2-5 Normal where the RLB wasn’t blocked properly vs. certain formations.
Highlights
  • Fixed an issue that caused a blank photo to be uploaded leading to issues with other highlights being uploaded.
Dynasty
  • Fixed an issue in Online Dynasty where injured players did not remain injured when the week advanced.
  • Fixed an issue where a player’s injury time was only reduced by one week when going from Conference Championship week to Bowl Season. Players will now be back for their Bowl game if they should be off of the IR when their bowl game is played.
  • Fixed an issue where coaches that changed jobs could get stuck in a state where they were still listed as coaching at their old school on the Players Leaving screen, leading to a Transfer Failed issue.
  • Fixed an issue that occasionally prevented Dynasties from advancing to the post season.
  • Fixed an issue with the schedule that prevented entering the Virginia Tech vs. Boston College game (fixed for both Dynasty and RTG).
  • Fixed an issue where recruiting related trophies/achievements were not unlocked properly if you signed an extension in that season.
  • Fixed an issue with Program Stability where the grade would drop from A+ to D+ in one season.
  • Fixed an issue with the Unlock All Promises PDLC not unlocking properly on the Dynasty website.
  • When viewing an Online Dynasty invite, added information to show what type of job can be selected by default.
  • Fixed an issue when in the off-season where player stats did not match up between the web and console.
RTG
  • Fixed an issue where CB’s could not audible after earning the ability to do so through Coach Trust.
  • Fixed an issue where HB’s could not flip the play after earning the ability to do so through Coach Trust.
  • Fixed an issue where player’s online stats were not displaying promptly on the Online Leaderboards.

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 LionsFanNJ @ 08/02/11 08:06 PM
so bitching that there's no news and they won't patch it.....then hey have news and its "they rushed the patch" and "its taking to long to come out"

God i love the football game forums.

# 162 LionsFanNJ @ 08/02/11 08:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bukktown
What's the over/under on the number of "GAME PLAYED BETTER PREPATCH!!!!", "THE PATCH BROKE THE GAME", threads that are gonna be started during the weeks after the patch drops?
the same amount started before by the same people. thats a lock.

# 163 ODogg @ 08/02/11 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nccomicfan
Not fixing the roster glitch til the end of the month. Madden will be out then,so for my purposes, too late

Maybe next year it will be fixed when it ships
What does Madden have to do with it? NCAA and NFL are two very different products. Or did I miss something and there's a rule now that people are only allowed one football video game in their collection at one time?

# 164 Bumble14 @ 08/02/11 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blklightning
no tuning of super LBs, psychic DBs and the addition of intermediate passes? waste of a patch, to me. and it's all too late anyway since madden will already be out by then. time to unload this game while it's still got some value, i guess.
What do you guys not understand about the fact that EA is also releasing TUNER UPDATES that will fix these types of issues?

Patches are fixing issues that can not be addressed via a game tuner. I'm sure Ben will be back with another blog at some point in the coming weeks discussing the gameplay TUNING issues that will be addressed.

Can we please put an end to the replies complaining that this patch did not fix the deep ball, safety logic, or other GAMEPLAY TUNING related issues?

# 165 Buckeye Country @ 08/02/11 08:10 PM
EA don't forget about the game pausing for a few seconds after a long first down play, thats driving me nuts.

# 166 Bumble14 @ 08/02/11 08:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
What does Madden have to do with it? NCAA and NFL are two very different products. Or did I miss something and there's a rule now that people are only allowed one football video game in their collection at one time?
Come on ODogg--don't you know that NCAA is only good until the day Madden releases? After that date it explodes like one of those Mission Impossible discs. Where have you been?

# 167 TJM5054 @ 08/02/11 08:17 PM
so coaching carousel is broke for online dynastys? We are about to head to the offseason, is our dynasty going to be stuck or failed without this patch?

# 168 EdgeCrusher @ 08/02/11 08:18 PM
If they are patching how the safeties play the run in Cover 3, esp. the read and react in zone, why wouldn't they patch how the safeties play the pass in a Cover 2 zone? If they have to patch that in for helping the run, I don't think a tuner is going to help the AI defend deep routes. But here's hoping.

# 169 Vegas Vic @ 08/02/11 08:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler
I noticed they didn't address the scheduling bug in custom conferences. So even with all the other fixes, some teams will still play more conference games than they should.
Yes, that pretty much slams the door on custom conferences. You can't move any teams around, unless you want to see stuff like this happen:

# 170 jeremym480 @ 08/02/11 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJM5054
so coaching carousel is broke for online dynastys? We are about to head to the offseason, is our dynasty going to be stuck or failed without this patch?
We didn't have any trouble with CC or any offseason tasks in my OD.

# 171 Knight9299 @ 08/02/11 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagooch5150
I think people are coming out in cv2 and 3 and either pressing or alot or showing blitz, the deep ball is fine, guys just need to learn how to play defense.
I don't see the deep ball issue vs Cover 3. It's cover 2. I will not run cover 2 anymore because if a deep route is involved, 75% of the time my safety will let the receiver run right by him. I understand the weakness of cover 3, cover 2, and cover 4. I coached them. So telling me to learn how to play defense is laughable.

# 172 rudyjuly2 @ 08/02/11 08:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumble14
What do you guys not understand about the fact that EA is also releasing TUNER UPDATES that will fix these types of issues?

Patches are fixing issues that can not be addressed via a game tuner. I'm sure Ben will be back with another blog at some point in the coming weeks discussing the gameplay TUNING issues that will be addressed.

Can we please put an end to the replies complaining that this patch did not fix the deep ball, safety logic, or other GAMEPLAY TUNING related issues?
That's not a fair criticism at all. Patches can do a lot more than gameplay tuning and are supposed to be used to fix everything. You don't need a tuning file at all when you release a patch. The routine of releasing a patch at the same time as a tuner file was a waste of the tuning file feature last year. People are asking about problems they want fixed and the "catch all" phrase that it will be fixed later doesn't fly with me. Tuning files are best used between patches to clean up a few things imo.

# 173 PhillyPhanatic @ 08/02/11 08:32 PM
Well ill continue my Virginia dynasty until these come out and probably finish another few seasons to get 11 seasons done Its kinda ashame cause i put a ton of time into this and i really wanted to go for 25+ years with this one . When the patch drops ill probably start as OC for FIU or Marshall

# 174 Knight9299 @ 08/02/11 08:34 PM
Quote:

Did EA say this anywhere yet? Did I miss it? Because if it's as simple as tuner pack, why wouldn't EA just say, safety play on deep routes will be addressed in a tuner pack?

# 175 rudyjuly2 @ 08/02/11 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight9299
Did EA say this anywhere yet? Did I miss it? Because if it's as simple as tuner pack, why wouldn't EA just say, safety play in Cover 2 will be addressed in a tuner pack?
They have not said it anywhere nor is it necessary to use a tuning pack when releasing a patch. Patches are far more powerful and larger and can be used to fix almost anything. Tuning files are limited and were only designed by EA to get around having to release and pay for patches through MS and Sony.

EA started the tuning packs with their NHL series and that's where they are used best. From what I've read they release multiple tuning packs which are independent from each other and users can decide which pack to use based on their gameplay desires. The NCAA team hasn't gotten that sophisticated yet. Last year they seemed to use the tuning patch to address progression issues more than anything.

# 176 PLACT15 @ 08/02/11 08:43 PM
Is it going to be possible to edit player ratings in dynasty too along with height and weight?

# 177 rudyjuly2 @ 08/02/11 08:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLACT15
Is it going to be possible to edit player ratings in dynasty too along with height and weight?
Yes to everything I believe with this patch.

# 178 novadolla @ 08/02/11 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight9299
I don't see the deep ball issue vs Cover 3. It's cover 2. I will not run cover 2 anymore because if a deep route is involved, 75% of the time my safety will let the receiver run right by him. I understand the weakness of cover 3, cover 2, and cover 4. I coached them. So telling me to learn how to play defense is laughable.
nothing is wrong with how the safeties play in deep zone, you all need to learn how to play defense like the other guy said.

# 179 ODogg @ 08/02/11 08:47 PM
Quote:
Come on ODogg--don't you know that NCAA is only good until the day Madden releases? After that date it explodes like one of those Mission Impossible discs. Where have you been?
LOL, one would think that was the case! I've never understood this way of thinking at all. I hope I don't offend anyone but I've always viewed people that do that whole "just have NCAA until Madden is out" philosophy as not really being that big of football fans because the two sports are very, very different.

# 180 rudyjuly2 @ 08/02/11 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
LOL, one would think that was the case! I've never understood this way of thinking at all. I hope I don't offend anyone but I've always viewed people that do that whole "just have NCAA until Madden is out" philosophy as not really being that big of football fans because the two sports are very, very different.
I don't think that many people do it anyway. One of the EA guys said a couple years ago that the percentage of people that own both Madden and NCAA football is less than 10%. People that prefer the NFL will most likely buy Madden and people that prefer NCAA will get NCAA. A small percent will get and keep both.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.