Home
Madden 12 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Hilldog39 @ 08/03/11 02:30 PM
FINALLY some Eagles gameplay

# 2 Hunkerdown @ 08/03/11 02:38 PM
and Falcons gameplay!!

# 3 Sparkles @ 08/03/11 02:39 PM
Commentary is a lot better

# 4 BlackJackRabbit @ 08/03/11 02:54 PM
Hard to get a feel for the game-play when the people playing can't move the ball at all.

# 5 RedZoneD25 @ 08/03/11 02:54 PM
I tweeted Donny Moore, hopefully he puts Nnamdi as the #2 CB so he plays RCB like in real life.

# 6 MrChainsaw @ 08/03/11 02:57 PM
Presentation reminds me a lot of the EA NHL series, which is not a bad thing by any means. That introduction was pretty awesome.

# 7 stephenk24 @ 08/03/11 03:01 PM
It looks pretty good.... Although I would like to see a few games to see if the commentary specific to the players becomes super repetitive.. If so then I will turn it off like I usually do..

# 8 JayD @ 08/03/11 03:06 PM
not sure if this is the most up to date version of the game but it seems that QB quick snaps are a bit better than earlier videos I saw. Still would like to see a bit more variety in snap counts.

# 9 vstro @ 08/03/11 03:08 PM
Why is it so hard to get the kick animation lined up with the sound? I know it's not a big deal, it's just one of those things that amazes me they still haven't been able to figure out.

# 10 jpdavis82 @ 08/03/11 03:09 PM
The commentary on the Matt Ryan sack was pretty good, I hope to hear a lot more of that style of commentary this year.

# 11 ybtherockstar @ 08/03/11 03:10 PM
Great presentation and the commentary sounds more fresh to me. Whoever played with the eagles sucks lol. Hard to see how their weapons work if you can't complete a pass.

# 12 Wildcats302 @ 08/03/11 03:27 PM
1. The guy playing with the Eagles...what's he doing on defense? He looks so awkward playing defense. What NFL player runs backwards with his back to the play at every snap covering nothing but air? Laughable.
2. The guy playing with the Eagles...once again, what is he doing on offense? On the first play where he went deep I'm pretty sure Jackson was streaking open over the middle, but he threw that silly bomb deep. The other two plays were pretty poor as well as far as decision making and execution.
3. The game looks better and commentary is better. I am probably going to give in and buy Madden this year. It looks good.

# 13 at23steelers @ 08/03/11 03:44 PM
Overall, the commentary and atmosphere in this game are DRASTICALLY better than Madden 11 and even NCAA 12. In NCAA 12, you just don't feel any immersion in the game whatsoever: the crowd is quiet, the commentary lacks energy, and while the team intros are compelling that don't pump you up or have a lasting appeal, since it seems so cut up (team-specific, then crowd cheering, then commentary on player to watch). It just doesn't come together like Madden does so well here. A few specific things I took notice of:

- I think I heard the "homefield advantage intro" before, so I hope it doesn't turn out to be as repetitive as the generic QB intro.

- The QB intros for Matt Ryan and Mike Vick seemed too short. Gus talked for maybe half of the air time that they showed the QB player stats, which look fantastic. I also really like where they placed the scoreboard.

- There was no player to watch on the Falcons Defense. I am hoping like in franchise mode and there is no player recorded, there could be different segments of hot and cold players to watch.

- Hard to judge the gameplay, as the one guy wasn't very good.

- The pregame announcer does an incredible job in adding to the excitement and energy!!

- As I said before, the crowd and commentary are sooo much improved. I just can't say enough how much that adds to a game. It makes you want to keep playing, whereas IMO of NCAA 12, I get turned off because no matter what I do, the crowd doesn't get excited, the commentary doesn't get excited, so it starts to feel bland even with all the gameplay improvements. It's ashame I know.

# 14 CajunPunk @ 08/03/11 03:50 PM
Looks/sounds so much better than last year, but my question is this:

If a player, like Matt Ryan, gets traded or signed to another team, does the announcer introduce him the same with the new team?

Are the introductions attached to that player? If so, that's cool, I was just thinking it would be weird to have a pregame intro where Matt Ryan runs out of the inflatable helmet without an announcement simply because he plays for another team.

# 15 vstro @ 08/03/11 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunPunk

If a player, like Matt Ryan, gets traded or signed to another team, does the announcer introduce him the same with the new team?

Are the introductions attached to that player? If so, that's cool, I was just thinking it would be weird to have a pregame intro where Matt Ryan runs out of the inflatable helmet without an announcement simply because he plays for another team.
I was wondering the same thing...

# 16 PanthersFanboy @ 08/03/11 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elements
and Vick plays like a doucher!
You can't blame Vick for that because the Eagles where human controlled.

# 17 jpdavis82 @ 08/03/11 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunPunk

I'm not sure but I did notice how they talked about Nnamdi as the player to watch on the Eagles Defense and not Asante or Cole.

# 18 ultralow36 @ 08/03/11 04:09 PM
Not the best players i see......but on the plus side game looks good and will pick up to go with ncaa 12

# 19 bxgoods @ 08/03/11 04:12 PM
Look good, one thing I noticed is the commentary sounded better.

# 20 PGaither84 @ 08/03/11 04:14 PM
I look forward to Madden 13's commentary. At least according to Phil, before he left, he said that Visual presentation was a focus this year and that audio was a focus for next.

In the video, I would rather hear Gus Johnson give a brief intro to the game and then "pitch it down" to the player introductions. After that he should come back in and ask Chris about the keys to the game and so forth. The way it is now still feel wrong.

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.