Home
NHL 12 News Post

EA Sports has posted an NHL 12 blog discussing the presentation of the game, written by Presentation Producer, Ben Ross.

Quote:
One of the first changes you’ll notice is the Presentation Flow and that the player’s being focused on and selection of replays being featured is much better. A lot of work went into ensuring that if a user is thinking, “Wow, what a save!” that the replay of that scoring chance will be the one shown during the next stoppage and not just a random play that didn’t have a big impact in that sequence of gameplay.

Game: NHL 12Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 26 - View All
NHL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Vikes1 @ 08/05/11 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boilermakernet08

I'm hoping that in Be a GM the presentation includes overlays representing stats from the 'story' of your season rather than the 'story' of that single game. Maybe I'm just jumping the gun here, who knows. One thing that makes Be a GM get stale so quickly is the fact that you barely know you're playing in a season. It simply feels like you're playing a string of games that have no relation whatsoever. Simple stat overlays that show things like standings, top goal scorers/point leaders and other match-ups that are going on in your dynasty would go a long, long way in making the experience more immersive. If EA could do that, I may actually be able to make it through a full 82 game season.
Like, like, and really like. I clicked the "Like" thingy ten times...but my name only showed up once.

Agree 100% Boiler. It'd be great if the in game presentation included keeping you in touch with the season your playing as well. And not just simply the game at hand. Your so right...the GM season does feel like just a long dragged out series of games. Rather than actually being apart of a league/division.

Other games are proving it can be done. Why not my favorite sports game?....NHL.

# 22 Lightbringer719 @ 08/05/11 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
Like, like, and really like. I clicked the "Like" thingy ten times...but my name only showed up once.

Agree 100% Boiler. It'd be great if the in game presentation included keeping you in touch with the season your playing as well. And not just simply the game at hand. Your so right...the GM season does feel like just a long dragged out series of games. Rather than actually being apart of a league/division.

Other games are proving it can be done. Why not my favorite sports game?....NHL.
Like I've established before, intermissions can be of certain uses for BeAGM if done right, and not just the stale coaching advice and menu screen thrown at you.

# 23 MizzouRah @ 08/05/11 10:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1

I know NFL 2k5 is talked about still to this day.. I REALLY wish we had a weekly roundup of NHL games going on in your BeAGM universe.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.