Home
Madden 12 News Post

ESPN The Gamer has posted the Madden NFL 12 player ratings for the Baltimore Ravens and Cincinnati Bengals.

Are there any changes you would like to see, or are they just about right?

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 OneWhitePanda @ 08/05/11 06:10 AM
Losing Joseph and Palmer is gonna make them even worse... :s

# 2 will12203 @ 08/05/11 07:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWhitePanda
Losing Joseph and Palmer is gonna make them even worse... :s

and Ocho Cinco.....

# 3 LBzrule @ 08/05/11 08:00 AM
Arthur Jones should receive a big increase from where he is currently at 55 overall. He has unseated Corey Redding and is now running with the first team defense

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/spor...m_defense.html

I still think Marshal Yanda's gets underrated.

Other than that these look pretty good.

# 4 rich7sena @ 08/05/11 08:02 AM
I think they are giving Flacco too much credit for mobility.

# 5 LBzrule @ 08/05/11 08:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdoug312
Neat to see that the only thing lacking with Jimmy is his AWR. That sad, I pretty much lost my offense

Spoiler

Spoiler
FB does not matter. They always seem to still either block no one, get overpowered or whiff. I thought Torrey Smith would be a bit faster but 92 is ok.

# 6 Alter Eg0 @ 08/05/11 10:15 AM
Josh Wilson - the Skins are going to have some nice CB. I guess the whole secondary will be good.

# 7 TheBrothers24 @ 08/05/11 10:58 AM
Wow if you can find a way to control rice and the running game then you have a good chance to beat BAL this year on Madden because they only have 1 threat in the Receiving game and that's Boldin. Double him and watch the dump offs to Rice.

# 8 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 08/05/11 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
FB does not matter. They always seem to still either block no one, get overpowered or whiff. I thought Torrey Smith would be a bit faster but 92 is ok.
I haven't tried playing with a bad fullback, but in Madden 11, I have a great fullback and the dude gets out and makes blocks on almost every play. I always hot route him into blocking towards the inside (if I'm looking to push outside), or hot route him into blocking towards the outside (if I'm looking to bang it in the middle), or if I think a LB is going to come from the inside I'll hot route him to block towards the middle too. It doesn't change the look of his actual blocking route, but I swear it seems to make a world of difference. I've been playing with a cast and forgot to hot route and couldn't run at all, and then the last two games I did and averaged over 8 yards per carry.

# 9 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 08/05/11 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Arthur Jones should receive a big increase from where he is currently at 55 overall. He has unseated Corey Redding and is now running with the first team defense

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/spor...m_defense.html

I still think Marshal Yanda's gets underrated.

Other than that these look pretty good.
Well if this is the case, then James Hardy should be bumped up too because I hear he is the #2 WR right now.

# 10 JayD @ 08/05/11 11:53 AM
wow the Bengals are going to be outright bad once the release day roster is released and they lose Chad and Carson.

# 11 LBzrule @ 08/05/11 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrothers24
Wow if you can find a way to control rice and the running game then you have a good chance to beat BAL this year on Madden because they only have 1 threat in the Receiving game and that's Boldin. Double him and watch the dump offs to Rice.
Hopefully we will be signing Malcolm Floyd today or tomorrow. Keeping fingers crossed. There is a chance we bring Mason back too if he does not sign with the Jets.

# 12 LBzrule @ 08/05/11 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
Well if this is the case, then James Hardy should be bumped up too because I hear he is the #2 WR right now.
Yeah he is, but that's not because he's fighting with someone for the job. He's a vet and all we have are rookies outside of Boldin. He didn't beat anybody for that spot. He got placed there because he is a vet. Jones put in work and thus far looks better than Redding.

# 13 illwill10 @ 08/05/11 12:24 PM
Depending on Tyrod Taylor POT, I might look his way when he hits the market. 87 Speed, 91 ACC, and 92 THP. If he has B POT I might think about signing him as a backup. If he has C or lower, I will sign him and change him to WR.

# 14 bmj2k7 @ 08/05/11 12:53 PM
Lots of Ravens fans and Bengals fans going to be playing with the default roster this year. Ravens lost Heap to the Cards, Mason might soon be a Jet, Bulger retired so they have no real backup, and they cut some other lineman as well. Bengals traded Ocho, Palmer retired and Joseph is gone, atleast they did sign gradkoski as a qb, and Benson only got a 1 year deal

# 15 yanknicks @ 08/05/11 12:59 PM
Tyrod Taylor all i gotta say. Madden lg is going down!!

# 16 godinme3 @ 08/05/11 01:16 PM
IDK but The Bengals seem to have a bunch of linebackers that dont seem 2 fit the 4-3 scheme that they run IMO....for ex; Dontay Moch, is he a 3-4 OLB or a 4-3 DE same thing with Michael Johnson & the new FA they brought in with Manny Lawson; also they brought in FA OLB (4-3 scheme) Thomas Howard(????) from the Raiders....so im wondering if they are trying to stack up personnel to try to incorporate the 3-4 scheme for next year or what....i dont get it....its gonna be confusing for anyone planning to start a franchise wit tha BENGALS....but i do kno one thing they're going 2 have alotta speed at LB position with DONTAY MOCH (91 SPEED) ; MICHAEL JOHNSON (86 SPD) ; MANNY LAWSON (90 SPD) ; THOMAS HOWARD (87+ SPD) and not to mention KEITH RIVERS (87 SPD)....so they have some wealth at LB position...could be trade bait to help rebuild help for other positions. Wat do u think?

# 17 HarkTheSound @ 08/05/11 01:20 PM
I can't wait to play with the Bengals this year in Madden. Gonna be fun building them up from the catastrophe that they currently are....

As for the real life Bengals, well, I just hope we don't go 0-16...

# 18 godinme3 @ 08/05/11 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter77733
I was thinking the same thing but here's my plan for the Bengals. Start Lawson and Rivers at OLB with Rey in the middle and Jones backing him up. I'm going to move Johnson to DE and see what his rating jumps up to. He'll most likely be my starter opposite Dunlap. Secondary will take a hit by losing Joseph but Clements should hopefully be at least an 80 and it wont be too bad.

Offensively, dont care about losing Chad Johnson because I prefer to build around Green, Gresham and those young guys. QB is the main concern. I really wish Palmer would come back. Oh well.
Yea i think you prolly run multiple defensive sets/schemes wit their defense....so i cant wait 2 play with them & see wat i can do with them. AJ Green & Gresham are def gonna be targets 2 throw to often. QB position is shaky tho....

# 19 TheBrothers24 @ 08/05/11 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdoug312
I thought the same at first. But, we still have a receiving core -- this just goes back to the whole "look at the attributes, not the ovr" mantra. I don't know about you, but I know Torrey Smith and Ed Dickson will most definitely be catching alot of touchdown passes for me. Plus, you have to remember that defense is going to matter this year. DPP,roles, and all that means that Ed Reed will be giving the ball to our offense alot.
As for the off, Smith and Dickson will be a lot easier to cover than Mason and Heap. Smith is faster but not the rt. runner or possession WR Mason was. Dickson with some development could potentially be as good of a target that Heap was.

No doubt your D will be stacked again but the O won't be as powerful as it was last year, which gives teams a chance at keeping the score low and seeing what happens at the end.

Still a tough team to beat but not as tough as last year. Now if you guys sign Malcom Floyd then I retract my previous comments lol

# 20 seriousluboy83 @ 08/05/11 04:47 PM
i'm sorry but for flacco to be a 88...two points away from 90...the ravens haven't exactly let him run the show...now maybe that's because of the offensive coordinator or the head coaches call but either way he still isn't the commander of the offense yet...not saying flacco isn't a good qb but i think 88 is a bit too high

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.