Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

In looking over the NBA 2K12 details from Gamestop, it looks like we'll see over 1,000 new animations and building off of NBA Today, more graphical details with dynamic updates.

Quote:
With over 5 million copies sold worldwide and over 20 Sports Game of Year awards, last year NBA 2K11 allowed you to BECOME THE GREATEST with MJ & the Jordan Challenge mode. This year the NBA 2K franchise is back and bigger than ever, providing fans with the opportunity they've always dreamed of - to finally END THE DEBATE as to who are the best teams and players of all time with the ALL-NEW NBA's Greatest mode. Featuring 15 legendary players such as Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, and Dr. J, NBA's Greatest let you relive some of NBA's most celebrated careers and rivalries, painstakingly recreated in historical detail. In addition, several innovative gameplay features have been added putting fans center court of an unprecedented basketball experience.
NBA 2K12 will ship with one of the three following cover athlete's images: Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, Larry Bird. Cover will be chosen at random as the game ships.
  • NBA's Greatest - Experience 15 of the NBA's most celebrated careers and rivalries, painstakingly recreated in historic detail. Featuring such legends as Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, Dr. J, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and more.
  • Most Accurate NBA 2K Game Ever - Building off NBA Today's real-time stats, rosters, schedules and ratings, NBA 2K12 now delivers the most visually accurate NBA game as well. From shoes to player models and even court floors - every graphic detail of the game can now be dynamically updated. Broadcast style gets a boost as well with player interstitials promoting their upcoming games and dynamic pre-game highlight reels set to 2K Beats music.
  • Enhanced Gameplay - NBA 2K12 adds +1,000 new animations this year and delivers all-new control mechanics for post play and ball control to make the game more intuitive to play than ever before.
  • MORE MAJOR FEATURES TO BE ANNOUNCED LATER

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 STARKILLERCODY @ 08/07/11 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
All that is great, but if they have failed to remove or reduce suction I'll be highly disappointed.
Yeah. That was the main thing I was complaining about. It would also be great if you could actually play a pick-up game without the lag and the connection being dropped every minute. Just think: No suction in a basketball game?? I can only dream.

# 62 Shinyhubcaps @ 08/07/11 11:36 PM
So I'm gonna bring up something here that is my biggest concern IF there is an NBA season (especially if we get a shortened season):

How will the NBA Today updates affect those who have rosters on file?

That is, like in last year's game, there were various sets of rosters people made. Some were based off the out-of-the-box roster, which had Allen Iverson but not (insert name of rookie with a cyberface). Then, an NBA Today update locked Iverson and unlocked the rookie. So now I'm playing my roster, and I have a CAP rookie instead of 2K's with the cyberface.

Now imagine this with the tattoos and hairstyles, not to mentioned courts or anything else. I'm confident I can edit the shoes to look good, as long as we can still edit the generics. But will I have to redo my ratings (cause you know the ratings aren't going to be perfect) and signature styles and replacing generic shoes based on the new rosters every couple of weeks?

Locking and unlocking players with injury too... it's some of that hard-code data that makes me wish we could download updates independently of downloading a whole new roster.

# 63 VDusen04 @ 08/07/11 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinyhubcaps
So I'm gonna bring up something here that is my biggest concern IF there is an NBA season (especially if we get a shortened season):

How will the NBA Today updates affect those who have rosters on file?

That is, like in last year's game, there were various sets of rosters people made. Some were based off the out-of-the-box roster, which had Allen Iverson but not (insert name of rookie with a cyberface). Then, an NBA Today update locked Iverson and unlocked the rookie. So now I'm playing my roster, and I have a CAP rookie instead of 2K's with the cyberface.

Now imagine this with the tattoos and hairstyles, not to mentioned courts or anything else. I'm confident I can edit the shoes to look good, as long as we can still edit the generics. But will I have to redo my ratings (cause you know the ratings aren't going to be perfect) and signature styles and replacing generic shoes based on the new rosters every couple of weeks?

Locking and unlocking players with injury too... it's some of that hard-code data that makes me wish we could download updates independently of downloading a whole new roster.
Man, I'm with you 100% there. I don't know if I've brought it up because maybe I just didn't think it was possible to fix. I am not a big fan of having to decide between providing the correct shoes and accessories for all players and then just manually updating throughout the year or downloading 2K roster updates and losing all my work and settling for a large portion of players wearing generic shoes.

# 64 jxzcvk @ 08/08/11 12:20 AM
now we're talking!

# 65 BRxSKINSx @ 08/08/11 07:42 AM
Hey, this is gonna be great....IF their will be a NBA season.....What if the lockout ends and a high percentage of players come back outta shape.....i.e. Shawn Kemp and Vin Baker......will 2k make (insert player name here) fat if he comes in overweight....?

# 66 KyotoCarl @ 08/08/11 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRxSKINSx
Hey, this is gonna be great....IF their will be a NBA season.....What if the lockout ends and a high percentage of players come back outta shape.....i.e. Shawn Kemp and Vin Baker......will 2k make (insert player name here) fat if he comes in overweight....?
Every Graphical Detail To Be Dynamically Updated - Doesn't that basically give you your answer?

# 67 HighRiser32 @ 08/08/11 10:07 AM
yea easy to say hard to do, or should I say easy to say easy to do with the lockout. What are they 1.5 billion off a salary cut. Would love to see DWill in some Turkish lady tatoo though lol.

# 68 kolanji @ 08/08/11 11:24 AM
new added animations are always welcoming to hear of but i am more concern about how many they removed? here's to hoping that they removed the fall down turnover animation in the paint......

# 69 HighRiser32 @ 08/08/11 11:48 AM
new ball control sounds interesting can't wait to see what they do . hopefully they fix charging in the paint as far as animations go, still excited

# 70 KyotoCarl @ 08/08/11 04:48 PM
There's 10 weeks until release and ten legenda to be revealed

# 71 SouthBeach @ 08/08/11 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
There's 10 weeks until release and ten legenda to be revealed
Ay dios mio.

# 72 VDusen04 @ 08/08/11 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthBeach
Ay dios mio.
I guess you could say 2K's got a. . .hidden legenda?

GIFSoup

# 73 KyotoCarl @ 08/08/11 06:33 PM
I wrote in spanish by mistake

# 74 youvalss @ 08/08/11 06:49 PM
Maybe Da Czar is planning on making "10 legends in 10 weeks" videos?

# 75 Da_Czar @ 08/08/11 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
Maybe Da Czar is planning on making "10 legends in 10 weeks" videos?
Nah. Good idea though !

# 76 TGraen23 @ 08/08/11 08:04 PM
Has anyone ever tried the sliders by makeufamous? That guy did an amazing job of eliminating some suction from the game. Highly recommend you watch his youtube vids and try his sliders.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

# 77 Pared @ 08/09/11 10:36 AM
Quote:
NBA 2K12 Adds Over 1,000 Animations, Every Graphical Detail To Be Dynamically Updated
1st response:

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
All that is great, but if they have failed to remove or reduce suction I'll be highly disappointed.
Ahh OS. You never fail to disappoint.

# 78 Mr_Riddick @ 08/09/11 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
1st response:

Ahh OS. You never fail to disappoint.
-

# 79 afridgetofar @ 08/09/11 12:47 PM
You can't keep throwing animations at the game. It's like trying to build a neural network with strictly if-else statements. There are mathematical solutions available.. It would take the game to the next level and quite frankly the playability of Team Play is deteriorating rapidly from the massive amounts of disgustingly elaborate and/or inappropriate animations.

# 80 Mr_Riddick @ 08/09/11 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by afridgetofar
You can't keep throwing animations at the game. It's like trying to build a neural network with strictly if-else statements. There are mathematical solutions available.. It would take the game to the next level and quite frankly the playability of Team Play is deteriorating rapidly from the massive amounts of disgustingly elaborate and/or inappropriate animations.
Understood. But you got to give credit when it's due. There using a more physics-based engine this year. Therefore adding to an already solid animation system.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.