Home
Fight Night Champion News Post

The Fight Night Champion developer team has posted some details on a new tuner set. They also mention there are no patches scheduled and future DLC is very unlikely.

Quote:
The Dev Team is currently working on another Tuner Set with the goal of primarily addressing the following issues:

1. Lack of damage (cuts, swelling, etc)
2. CPU boxer stamina in offline matches
3. Judges scoring logic
4. Block effectiveness

For those who have been asking, future DLC is highly unlikely in terms of new boxers, venues, modes, etc.

In addition, no further patches are planned at this time.

Game: Fight Night ChampionReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 17 - View All
Fight Night Champion Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Complex @ 08/08/11 07:46 PM
So no more until the next release?

# 2 brrmikey @ 08/08/11 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomant94
I'm glad that they trying to fix these problems, but they are missing the cab cut/swelling glitch in career mode
doesn't the cab cut/swelling (lack thereof) exist in offline matches too? just wondering because i downloaded some online created boxers and i'm pulling out my hair because i can't seem to find a setting that makes them have cuts / swelling when appropriate. i play only offline.

# 3 veguss2001 @ 08/09/11 01:05 AM
My game stutters a lot in offline matches. It happened after the last patch. I hope it gets fixed somehow after this. Not likely though. Might have to put this up on the trading block. F@cking EA.

# 4 manrae @ 08/09/11 10:28 AM
I've already traded this game back in, it only lasted 2 weeks and countless hours trying to work around EA's incompetence, but no, it's impossible given that we're at their mercy of the tuner settings and lack of effective user fine tuning and lack there of...

It's pathetic. But that's been their MO so...carry on

# 5 Money99 @ 08/09/11 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex
So no more until the next release?
I have a feeling the FN devs get split up to work on other projects during the 1-year-layoff that FN is scheduled for.

That's why I doubt we see any updates after this one.

# 6 ajns @ 08/09/11 02:15 PM
So, one last try with offline since it seems they are addressing the things that were either broken originally or became broken when they fixed online play. I haven't picked up Fight Night in 2 months. I've been enjoying GT5. I'll give it another try when the tuner drops and we'll see if offline is worth it without massive amounts of slider work. *fingers crossed* Otherwise, it's wait for the next version, which sadly will probably be my last if it is mangled as this effort was.

I had extremely high hopes when KOK morphed into Fight Night. They were on the right track, but it seems that the track was a lot longer than anyone expected. It's been 7 years since they brought KOK into the 21st century and started really making it more simulation than button mashing fighter. I thought by now it would have been more mature. Perhaps this is owing to the changing development teams and their different visions for what this game should be. Perhaps it is the limitation of programming or the hardware (This is something I know little about and I can't speak to when it comes to how much this hampers delivering a realistic boxing environment and fighters that behave realistically within that environment.) Or, perhaps there just isn't enough interest in the kind of game I am looking for despite what seems to be the case with the posts we see here on OS. Maybe OS has become an echo chamber for a very specific type of fight fan that sees FN as something different than the general buying public is willing to fork over cash for. I hope for our sakes that is not the case or that different versions of the game can be produced to satisfy the differing camps. Time will tell, I suppose.

# 7 jethrotull @ 08/09/11 05:12 PM
Oh well why am I surprised, so offline on PS3 is still broken. So no Legacy mode patch? Does anyone know if FNR 4 is a good game and if so does it work offline with the CAB's?

# 8 DaveDQ @ 08/12/11 02:32 PM
It's not a decision on their behalf. EA never does more than 2 for a game.

# 9 DaveDQ @ 08/13/11 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdoug312
They did 3 with Madden 11...God knows they needed to too.
I must be mistaken then. However, it's my understanding patches cost money for the developer. For a lower selling title like FNC, I don't see it happening. Not to mention they said themselves.

# 10 ultralow36 @ 08/14/11 09:28 PM
first 2 patches are free after that m$ and sony charge...

# 11 CurryStorm @ 08/18/11 01:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultralow36
first 2 patches are free after that m$ and sony charge...
Yeah, that's what I heard.

I just hope someone makes a good boxing game with an insanely in-depth career mode before I die...

# 12 AleBon21 @ 08/18/11 08:59 AM
They posted about the tuner some time ago , but We stil have not seen
a tuner , why is it taking so long.

They say they will address the Damage issue , I hope so but for now I hope
people will still sign the online petition.

more details could be found at the , ea sports fight night champion forum.

Thanks.

# 13 acts238shaun @ 08/20/11 12:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
I have a feeling the FN devs get split up to work on other projects during the 1-year-layoff that FN is scheduled for.

That's why I doubt we see any updates after this one.
Yeah, I believe Jazz Brousseau works on NHL

# 14 acts238shaun @ 08/20/11 12:42 AM
There were three patches for FNR4

# 15 threattonature @ 08/24/11 09:59 PM
I just hope they do something about CPU stamina. The last patch/tuner completely broke career mode in my opinion. If a fight lasts past 4 or 5 rounds the computer is dead tired and easy to knock out.

# 16 Money99 @ 08/31/11 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by threattonature
I just hope they do something about CPU stamina. The last patch/tuner completely broke career mode in my opinion. If a fight lasts past 4 or 5 rounds the computer is dead tired and easy to knock out.
It's not the stamina, it's the fact that the CPU is dumb.
EA forgot to program the CPU so it knows it has less stamina. They throw dozens of punches thinking they'll have plenty of wind by the 10th round.

It's so disappointing. I would consider boxing games to be my favorite of all the sports games and I didn't even buy FNC.

FNRd4 had such a great foundation to work off of.
But FNC has been a giant cluster-bleep. The patches fix one thing and break 3 others.
You can't import CAB's without something breaking.
The Legacy Mode is so shallow and useless it's a wonder they even have it in there.

And we're a whole 18 months away from FNC2. Boxing fans are SOL.

# 17 fistofrage @ 08/31/11 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
It's not the stamina, it's the fact that the CPU is dumb.
EA forgot to program the CPU so it knows it has less stamina. They throw dozens of punches thinking they'll have plenty of wind by the 10th round.

It's so disappointing. I would consider boxing games to be my favorite of all the sports games and I didn't even buy FNC.

FNRd4 had such a great foundation to work off of.
But FNC has been a giant cluster-bleep. The patches fix one thing and break 3 others.
You can't import CAB's without something breaking.
The Legacy Mode is so shallow and useless it's a wonder they even have it in there.

And we're a whole 18 months away from FNC2. Boxing fans are SOL.
I doubt there will be a FNC2 and if there is, noone I know will be buying it until the final patch/Looney tuner is out. Everyone who bought this game was duped hardcore. Remember all the "authentic brutality" videos? Judges scoring is all frogged up as well as its way to easy to get up 4 times every time. Throw in the AI stamina issue. I could literally hand off the controller to a toddler and it would be impossible for them to lose on GOAT.

# 18 Money99 @ 08/31/11 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
I doubt there will be a FNC2 and if there is, noone I know will be buying it until the final patch/Looney tuner is out. Everyone who bought this game was duped hardcore. Remember all the "authentic brutality" videos? Judges scoring is all frogged up as well as its way to easy to get up 4 times every time. Throw in the AI stamina issue. I could literally hand off the controller to a toddler and it would be impossible for them to lose on GOAT.
I hope there's going to be another game in 2013.
I still can't believe what a nose-dive this series took from the first to this game.
So much potential.

I won't buy the next one (if there is one) unless the Legacy Mode is as deep as My Player in NBA2K11 mixed with a heaping of the Title Fight sim.

# 19 TarHeelPhenom @ 09/01/11 02:45 PM
I'm not buying another boxing game until they implement a feature similar what UFC has...where you can put together your own Pay-Per-View cards and fight for titles outside of Career Mode. That way if career mode is as vanilla as ice cream then at least me and my friends can do our own thing on an offline pay-per-view event.

This game had so much potential yet was so disappointing on so many levels. The Gym feature could have been something very special that people would propably still be using right now had it be implemented correctly. But, in true typical EA fashion they just throw it in there...no ability to adjust sliders...a Steroid feature where you can purchase point packs to boost your boxer if you choose rather than train and fight to get better.

# 20 Money99 @ 09/02/11 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
I'm not buying another boxing game until they implement a feature similar what UFC has...where you can put together your own Pay-Per-View cards and fight for titles outside of Career Mode. That way if career mode is as vanilla as ice cream then at least me and my friends can do our own thing on an offline pay-per-view event.

This game had so much potential yet was so disappointing on so many levels. The Gym feature could have been something very special that people would propably still be using right now had it be implemented correctly. But, in true typical EA fashion they just throw it in there...no ability to adjust sliders...a Steroid feature where you can purchase point packs to boost your boxer if you choose rather than train and fight to get better.
You know what would be interesting? If they created two online leagues; purchased and trained.
That way all the people that bought their power-ups could face each other while those who don't want to spend the cash can face those like them.
Keep them separated.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.