Home
Madden 12 News Post

The Madden NFL 12 demo is available now. Please play a few games and post your impressions here. For now, just search under "M" in the demos section or games section. It weights in at 1.53 GB.

UPDATE: The PS3 demo is available now.

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 WildeCane @ 08/09/11 09:27 AM
After rushing for a td, a way too speedy aaron rodgers did his championship belt celbration. Thought that was pretty cool. Also after i missed a long field goal there was this weird camera angle. Devin hester started to return the short kick and all of a sudden the camera switched and i had 7 guys in his face...

# 62 TMJOHNS18 @ 08/09/11 09:28 AM
Really enjoying the presentation and new kicking system. Wish they would just get rid of the classic view because kicking is actually going to be something you have to at least give some effort in this year.

Interceptions seem easy, not done with the 4th and Tillman has 3 picks and Wright has another. Camera is a bit far out on offense and replays are short.

Can't wait till retail! Favorite play so far was me blitzing Urlacher off the side and even though I didn't get to Rodgers he when Peppers nailed Rodgers Urlacher led with his shoulder to ensure the sack when they were half way to the ground.

Oh, and MADDEN's grass destroys NCAA's grass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

# 63 DGuinta1 @ 08/09/11 09:29 AM
I enjoyed playing my first game as the Bears. Always go with the underdog first. Pretty stout if they play their game of ball.

Kicking is tough and a well added/needed addition.

# 64 The 24th Letter @ 08/09/11 09:30 AM
Hopefully its not b/c im playing on default....but it seems like pass rushing is back...got 2 sacks my first game...

# 65 at23steelers @ 08/09/11 09:34 AM
- I like the conservative / aggressive gameplan options
- The new camera I had to get used to. It's higher than it was before; not sure if this is different in every stadium
- The crowd needs to be louder
- WR engaged with defender instead of trying to catch the ball.
- A lot of drops / fumbles due to huge hits.
- New cut scenes / stat overlays are awesome!!
- Graphics are decent.
- Rodgers was too fast in the open field
- Replays cut off start of plays
- Strategy pad is still annoying to use!! NCAA much better in this respect.
- Pass Trajectory seems improved
- Cutler started rushing his throws after getting pressure on him

Overall, definitely has a much different feel than NCAA IMO. You feel more connected to the game and much better presentation / graphics. It said I got 3 madden cards you can use in retail game at the end or something; I assume it's from calling a hot route.

# 66 IStillDoWhatIDo @ 08/09/11 09:34 AM
Played a half before work as the Bears, on whatever the default settings are.

Highlight: Stiff ARM is BACK!!!!
Lowlight: "It's Madden." If you like Madden, it should be fine, if not, don't buy it. We've all been through this. Madden is the same each year, just hopefully with less BS than the prior year.

Impressions:
-presentation is par. Picky, but the cars driving on the street outside of soldier field looked cheesey. All the same size; like little toy tracks. The stadium view is ok, but it doesn't get me off as it appears to for some of you.
-the game is awkward without commentary.
-game speed is fast, boarder line arcade. Players get huge gains quickly and animations cover long distances.
-I had great success running the football with Matt forte
-I had two LB interceptions when I went into zone, by the same player on consecutive drives.
-I liked the fact that defensive players didn't drop obvious interceptions, as they do constantly on today's Madden.

I didn't see anything glaringly horrible or great. I've already bought the game. I'm a sucker for $20 off deals

I just wanna say though, that Aaron Rogers and jay cutler are probably the 3rd and 4th fastest QBs in real life, of those who play. Vick, Young, Rogers, Cutler, and McCoy. Not counting cam, and tebow. They're fast because the overall game speed is too fast.
-

# 67 Inapprope @ 08/09/11 09:36 AM
Haven't played Madden since the winter after 10 came out and was only able to squeeze in a half before work. The game feels significantly different, for the better. Also, I seem to remember 5% of the controls. I love the tackling as that was my biggest gripe with 10. I made a nice seam pass for what seemed like the first time ever. I'm excited to get home and put more time in on it so I can get back in the groove before the full game comes out.

# 68 Goffs @ 08/09/11 09:41 AM
I assume that this is a new tackling system? It's done real well...it doesn't feel canned to me...

the lighting is beautiful...makes me wish that they would bring this to the pc

# 69 poisedjase @ 08/09/11 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpac55
Am I supposed to not have any commentary?
no commentary in madden 12 demo not sure what the reason but they had some reason dont remember

# 70 DGuinta1 @ 08/09/11 09:50 AM
Visually only gripe is the sidelines but can't have it all. Next next gen, right?

# 71 Playmakers @ 08/09/11 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inapprope
Haven't played Madden since the winter after 10 came out and was only able to squeeze in a half before work. The game feels significantly different, for the better. Also, I seem to remember 5% of the controls. I love the tackling as that was my biggest gripe with 10. I made a nice seam pass for what seemed like the first time ever. I'm excited to get home and put more time in on it so I can get back in the groove before the full game comes out.
You do realize it took me like 5 seconds to switch the game speed to slow and drop the player speed threshold....i really don't see how anyone can complain about the speed unless they simply just refuse to tweak the slider in the DEMO.

But anyways i played about 2 games tweaked the sliders + Game speed and i must say this game has great potential in the gameplay aspects on the field.

Watching Rogers take off and run a few times just got me really excited about creating Randall Cunningham and Steve Young this year on my roster file.......

I can already tell this game is better than NCAA 12 IMO out of the box....the DB's aren't brain dead and sliders have a much bigger IMPACT in gameplay as opposed to the Sliders in NCAA 12

Speed guys can dominate but not anywhere near like it was in Madden 11...this year the defense really does pursue much better and big plays can be held in check.

I can see with tweaked sliders already this game can offer some really good defensive battles which wasn't always the case last year. I'm not a fan of the Packers or Bears so that will be the only reason i'm not going to play a lot more of the demo LOL!

The animations are sick once you slow down the game....the presentation was ok maybe there's much more in the final version....but overall i'm more excited with tweaking gameplay and using the new player roles on old school classic players this year.

# 72 Dewiel @ 08/09/11 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpac55
Am I supposed to not have any commentary?
Yea, there's no commentary because of the demo size limitations. We wanted to get the new presentation aspects in there for you guys to see.

# 73 DGuinta1 @ 08/09/11 09:57 AM
The blimp cam started at a different spot the second game. Something minimal that I noticed.

# 74 Bootzilla @ 08/09/11 10:01 AM
A few more observations

You can switch to old way of calling audibles, you don't have to use strat pad method.

Hopefully QB running is toned down in retail version.

Still need better blocking on punt returns. Especially the cpu. I have no fear of punting to Hester at all. I can actually get some okay returns (8-12 yards) but that's it.

You can certainly tell the difference between average and above average players, i.e. Greg Jennings is good (fights for the ball, hangs on in traffic), Jordy Nelson pretty much blows.

As long as there are no major bugs, freezes, etc this looks like it will be a very good year. Seems most issues of mine can be fixed with some minor slider tweaks.

# 75 DGuinta1 @ 08/09/11 10:04 AM
Is the football finally the right size?

# 76 DGuinta1 @ 08/09/11 10:09 AM
A lot of fun playin as da Bears.

# 77 Johns Jets @ 08/09/11 10:09 AM
I really like the run game in this so far (after only two games). It's actually pretty hard to get things going and you get stuffed for no gain a lot but this is how it should be. When you do pick up 3 or 4 yards it actually feels like you've achieved something. I found in previous years you tended to get nothing or 10+ yards, this years seems like you'll be able to build a legitimate long drive of small gains.

On a somewhat related note, it also seems like if you call the correct kind of play on D (as in a play to stop the run or to stop the pass) then you will usually succeed in stopping the offense. I found last year and before that often you could call the ideal play on D for what the offense had set up and still get beaten too easily.

I'm slightly worried that both of these aspects will fade a little as I get better at the game and more used to it so I kinda hope that I remain pretty crap and the game keeps playing fairly realistically and I don't start to discover exploits etc.

# 78 guaps @ 08/09/11 10:10 AM
After playing two more games:

The Bears OL just aren't good enough to keep up with the Packers pass rush in Madden, but you can definitely exploit the aggressiveness of the Packers defense. The few times I've had enough time in the pocket, I've picked them apart - especially when they tried to drop a DL in coverage.

What I found is that the manual pump fake (LT/L2 + receiver button) is working great for me. Safeties or LBs in zone coverage can be brought slightly out of position or made just hesitant enough to be able to complete a pass.

Overloading the OL seems to work very well when blitzing compare to last years game. Players like, Peppers, Matthews and even A.J. Hawk play like beasts in this game when used right.

The juke move seems almost too powerful, especially combined with the zig-zag running.

There's definitely been working on the 3-4 defense. I managed to get a sack with B.J. Raji, where I pushed two offensive linemen around 5 yards backwards before getting to Cutler.

Elite players appear to be too good in Madden 12. Woodson is a beast, Matthews is a beast, Peppers is a beast etc. etc. Would have love a bit more balance between elite and average players.

# 79 DGuinta1 @ 08/09/11 10:11 AM
Running not as "zig zaggy" as NCAA12.

# 80 Kevin26385 @ 08/09/11 10:12 AM
I just wanted to mention how realistic the intro/Bears stadium is in the game...This is coming from someone who has been to every home game (Minus one) for the past three years.

The view above the stadium is sweet, you can see lake shore drive and even the gate 14 turnaround.

The detail is absolutely beautiful. The introduction is almost perfect and it gives me chills like in real life.

I think EA Sports deserves a lot of respect...Even the field wrap was done correctly. Little things like this add up to a lot of realism. I think my favorite part though is the player models. Without a doubt this is the best looking Madden has ever been. It is nice to see that Peppers, Urlacher, Cutler, etc look like their real life counterparts.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.