Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

Eclectic soundtrack features Eminem & Royce Da 5’9”, Kurtis Blow, Cee-Lo, Friendly Fires, Busta Rhymes, Yelawolf, Freddie Gibbs and Travis Barker

2K Sports today announced the complete soundtrack for its upcoming NBA® 2K12, the latest installment in the top-rated and best-selling NBA basketball simulation franchise*. This year’s cross-genre soundtrack highlights both popular megastars and up-and-coming bands, with music from Eminem & Royce Da 5’9”, Travis Barker, Busta Rhymes, Lil Jon, Twista, Cee-Lo, Q-Tip and more.

The extensive collection of 28 tracks includes original and remixes created specifically for NBA 2K12, including Freddie Gibbs’ “Look Easy,” the Duck Down All-Stars 2 featuring Skyzoo, Pharoahe Monch & Smif N Wessun’s “Shout The Winners Out,” CyHi Da Prynce’s “Sideways (2K Remix),” and Alex K. and D.J.I.G.’s “Now’s My Time.”

Alex K. and D.J.I.G. are the winners of the Duck Down contest who, with the help of passionate fans, were chosen from thousands of competing producers and MCs to collaborate on an original track to be featured in NBA 2K12.

Featuring NBA legends Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson and Larry Bird as this year’s cover athletes, along with new modes and enhanced gameplay, NBA 2K12 reinforces the franchise’s commitment to quality by combining the best of simulation basketball with an unforgettable sports game soundtrack.

“Music has always been an integral part of our NBA 2K video games, as it further immerses players into the world of basketball and enhances their gaming experience,” said Jason Argent, vice president of marketing for 2K Sports. “It was important to us that the NBA 2K12 soundtrack was not only what you hear while navigating the menus, but also in real-life situations like pre-game highlight introductions and during timeouts, just as you would hear a song while at a game or watching on TV.”

Following is a complete track list for NBA 2K12:
1.Eminem & Royce Da 5’9” – Fast Lane
2.Travis Barker featuring Yelawolf, Twista, Busta Rhymes and Lil Jon - Let's Go
3.CyHi Da Prynce – Sideways (2K Remix)
4.Kurtis Blow - Basketball
5.Friendly Fires - Skeleton Boy
6.Machine Drum - Let It (edIT Remix)
7.Aceyalone featuring Cee-Lo - Workin' Man's Blues
8.Freddie Gibbs - Look Easy (2K Original)
9.Chiddy Bang featuring Q-Tip - Here We Go
10.Zion I featuring Rebelution- Many Stylez
11.Duck Down All -Stars 2 - Shout The Winners Out (2K Original)
12.Middle Class Rut - New Low
13.Bassnectar - Cozza Frenzy
14.Ancient Astronauts - Still a Soldier
15.Alex K. and D.J.I.G. - Now's My Time (2K Original)
16.See-I - Haterz
17.James Pants - We're Through
18.Shinobi Ninja - Rock Hood
19.DELS - Shapeshift
20.Hudson Mohawke - Thunder Bay (instrumental)
21.Mr. Chop - Intermezzo 2 (instrumental)
22.Kid Mac featuring Mat McHugh - Hear You Calling
23.Thunderball - Make Your Move
24.The Freeze Tag - The Shuffle (instrumental)
25.The Death Set - It's Another Day
26.Project Lionheart -They Come Back
27.Jamaica - By The Numbers
28.XV – Awesome

NBA 2K12 can now be pre-ordered from leading video game retailers nationwide, and will be available October 4, 2011, for the PlayStation®3 and PlayStation®2 computer entertainment systems, Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, Wii™ system, PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system and Windows PC.

Source - 2K Sports Unveils NBA 2K12 Soundtrack (2KSports Facebook page)

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Rain816 @ 08/11/11 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mreyes930
Actually Bow Wow covered that song.
Thank u sir....i was just about to say this....lol

# 22 coolcras7 @ 08/11/11 06:17 PM
Quote:
It was meant to be a joke.

# 23 SouthBeach @ 08/11/11 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
77% of gamers will be pumped to see someone finally covered Lil' Bow Wow's "Basketball".

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain816
Thank u sir....i was just about to say this....lol
Jokes are hard to interpret through text lol.

# 24 portlandblazer @ 08/11/11 07:05 PM
im going to wait to listen to the songs since they tend to get played out as the year goes on and i eventually just turn all music off. that said, 2k always opens my ears to new music/bands/groups ive never heard of and i gotta give em credit for not just going purely wack-mainstream "c"rap like live does. theres always 2 or 3 songs though that are just completely unlistenable and get turned off day 1.

# 25 RIZDRAVER @ 08/11/11 07:47 PM
Great to see 2K finally stepping into the year 2009 and adding some Glitch Hop.

edIT, Machinedrum, Bassnectar, Hudson Hohawke.

Throw some Eminem, Busta and Lil Jon at 'em to keep the mainstreamers happy, yet keep on sticking with your formula of including real progressive music regardless if it pisses off the people that want that commercial pop'y BS. Looking good so far 2K.

Sadly, there are countless rap listeners who wouldn't even know who J Dilla or Common are if it wasn't for 2K and their soundtracks of "unknowns".

# 26 tommyboii2008 @ 08/11/11 08:28 PM
SOOOOOOOOOOOO Ron Artest's Champion wont be on 2k12?? #FAIL

# 27 KyotoCarl @ 08/11/11 09:22 PM
I don't particular like hip hop or rap (70's rock and hardrock is my melody) but 2K's soundtracks have been stellar this far and, even though a I haven't heard any of the band/groups this year, I suspect it wilo be awesole this year too.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=59.329470,18.022207

# 28 caml17 @ 08/11/11 09:40 PM
they went a little more indie approach, than 2k11

# 29 DGMikeBarker @ 08/11/11 09:41 PM
XV, Cyhi, Chiddy Bang, Cee Lo, Yelawolf, Kurtis Blow gonna be nice

# 30 PH1LLYSFINEST13 @ 08/11/11 09:42 PM
Woulda loved to see Meek Mill and Lou WIlliams - "I want it all" make the cut

# 31 kolanji @ 08/11/11 10:19 PM
mein to be honest 2k11 soundtrack had me going from the jump this one is gonna have to grow on me a bit....ron artest "champion" is still in my head loving the nba 2k11 ST

# 32 mreyes930 @ 08/11/11 11:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthBeach
Jokes are hard to interpret through text lol.
Ahh I see. I totally understand the joke now. haha My bad.

# 33 H to the Oza @ 08/12/11 01:20 AM
Nice to see Zion I's Many Styles, probably the only track im familiar with on the list lol

# 34 Dachozen1 @ 08/12/11 12:47 PM
This soundtrack is very disappointing.

# 35 Shinyhubcaps @ 08/12/11 06:13 PM
I don't know any of these songs, but I guarantee I'll be sick of all of them around October 10 or so from overplaying this game!

# 36 brett the jet favre @ 08/12/11 08:17 PM
Seems decent, still not better than 2k10 though.

# 37 WTF @ 08/12/11 08:45 PM

Should be on the sound track... Jordan vs the MonStars.

Still one of my favorite bball songs.

"Lightning strikes the court, lights get dim... Supreme competition is about to begin above the rim..."

# 38 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 08/12/11 09:00 PM
Fast Lane and Awesome, two songs I love. And the Chiddy Bang one isn't bad either.

# 39 AVONFTW @ 08/12/11 09:05 PM
Good list. Young Jeezy - win would have been perfect, the jet is in the video

# 40 rel @ 08/13/11 06:27 PM
...wish JCole was on this (didn't he have something wit EA tho...bleh)

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.