Home
Madden 12 News Post

ESPN The Gamer has posted the Madden NFL 12 player ratings for the Chicago Bears and Detroit Lions.

Are there any changes you would like to see, or are they just about right?

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Roncatto @ 08/17/11 08:51 AM
All i can say to that is nice looking front for the Lions.

4 players above 80 and fairley 77 as backup.

nice.

Lions players out there should should just worry about the backend themselves as front 4 will sort themselves out.

# 2 tatmanfish @ 08/17/11 08:53 AM
lol, Olsen has 87 SPD???? Winslow was a 84 last year....seems to me they have the two guys speed mixed up.

Other than that, pretty reasonbable for both teams. Fairily is a little overrated in powermoves and block shedding IMO.

Also think Staffords injury rating is still too high at 65. lol

kind of surprised Peppers block shedding is so low.

# 3 xJayman3 @ 08/17/11 09:01 AM
Im PISSED off man, EA must have something aginst the lions. someone must be a bears fan up in there. First they give Calvin johnson a (93) Overall. our you kidding me Calvin is one of the best WR in the game right now, if not the best. he should not be lower then a (96) overall thats crazyyy, then they give Brandon Pettigrew a (81) overall which he was 3rd in receptions amongst all Tight ends in the NFL. Brandon is top 5 TE. the dude puts up better numbers then the average Wide reciver and still gets treated like a bum. and not too mention he had similar or even Better stats as Chris cooley and Mercedes lewis wich is above a (90) Overall. and hes only in his 2nd year. Brandon should be a (88) overall. DeAndre levy should atleast be a (84) overall the dude is a solid LB. Suh should body slam the whole EA crew for the overall they gave him. the dude put up rookie stats for a DT that will probably never get beaten again. suh should be (93) overall if not better.

And not too mention some of the FREE AGENTS we got over the lock out:

1. We got Tulloch from the Titans which is a MLB and hes a (88) Overall
2. Then got Durant from the Jags, He plays ROLB and is a (84)
3. We up graded at the CB with Eric wright hes a (81) Overall

# 4 xpmar9x @ 08/17/11 09:05 AM
That Lions D looks scary! Also, don't forget to add in:

LB Justin Durant - 83 overall (85speed/87acc/88tkl)
LB Stephen Tulloch - 88 overall (79speed/85acc/97tkl)
CB Eric Wright - 81 overall (89speed/91acc/85zone)

Too bad LeShoure is out for the year, being an Illini fan I was looking forward to spelling Best with him.

Lion could be a fun franchise team, but Best & Stafford will have to stay healthy.

# 5 xpmar9x @ 08/17/11 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xJayman3
Im PISSED off man, EA must have something aginst the lions. someone must be a bears fan up in there. First they give Calvin johnson a (93) Overall. our you kidding me Calvin is one of the best WR in the game right now, if not the best. he should not be lower then a (96) overall thats crazyyy, then they give Brandon Pettigrew a (81) overall which he was 3rd in receptions amongst all Tight ends in the NFL. Brandon is top 5 TE. the dude puts up better numbers then the average Wide reciver and still gets treated like a bum. and not too mention he had similar or even Better stats as Chris cooley and Mercedes lewis wich is above a (90) Overall. and hes only in his 2nd year. Brandon should be a (88) overall. DeAndre levy should atleast be a (84) overall the dude is a solid LB. Suh should body slam the whole EA crew for the overall they gave him. the dude put up rookie stats for a DT that will probably never get beaten again. suh should be (93) overall if not better.

And not too mention some of the FREE AGENTS we got over the lock out:

1. We got Tulloch from the Titans which is a MLB and hes a (88) Overall
2. Then got Durant from the Jags, He plays ROLB and is a (84)
3. We up graded at the CB with Eric wright hes a (81) Overall
None of the teams rosters are updated; these are pre-lockout rosters.

As for Calvin, quit looking at OVR it means nothing. He still has 95 speed, 94 acc, 96 agl, 91 catch, 99 jump, 97 spc. The only reason he's not higher is his 81 AWR rating, you bump that up to 90 and he's a 96 easily.

As for Pettigrew, I don't know much about him. But he does seem too low.

# 6 illiniyak @ 08/17/11 09:22 AM
Overrated:
CHRIS WILLIAMS - After a year in the league, please stop rating people based on their draft status. This guy was a first rounder but after watching him play he's a total joke
Craig Steltz - Good tackler but should be rated as the slowest safety in the league. Wins a Jeff Spaccoli award though....NO DICE!!
Brandon Manamaleuna - His rating could just be a "thumbs down" and he'd be overrated. Happy the team cut him after he showed up to camp even more overweight than before.
Chris Harris - Just slightly overrated. HITMAN is a beast, but 88 overall is a bit much.

Underrated:
DJ Moore - an overacheiving nickel back. Plays that position perfectly. Deserves better than a 71 (Especially if they rate Bowman a 74!)
Major Wright - Team's starting Free Safety only gets a 68. I think he was rated higher in last years game. His rating will go up at first in season ratings change (MARK IT)
Henry Melton - Guy had 3 sacks as an DT in limited action. Steps into starting role for Tommy Harris and gets rated a 67. An awareness boost should help him
Anthony Adams - great run stuffing DT. Only slightly underrated; an 83 would be perfect.
Earl Bennett - broke a lot of tackles after catch last year. An elusiveness rating of 52 is laughable
JAY CUTLER SHOULD BE A 95 AT LEAST......Kidding (85 sounds ok)

Bear DOWN!!!

# 7 The Amaizen Blue @ 08/17/11 09:32 AM
Judging by these, I would've thought the Lions finished 2-14 last season

Oh well, I like a challenge

# 8 SGMRock @ 08/17/11 09:53 AM
Ya the Lions seem to be getting shafted a bit. Stafford is injury prone so far but his accuracy is way better than they give him. Expecially mid and short passes. His first year in the league he was a bit inaccurate as a lot of rookie QBs are but all last preseason and the first 2 games he played in he was very accurate. First preseason game again this year very accurate. Missed 1 pass on his 2 drives in first game.

With his injury down to 65 we can expect to never finish a game online with him anyway. Might as well play with Hill all the time to get used to him....

# 9 Alter Eg0 @ 08/17/11 10:00 AM
Suh underrated fo sho! If I'm not mistaken he was a 90 something with the last update in '11.

# 10 SGMRock @ 08/17/11 10:11 AM
ya he was a 90 in the last few roster updates.

# 11 DreSki @ 08/17/11 10:35 AM
Im surprised Titus Youngs speed is only an 88 thought he woudlve at least had a 93 or so speed considering all the Desean Jackson comparisons

# 12 drewst18 @ 08/17/11 10:54 AM
Die hard Lions fan and I like it.

This is the out of the box rating and will change. Stafford IS better than an 80, but you can't blame the EA guys for this one. When he only played 10 quarters of football last year its hard to rate a guy. If he stays healthy this year expect him in the 2nd tier of guys behind brady, brees, manning. He will be in with Rivers, Vick, Shaub, Ryan.

Calvin is a monster in Madden (or Techmo as Chris Carter put it) so I don't really care about his overall, he is as good as it gets for WR.

Suh is a 90, and will get a bump with a week or two, but 90 out of the box is still sick.

Pettigrew put up great numbers but if you dig a little deeper you will see hes right about where he should be. He was among the league leaders in drops last year with I think 12 and took a huge amount of penalties. He has the skills if he can harness them to be one of the best.

I agree that Deandre Levy got the shaft. In 11 games last year he had 72 tackles. Average that over the whole season and hes right around the numbers of James Farrior and ahead of Jonathan Vilma. Not to mention 2 INTs and 2 FF and one Def TD.

And lastly the player that gets the biggest shaft. Stephan Logan. I understand the need to not give this guy 97-99 speed cause it will probably make him a cheese player and boost his overall, but he was a Pro Bowl Alternate and absolute beast in the return game. Played WR and HB also last year, and when playing HB ran the ball very effectively.

All in all I think EA did a pretty good job for a rating out of the box. And to the guy complaining about the FA it is pretty clear that these are rosters before Free Agency....

# 13 feeq14 @ 08/17/11 11:22 AM
Looking at this as a hardcore bears fan makes me happy to see us getting some respect. But it also reminds me just how lucky/well coached we were last year because these ratings are a bit inflated. Chris Harris, Anthony Adamns, Tim Jennings all need a bit of a downgrade. Crhis Williams... 84 HAHAHAHAHA! Major Wright and Melton will definitely need bumps though, they are both gonna be starters and will be much improved after the first update. Thankfully with team editing i will be going through the whole game getting my ratings where i want.

Lastly... with guys like Jake Locker getting 80+ speed, how the heck does Cutler only have 71? His possibly the best pure Athlete at QB outside of Vick, Young, Newton and afew others, and guys like Locker have never been big time run guys as far as i know. Scrambling sure and that deserves no more than a 75 which is where Locker, Rodgers, Cutler and the like belong. But 83... thats outrageous.

# 14 Xotros @ 08/17/11 12:32 PM
For the Lions, I think they overrated S Erik Coleman. On the underrated front however, I would say they blew it on Calvin Johnson, Levy, Titus Youngs' speed (much of the reason he was drafted), and willy young.

Also Jeff Backus not being the best blocker on the team if quite funny. He is the pinnacle of consistency over his career and was voted best tackle in the NFC north last year as well.

Aaron Berry I think will get (deserves to get) a massive boost considering he's competed for a starting corner job the last two years. Jim Schwartz seems to think he's a great corner, and his ratings should make him on par with T. Hill/Nate Vasher at least.

Suppose I'll add the Lions to teams I have to manually edit once I have the game.

# 15 xpmar9x @ 08/17/11 12:50 PM
Titus Young only ran a 4.4, id still say 88 is to slow. But he's no DeSean like people compared him too. 93 is probably about right.

# 16 rboocahrd @ 08/17/11 01:02 PM
RT Cherilus and Fox should be closer to mid 70s. Cherilus could be slowed down and reduced in both footwork categories. He is a very sloppy player in real life and is starting because he was a 1st rounder. Fox could get a bit of a strength boost along with RBS, PBS, and awareness.

TE Pettigrew could use a strength boost. He is not the greatest blocker but has a lot of raw power.

LB Bobby Carpenter should have his ratings lowered across the board. He played well last year but not that well. His coverage skills are not as good as listed.

Suh is fine where he is rated. He had a beast of a year but it was one year and with his attributes he should skyrocket fast.

SS Amari Spievey should get a small boost to mid 70s. He had a solid rookie year and is having a great camp.

WR Titus Young could use a bit of a speed boost as stated by others.

CB Aaron Berry could use an overall boost but an injury rating in the 50s or 60s. He has looked very good but can't stay healthy.

# 17 the_EDJ @ 08/17/11 02:15 PM
@xpmar9x Larry Fitzgerald also ran a 4.4 out of college and was listed as an 89 Spd.

To anyone arguing stats for ratings, it's player skill, not output that goes furthest into determining a player's ratings. Output will sway it one way or another, but think of their base skills and then if they overachieve, they're boosted a bit, or lowered if they underachieve.

As a Bears fan, I pretty stoked with this roster. It's wayyyy more accurate than my Huskers in NCAA

Three starting WR's are 79 Ovr for Chicago, Williams with 90 Speed, Knox with 97 Speed, and Hester with 98 Speed.

Dline looks solid! Peppers can beast in the game this year, Izzy gets respect with a decent 82 rating. Then the rookie Paea has 98 strength to help plug the middle with Adams and Toeaina. Then you have Gholston coming in to pair with Wootton as a backup. And Okoye makes me forget who Tommie Harris is.

Secondary looked overrated in my opinion, but I'm ok with that. Major Wright though was vastly underrated. I wonder how Conte is getting a higher rating than our starter.

It's sad how accurate the Oline is. Not a single player over 80 Ovr. :'(

# 18 infemous @ 08/17/11 04:12 PM
Jahvid Best is an 80 OVR??? LMAO

Also, any Rams fans here? You also dying of laughter and crying at the same time seeing Tye Hill get 76 Man Coverage rating? hahaha

# 19 infemous @ 08/17/11 04:21 PM
I honestly can't get over how abysmal these ratings are. As you can see there are a fair few fans who know about their teams and don't demand 99's for their favourites and can easily rate players better than Moore, who is constantly whiffing on ratings.

Hopefully Young makes a 95 yard TD in pre season so he can get a roster boost.

It's gutting that ratings can't be edited for online franchise... Leagues are gonna be stacked after 2 seasons now...

# 20 Drix10 @ 08/17/11 06:04 PM
My thoughts as a die hard Bears fan:
Cutler might be a little overrated, maybe an 82 would be better. And I think Stafford when the season is over will be better. I really liked what I saw of him last year.
The Lions getting a lot of love on the O line, and the Bears is about right except Chris Williams I think is probably the worst starter they have. I think Garza should get a ratings bump, and Carimi is looking like a gamer and might benefit from some more awareness. He could be in the high 80's next year.
Peppers too low, Wright too low as has been well chronicled here, and Melton needs all kinds of help. He was a former running back in college at Texas and scored 10 TD's as a freshman with VY. His physical skills should be really high for a DT, with the exception of strength and of course awareness will be lower because he moved from End. Somone mentioned Chris Conte, I think he is overrated now, but not in the long run, he's a tackling machine and some compared him favorably to John Lynch as a possible SS in the future. Major Wright needs some love cause he's coming along nicely. Big hitter with decent insticts. He's as good if not better than Daniel Manning.
And I might get lit up for this one ... Urlacher might be a tad overrated, I'm not convinced he's playing in his prime anymore. I like it ... but I'm not it's accurate.
I'll be making these changes in my franchise if it's not done by the first update.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.