Home
Madden 12 News Post

ESPN The Gamer has posted the Madden NFL 12 player ratings for the Chicago Bears and Detroit Lions.

Are there any changes you would like to see, or are they just about right?

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Gorilla Glass @ 08/17/11 06:11 PM
Yeah Cutler should be atleast an 79-80. He holds the ball long, forces passes, Sends a guys jersey to the HOF.

Sigh, Donny at it again. lol.

# 22 Drix10 @ 08/17/11 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder_DG
Dear Bears,

Thanks for Greg Olsen. He will be very fun to use in franchise and watch in real life.

Signed,

An Avid Panthers Fan
Believe me, it pained me to see him go. He's been one of my favorite Bears for a few years now. Damn Martz. But it was great to see him do well in the preseason game the other night. Looks like Newton will be relying on the new TE alot. I'm so glad he hasn't been implicated in the Miami Booster scandal, unlike our favorite punt returner, Hester.

# 23 csstew55 @ 08/17/11 09:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by feeq14
Looking at this as a hardcore bears fan makes me happy to see us getting some respect. But it also reminds me just how lucky/well coached we were last year because these ratings are a bit inflated. Chris Harris, Anthony Adamns, Tim Jennings all need a bit of a downgrade. Crhis Williams... 84 HAHAHAHAHA! Major Wright and Melton will definitely need bumps though, they are both gonna be starters and will be much improved after the first update. Thankfully with team editing i will be going through the whole game getting my ratings where i want.

Lastly... with guys like Jake Locker getting 80+ speed, how the heck does Cutler only have 71? His possibly the best pure Athlete at QB outside of Vick, Young, Newton and afew others, and guys like Locker have never been big time run guys as far as i know. Scrambling sure and that deserves no more than a 75 which is where Locker, Rodgers, Cutler and the like belong. But 83... thats outrageous.
really??? really???

# 24 Faizon @ 08/17/11 09:59 PM
Lions are really nice on the defensive line, not just Suh and Fairley, but Avril and all the other depth they have

# 25 PackerBacker123 @ 08/17/11 10:10 PM
me being a packer fan I think that we will have plenty of interception against Cutler

# 26 PackerBacker123 @ 08/17/11 10:25 PM
why do they always call Calvin Johnson... Calvin Johnson JR???http://www.wholesalejerseyshut.com/pic/201076105988639.jpg

# 27 xJayman3 @ 08/17/11 11:19 PM
Greg Olsen is an 86 but Brandon Pettigrew is a 81??? What a joke EA.

Brandon was 3rd amongst all TEs in the NFL in receptions! the dude put

numbers better then the average WR in the NFL.

Ans dont let me get started on Suh and Calvin. smh Calvin is argulably one of

the best WRs in the game right now, if not the best. And suh put up rookie

numbers and breaking records that any incoming DT will probably never

touch.

The lions never get any type of respect! I swear who ever does the ratings

must be a Bears, Vikings, Packers fan.

# 28 JHolsinger @ 08/17/11 11:43 PM
Suh, Levy, Delmas underrated and Best overrated imo. Lions are going to be so much fun this year, can't wait.

# 29 Raw Energy @ 08/18/11 01:15 AM
how is calvin johnson awarness an 81 and nate burelson is and 79 seriously. they need to bump that by at least 5 points.
the suh awarness should be at least 80 williams and avril awareness could be bumped up by 3 more points

# 30 xpmar9x @ 08/18/11 01:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xJayman3
Greg Olsen is an 86 but Brandon Pettigrew is a 81??? What a joke EA.
Pet: 71 catches, 722 yards, 4 TDs
Olsen: 41 catches, 404 yards, 5 TDs

fiddle me that one EA.

# 31 DeuceDouglas @ 08/18/11 02:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by feeq14
Looking at this as a hardcore bears fan makes me happy to see us getting some respect. But it also reminds me just how lucky/well coached we were last year because these ratings are a bit inflated. Chris Harris, Anthony Adamns, Tim Jennings all need a bit of a downgrade. Crhis Williams... 84 HAHAHAHAHA! Major Wright and Melton will definitely need bumps though, they are both gonna be starters and will be much improved after the first update. Thankfully with team editing i will be going through the whole game getting my ratings where i want.

Lastly... with guys like Jake Locker getting 80+ speed, how the heck does Cutler only have 71? His possibly the best pure Athlete at QB outside of Vick, Young, Newton and afew others, and guys like Locker have never been big time run guys as far as i know. Scrambling sure and that deserves no more than a 75 which is where Locker, Rodgers, Cutler and the like belong. But 83... thats outrageous.
Haha you serious dude? Locker ran for nearly 1000 yards @ UW his freshmen year before getting hurt as a sophomore and then moving to a pro-style offense when Sark came in. I would say Cutler is about right at 71 and if he was more athletic he would be able to get away from all those sacks. lol

# 32 Xotros @ 08/18/11 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpmar9x

fiddle me that one EA.
Olsen is more well known, thus has higher ratings. This is how things are done apparently. See: Danny Woodhead.

# 33 Ramminyou @ 08/18/11 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by infemous
Jahvid Best is an 80 OVR??? LMAO

Also, any Rams fans here? You also dying of laughter and crying at the same time seeing Tye Hill get 76 Man Coverage rating? hahaha
I honestly forgot he even existed.

# 34 Drix10 @ 08/18/11 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpmar9x

fiddle me that one EA.
It's not always about production. You'd like it to be, but in this case it's more about the physical skills Olsen possess. He has Wide Receiver skills, so when that translates to a TE in the receiving department, it makes him higher overall. Plus in Mike Martz's system, WR's get more plays called for them, so the fact Olsen only had X number of catches and Pet had Y didn't matter in the mind of the Madden rating czar. Pettigrew is a better Tight End, but Olsen is faster and more of a playmaker and we know how important that is to Madden ratings.

# 35 jimmyy201 @ 08/18/11 06:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySmooov
BEARS:

Overrated
  • MAYBE Matt Forte, but only slightly - Not really sure about how fast he is, but for the most part I think he's spot-on. Madden recognized that he doesn't really excel in one thing, he's just good at everything. Again, the speed MAY be a tad bit too high but in the demo on SLOW he felt right.
  • RB Chester Taylor - no way he's elusive at ALL. From what I saw, when he ran the ball it was routinely 2 yards and a cloud of dust. Elusiveness needs to go DOWN, as well as BCV.
  • The entire OL - If you remember last year's game against the Giants, they allowed 9 sacks by HALFTIME. If you saw the first preseason game, you'd know the line was in mid-season form. The best player on that line may be Gabe Carimi. Chris Williams is a bust, no wonder why he slid down teams' boards on draft day. Kreutz has been our best lineman for years but he's gone. Garza is a decent backup on most teams. Omiyale, J'Marcus Webb and Lance Louis are waiver wire and practice squad afterthoughts. I don't understand why they're even starting. No player on this line should be above 80, not even Kreutz.
  • Bears' WRs. Knox is legit, but Hester isn't THAT good. I'd say a slight ratings bump down. Also for Bennett as well in terms of ACC and maybe speed.

Also another note - Madden always switches around the Bears safeties. Every strrong safety on the roster is a FS, and every FS with the exception of Chris Conte and maybe Major Wright is a SS. I never understood this.

One more, Jay Cutler's toughness is too low. I'd say around 85-95 is warranted; He's been sacked 87 times in the last two years, 9 times in ONE game (by halftime), and he's only missed ONE game: The game after which he got sacked 9 times. And yeah, he got hurt in the NFC Championship game, he had torn ligaments, so what. 75% or regular people can't even walk on a sprained ankle. People fry him for coming out, they forget he came in for a series or two with the injury before the coaches MADE him come out.

Cutler only 72 toughness? Bears O-Line getting shown unnecessary love? Safeties STILL at wrong positions?
About Forte a lot of people don't realize this because he is a bigger HB, but he is more of a speed back then a power back. He's not blazing fast so I think they got him about right.

Chris Williams has been overrated since the start of madden 11 and when they moved him from LT to LG it made his overall go up because of the wonderfully perfect overall system they have.

The reason the Safetys are all mixed up is because the Bears move them back in forth a lot in their system. In the Bears tampa two system the two safety positions are almost the same. The only Safety that is wrong now is Chris Harris is now a SS, but that move just happening this preseason.

# 36 JHolsinger @ 08/18/11 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHolsinger
Suh, Levy, Delmas underrated and Best overrated imo. Lions are going to be so much fun this year, can't wait.
Forgot Pettigrew, definitely underrated at an 81.

# 37 dman08 @ 08/19/11 02:53 AM
Maybe I'm just a huge Bears fan but why is Hester's catch rating so low? His awareness should be down but he didn't drop a lot of passes last year and he made some pretty spectacular catches at times throughout the season.

# 38 Neolithic @ 08/19/11 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder_DG
Dear Bears,

Thanks for Greg Olsen. He will be very fun to use in franchise and watch in real life.

Signed,

An Avid Panthers Fan

Dear Avid Panthers Fan,

Hope he catches every pass past the first down line, or he won't make it

Signed,

A Disappointed in Greg Olsen Bears Fan

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.