Home
NHL 12 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: NHL 12Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 26 - View All
NHL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Cletus @ 08/18/11 12:42 AM
The Leafs player is Borje Salming. I saw it on the Red Wings facebook page.

# 22 BaylorBearBryant @ 08/18/11 12:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
And to all the Roenick haters.... well, I'll be nice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhHxB...5F9F5A5FBBF8F8

If you don't like him, that's your thing. LOVE HIM. I will never have another favorite player.
Nice find Gagnon39. I'd prefer Modano over Roenick, but don't really have a problem with either. I'd like to see Brian Leetch someday.

As a Houston Aeros fan, I hope the other one besides Mario, is Gordie Howe.

# 23 tabulaRasa @ 08/18/11 02:16 AM
Borje Salming! Why isnīt he in any video?

# 24 bwiggy33 @ 08/18/11 04:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
One last note, might as well make it the hat trick.

Roenick deserves to be on this list simply because it is EA's hockey game. He was a god in NHL 94. Is he a legend? I'd have to say that I'd have a hard time convincing anyone of that. But he was pretty darn good.
I would say JR is a US hockey legend for sure. We don't have a huge laundry list of legends like Canada does. JR is one of those guys that not only gave it his all in the NHL, but also gave it his all in international events. No question one of the best US born players. He may not have had as good of career as some out there but I tell ya what he had as much heart (if not more) than most guys. The guy is a straight up gamer and I love the fact that he shows his passion to everyone on Versus and NBC when he's covering games. He rants a lot, but you can see how much he loves the game. It sucks he never won a cup, but then again many other great players never won a cup either.

# 25 goosedennis @ 08/18/11 05:15 AM
How is Jeremy Roenick, of all people, in over the best player in NHL history in Bobby Orr?

# 26 FBeaule04 @ 08/18/11 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal Fowler
Paying for boosts is what ruin Be a Player and OTP for everyone else. Letting Ea know that you are one of thousands of suckers makes the game suck for the rest of us that realize tha the unachevable boosts were a frickin' ploy to get dumb kids to spend mommy and daddy's money.

Thanks for that! So glad you drew that line at Legends.
Let me correct you here. What ruin BaP and OTP was to have boost at first. If you give community players type with set attributes (like when you apply a Boost Pack), that would have been alright. Everyone with the same attributes, no cheating of the AI, no boost to pay for or unlock while cheating to get, than, all people would have to thing about is playing the game.

EA ruined their game themselves simply because they want to make money. I understand fully people paying to get the boost. No way some people can play 300 hours of hockey in a month and keep playing with a 76 overall player online against guys who cheat, by having a guy unlocking everything and then others modding the card and come out after 2 weeks with a legend with 90 overall.

# 27 Gagnon39 @ 08/18/11 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiggy33
I would say JR is a US hockey legend for sure. We don't have a huge laundry list of legends like Canada does. JR is one of those guys that not only gave it his all in the NHL, but also gave it his all in international events. No question one of the best US born players. He may not have had as good of career as some out there but I tell ya what he had as much heart (if not more) than most guys. The guy is a straight up gamer and I love the fact that he shows his passion to everyone on Versus and NBC when he's covering games. He rants a lot, but you can see how much he loves the game. It sucks he never won a cup, but then again many other great players never won a cup either.
Agreed. I have tons of autographed stuff from Roenick. I actually met/know is godmother (I know it sounds crazy) but she took tons of stuff to him and brought it back signed. I drew a picture of him when I was in 7th grade and gave it to her to give to him to keep. He sent it back and signed, "Grant, awesome job!!! - Jeremy Roenick". Still have it. Cards, jerseys, pucks, all that stuff with my name on it. He'll forever be my favorite player. I haven't had the pleasure of meeting him but everyone I know that has says he's a stand-up guy. Hopefully one day our paths will cross.

# 28 matt8204 @ 08/18/11 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgeberg
Roenick was a legend in NHL 94. Maybe his inclusion is a wink to that.
It's not so much me as it is Roenick...he's good.

Classic line.

# 29 gopher_guy @ 08/18/11 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandMaster B
Maybe they will release more Legends as DLC down the line.
That would make me kinda mad.

"It will FOREVER change the way you play! Now, we'll give half of it to you, you only have to pay for the other half!!"

That would be lame. Kind of insult to injury, 90% of the hardcore people are extremely underwhelmed by the announcement, and now make them pay for all of it.

# 30 coolio83 @ 08/18/11 12:24 PM
how can they put together a video of Roy (in-game) and not show him fighting, blasphemy!

# 31 plaidchuck @ 08/18/11 12:36 PM
I can imagine Roenick in that group.. "Hey guys, what this stanley cup thingy I keep hearing about?"

# 32 gator3guy @ 08/18/11 02:25 PM
Howe and Lemieux are the final two. I kind of wish they had enough for a whole team.

What is the point of having these guys? Just to put on a team of current players? Kind of defeats the purpose of Legends mode.

# 33 FBeaule04 @ 08/18/11 04:11 PM
It's just another proof of a good idea that is develop the EA's way : Half-assed!

I hope a member of the dev. team will come and explain to us what's the difference between creating Mario Lemieux themselves and playing with him on any team with creating Mario Lemieux myself and playing with him on any team?

Once it's done, I would like him to explain me how it's a game changing features and how in the hell it's going to change the way I play their game?

Some don't want people to blast EA for nothing, but geez, this summer, all they do (Legends, Broken glass, goalies fight, helmet popping out) is asking for punches in the face.

EA, for christ sake, help us making like you, not wanting to beat you like we are Mike Tyson!

# 34 KillHammer @ 08/18/11 09:30 PM
First thing I'm going to do with Roy is try and pick a fight with Jimmy Howard. Add him to the list of Detroit goalies he has fought.

# 35 plaidchuck @ 08/18/11 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
The NHL devs don't post anymore and who can blame them when a good portion of a vocal minority are out right insulting.
Oh come on, nobody was that bad and you know it. Maybe if he took a peek in here this year they wouldn't have thought that goalie fights was the "most requested feature"

# 36 FBeaule04 @ 08/19/11 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
The NHL devs don't post anymore and who can blame them when a good portion of a vocal minority are out right insulting.
I know they don't and I understand why. I'm in communication and I feel for people who have to go public to explain decision taken higher and that you can't explain without looking like a moron.

Just take a look at what NBA 2K12 will offer as legends. That's what I said about doing something half-*** in comparison of doing it seriously. NBA 2K12 will give 15 legends and 30 historical team. NHL 12 will offer 9 legends!

EA can eat alive Take Two any time of the day if they way, but all they seems to be able to do, is take a good idea and develop it at 50% but since it's in the game, it's ok.

The NHL team at EA are just like Alexandre Daigle was in the NHL. Full of talent and ressources, but don't seem to like what they do, so they do it to make money.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.