Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 ClevelandinDistress @ 08/18/11 03:15 AM
YES! MUAHAHHAAHA..... okay i admit im alittle obsessed over 2k12

# 2 Aces15 @ 08/18/11 03:22 AM
What I noticed:

-A lot less bumping, as you can see by LeBron running all over the damn place
-Jump shots look a lot better, for example the Butler spot up at 1:47

That's pretty much it... interesting that the menus look exactly the same though. Why would they do that?

# 3 23 @ 08/18/11 03:22 AM
Couple of things

Dirk's butter smooth J looks Authentic as heck

Seen the ball pushed up court a little bit right after Dirk"s shot

other things like Wade running over Caron... is that a foul or no?.. and also no suction was noticed

# 4 ClevelandinDistress @ 08/18/11 03:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Couple of things

Dirk's butter smooth J looks Authentic as heck

Seen the ball pushed up court a little bit right after Dirk"s shot

other things like Wade running over Caron... is that a foul or no?.. and also no suction was noticed
Good non-call of course can be fixed with sliders. So mad they skipped the intro but im sure we are going to get a hell of a lot more video. Also bumping seemed dynamic and not staticky

# 5 BodyBump @ 08/18/11 03:34 AM
Thanks for the video. Just noticed the Starting 5 lineup screen. IMO, much better than 2k11.

# 6 ClevelandinDistress @ 08/18/11 03:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BodyBump
Thanks for the video. Just noticed the Starting 5 lineup screen. IMO, much better than 2k11.

StateFarm is a sponsor? Those PC Modders are Fortune Tellers!!!

# 7 coolcras7 @ 08/18/11 04:04 AM
crowd looks a lot more into the game as well, player movement looks more controlled and smoother.

# 8 23 @ 08/18/11 04:05 AM
Im sorry

Casual settings... Calm down people (for those who come late and try making a huge deal out of nothing)

also there is lots of movement around the court, not sure they're even calling plays

# 9 eyyee @ 08/18/11 04:10 AM
The animations look a lot smoother and I the starting lineup screen is an improvement for sure.

# 10 DurtySoufReppin @ 08/18/11 04:12 AM
1. Walking the ball up court dribble is back 0:20

2. New passing animations (J-Kidd) 0:30

3. Jumper momentum looks much better (Caron Butler 1:45 & Chris Bosh 1:23)

4. Players are still falling for no fu*king reason 0:46 (Caron Butler on LBJ Drive)

5. Dirk's shot is fixed 0:33

6. Post Game looks more realistic (on both ends) 1:40

7. Less bumping on defense

8. Defense plays much smarter when player loses his dribble @ 1:09 (puts hand in face and plays tighter)

I wish they could have changed the small visual things like scoreboard and menus that would make it feel/look newer.

Also the contact in the paint isn't as good as I'd like it but it still looks good.

Those momentum shots and the post game are going to look good with Z-Bo and Rudy

# 11 coolcras7 @ 08/18/11 04:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DurtySoufReppin
1. Walking the ball up court dribble is back 0:20

2. New passing animations (J-Kidd) 0:30

3. Jumper momentum looks much better (Caron Butler 1:45 & Chris Bosh 1:23)

4. Players are still falling for no fu*king reason 0:46 (Caron Butler on LBJ Drive)

5. Dirk's shot is fixed 0:33

6. Post Game looks more realistic (on both ends) 1:40

7. Less bumping on defense

8. Defense plays much smarter when player loses his dribble @ 1:09 (puts hand in face and plays tighter)
like 23 said the game is probably on casual.

# 12 DurtySoufReppin @ 08/18/11 04:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcras7
like 23 said the game is probably on casual.
yea you're right, but what game slider would prevent players from falling like that?

Strength maybe?

# 13 coolcras7 @ 08/18/11 04:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DurtySoufReppin
yea you're right, but what game slider would prevent players from falling like that?

Strength maybe?
yeah hopefully they did work on charges, 1 video of the year feels like Christmas

# 14 stonecoldd @ 08/18/11 05:34 AM
Wow they didn't touch the menus at all.. Dirk's shot looks waayyy smoother and more accurate than 2k11.
The game speed looks too fast, probly has to do with settings.

Can't say much else. need more videos!

# 15 Goffs @ 08/18/11 06:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecoldd
Wow they didn't touch the menus at all.. Dirk's shot looks waayyy smoother and more accurate than 2k11.
The game speed looks too fast, probly has to do with settings.

Can't say much else. need more videos!
why should they be changed? this is the second year they are using the menu design...

shots look quicker and smoother...that pull up J by Butler was really smooth and pretty to look at..

# 16 mreyes930 @ 08/18/11 06:04 AM
So far so good. I'm definitely liking what I see. Can't wait for some more videos to pop up. Definitely want to see the intro, some plays run, momentum jumpers and some more post moves. I wish somebody with prior 2K experience would get on the sticks so we could see what's really going on though.

# 17 qnzballa5 @ 08/18/11 06:05 AM
anyone catch that speed dribble animation @ 1:22 chris bosh went into for one sec... im jus sayin. No more 2k12 hype for me... but thats a good thing.

# 18 Da_Czar @ 08/18/11 06:10 AM
Are you guys not liking that LEbron I think runs into Caron I think full speed and knocks him over ? Is that the fall your talking about ?

At any rate on the defensive end there is plenty of goodness for Sim heads to see.

1. As has been mentioned look at the free range of offensive movement with the ball. Bumps in that video seem appropriate and in context while at the same time a guy was not able to run directly to the rim without body contact. Very tricky balance to maintain But that looked good.

2. Tempo and pace especially for guys who are playing a new game. Tempo looked really good and not like a track contest.

3. The on ball screen @ 1:36 actually worked. Those screens in what looked like a play in 2k11 never really worked the guy set the screen to low or too high so the defender would rarely get hit by them

4. On defense for guys complaining that every Pick and Roll was hard hedged last year notice how Bosh played the screen and then ran sprinted back as Chandler (i think lol) dived to the basket to set another screen to take away the passing lane... Good stuff.

4 The thing I loved the most was the defensive rotation @ 1:45 Dirk got deep and the double came. Then Lebron helped and someone HELPED THE HELPER for goodness sakes. LOL then the rotation back out once the pass was made was pure beauty IMO.

4.5 The cpu on the recovery I think it was lebron didn't fly out to cover the shooter he recovers and stays between his man and the basket basically saying go ahead and shoot it.

Last thing is Dirk's Iso was a thing of beauty spacing wise. He had half the floor to himself... LOL

# 19 Da_Czar @ 08/18/11 06:15 AM
Oh and last thing. I know the home of "they need to spend time on the important gameplay stuff " is not allowing people to talk about menu's ? ROTFLOL #justsaying.

# 20 Goffs @ 08/18/11 06:21 AM
can't really see but the energy bar and cell phone bars are gone now i can play this without any markings

« Previous123456Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.