Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 youngfaze01 @ 08/18/11 12:25 PM
I really wanna see how 2k would look with The Show engine. As far as the graphics in the video, 2k11.5. Just saying.

# 62 ifriedrice @ 08/18/11 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
i thought they are no longer allowed to be seated there?

just a sea of cameramen..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJ0PJaYTL4U

no lakers girls on the sides either
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4UZgKvjuRs
Ahhh! Good catch. Thanks. I didn't notice that this past season (or seasons).

# 63 youngfaze01 @ 08/18/11 12:30 PM
I hate that carry-crossover Butler does at the 1:00 mark. It was in 2k11 also.

# 64 SageInfinite @ 08/18/11 12:42 PM
Czar with the lovely breakdown of the gameplay. Love the new jumpers and the pacing/spacing. 2k is pretty much refining and perfecting. It's August also, we have no idea what else is in store, besides it's a DEMO.

And for guys saying it still looks the same, IMO, there's nothing wrong with looking like the GOAT.

# 65 aloncho11 @ 08/18/11 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Rose
Only things that were really noticeable, was that the walk up dribble is back. The off dribble jump shot by Butler was buttery, Dirk's jumpshot is FINALLY right and the player lineup screen looks way better. Wish they would of changed the menus up but oh well. Not a big deal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
I love Dirk's new sig jumper. Looks pretty much perfect. I really like it though. Can't wait... lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBigShot1
Dirk's new shot looks GREAT...spot on.
You guys realize these are animations that are already in 2K11 right? Just so you get a sneak peak of them.

In 2K11, edit Dirk Nowitzki's shots to:

Jumper: R.Rondo
Fadeaway: Snoop Dog
Free Throw: B. Roy

Try it

What I like most about the video is the smoothness of gameplay and player movements and the new player models, they are actually slim and lean now and not "Mr. Universe" like

The textures of the jerseys and shadowing on players seems to be improved too. I also noticed that the floating, waving jersey effect is gone.

And just for the record, people last year were saying that 2K11 was the same as 2K10 in every single aspect based on the first video. Then come release day, the leap from 2k10 to 2K11 was very big in every aspect of the game. 2K puts it's benchmark higher every year, so I expect this year to be no different.

# 66 Pared @ 08/18/11 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aloncho11
And just for the record, people last year were saying that 2K11 was the same as 2K10 in every single aspect based on the first video. Then come release day, the leap from 2k10 to 2K11 was very big in every aspect of the game.
FINALLYYYYYYYYYYYY someone mentioned this!

# 67 exposedaking @ 08/18/11 12:59 PM
well i like the gameplay improvements that i saw, plus the breakdown by da czar...as far as the graphics go i want to see a fresh game....i want my game to play and look new. but then again its just an early demo...it might have that fresh coat of paint when the game releases...still a 1st day buy

# 68 23 @ 08/18/11 01:02 PM
@Ronnie2K Exactly how far is the game from being finished cause I still see people falling for no reason in that vid...
3 minutes ago
in reply to
@Ronnie2K

Ronnie 2K 2K12
@Joe_III Just like last year, that's far from the final build.

# 69 Goffs @ 08/18/11 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachimclutch504
can someone post the link to da_czar break down
page three of this thread....

# 70 aloncho11 @ 08/18/11 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
@Ronnie2K Exactly how far is the game from being finished cause I still see people falling for no reason in that vid...
3 minutes ago
in reply to
@Ronnie2K

Ronnie 2K 2K12
@Joe_III Just like last year, that's far from the final build.
Yes. This happens to most games (if not every) at video game conferences. It is not the final build. This is probably the same build Kobe Bryant played some months ago.

# 71 juicey79 @ 08/18/11 01:18 PM
This game will be worth $60...and replayable like last years version. Since there will likely be no season I wonder how that affects the NBA today mode....also I'm confident the game will be fine I just hope they upgrade cosmetics like high res shoes and a ton of accessories, and improve the create a player models...i remember the xbox NBA 2k2 or 2k3 Reggie miller had his multicolor wrist bands...A.I and KG had their finger bands...they even had writing on A.I's elbow band "the answer"...the faces were even scanned

# 72 thebesteva_22 @ 08/18/11 01:23 PM
Quote:
can someone post the link to da_czar break down
Page 3 post 23. I hope they fix passing out of your shot like Dirk did @ 1:44, too many people abused that esp. in crew games.

# 73 tyson33 @ 08/18/11 01:27 PM
Looks good!, players look a little big in comparison to the court but the jump shots look fantastic, all in all I am impressed.

# 74 Shakedowncapo @ 08/18/11 01:35 PM
I just hope we see the removal of the animation where you get completely stopped in your tracks when driving from the 3pt with a slower player. For example, when using Dirk last year, I noticed on the higher difficulties the computer would stop him cold when trying to turbo drive by them. There needs to be some jockeying for position with a controllable animation.

# 75 The 24th Letter @ 08/18/11 01:38 PM
that Caron pull up looked Live 10 smooth...

# 76 kcm139 @ 08/18/11 01:49 PM
The gameplay looks a lot like 2k11 but its not like it means anything cause its 2 minutes played with very little fancy work.

However, jumpshots do look nicer (the stop and pop jumpshots at least)

Also, the offense (im assuming no calls were played because i didnt see any playcall messages :P) seemed to work well off ball.

Movement was also faster in a seemingly good way.

My only complaint is that inbounding the ball still looks like it takes an eternity.

# 77 wrestlinggod1 @ 08/18/11 01:59 PM
Am I the only one that thinks the shot by Dirk wasn't his set shot? That looks more like his pullup shot to me. 2K absolutely NAILED it. I would like to see his set jumper as well.

# 78 aga11ah @ 08/18/11 02:10 PM
looks just like 2k11. what a surprise. lol.

just gonna keep 2k11 and roll with BF3/MW3. save $60

# 79 youvalss @ 08/18/11 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aga11ah
looks just like 2k11. what a surprise. lol.

just gonna keep 2k11 and roll with BF3/MW3. save $60
Watch out now...it's going to get nasty...

# 80 richmo @ 08/18/11 02:24 PM
Quote:
Keep iish like that to your self play boi... 2k hardcore gamers only here
Ignore the trolls. Just one extra copy for someone who actually wants to play it.

At first look, I thought it was very similar to 2k11, and still see a lot (which is expected) but that isn't necessarily a negative. After multiple views, the game looks great as I see more needed improvements . Too early to judge so we won't go there.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.