Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 coolcras7 @ 08/18/11 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aga11ah
looks just like 2k11. what a surprise. lol.

just gonna keep 2k11 and roll with BF3/MW3. save $60
this is a old build was already stated by Ronnie which stilled showed improvements over 2k11, but do what you want, one last person taking my copy on release day.

# 82 SouthBeach @ 08/18/11 02:30 PM
Here's my take on the video:

These types of "spy videos" are more important to 2K enthusiasts and not the casual 2K player. I've skimmed through this thread and noticed people complaining about graphics. Graphics? Not the actual gameplay. We talkin' 'bout graphics, man. Not the gameplay that 2K goes out there and works their asses off to give us, but graphics.

I'm not sure what you'd expect from a low quality video taken from a few feet away from the tv, but take all things into consideration:

1.) This probably isn't anywhere near final build.
2.) It's a low quality video of casual, if not, new players of 2K.
3.) Any graphical changes probably won't be noticeable in this video (see #1 and #2)

Personally, I liked the video for what it is. Namely, Dirk's shot from what I see. Da_Czar's breakdown hit the nail on the head for this video.

People jump the gun with the "Looks like (insert previous 2K year), not buying it" comments, when time after time, retail is damn near a different game from the official demo release.
Be patient.

# 83 BezO @ 08/18/11 02:43 PM
Noticed everything mentioned by Da Czar. Looking forward to this year's breakdown vids.

They need to replace some of the bump animations with ride animations when the angle is appropriate. And the defender should get bumped back a little when appropriate. I hope they get this right as it was one of my big issues with '11.

This and FIFA are the only games I'm looking forward to this year. Can't wait for this one!

# 84 Jano @ 08/18/11 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
that Caron pull up looked Live 10 smooth...
Yes it did man, yes it did!

# 85 Eman5805 @ 08/18/11 03:21 PM
Bold prediction, when 2K13's first gameplay vids come out...someone will say it looks like 2K12.

Typical.

No matter. Dirk's shot looks on point. When Butler went from the dribble to the shot it looked like one continuous animation...just the way it should. Very fluid and together.

Can't wait to see how it all feels.

Also, looks like you'll be allowed to dribble around a bit without your defender magically sliding in front of you and making you go in that unbreakable bumping animation.

# 86 Pared @ 08/18/11 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman5805
Bold prediction, when 2K13's first gameplay vids come out...someone will say it looks like 2K12.

Go back and search the forum - people said the same thing about 2k11 and how it looked like 2k10. Remember the demo???

This is all just comical. Take it for what it is - comedic relief.

# 87 Pared @ 08/18/11 03:43 PM
I play 2k on the 360. But if you're referring to PSN - I don't know why. My PSN is in my profile.

PM me for anything else so we don't take the thread off track.

# 88 coolcras7 @ 08/18/11 04:05 PM
DA Wolf posted a new video on his web page
http://www.nbagames.de/

# 89 SwagDoc101 @ 08/18/11 04:10 PM
very excited whenever i get 2k12 news...oct 4 will b my christmas

# 90 rockchisler @ 08/18/11 04:12 PM
No Opinion from Me, Ill wait till the demo drops

# 91 titans321 @ 08/18/11 04:31 PM
Looks good, but pissed they didn't change anything about the menus or the scoreboard. These are fine, but I'd much rather have something new. It would make it feel less like 2K11.

# 92 Gmoney2002 @ 08/18/11 04:35 PM
ANNNND so...another year and the madness begins anew...anyway contact animations loook less canned and drawn out which is a welcome sign for me...looking forward to more vids ans info

# 93 jubba910 @ 08/18/11 06:02 PM
Looks like another year of online players exploiting the baseline as you can see the dude was able to do a couple of times in this video....

# 94 luda06 @ 08/18/11 06:13 PM
There's not much for me to take after watching the videos.

As usual, the player is bad.

It looks just like 2k11 in terms of presentation and game play. Besides that, I'd rather these videos be taken down or something. My hype for the game has taken a hit.

# 95 chackett12 @ 08/18/11 06:14 PM
Lebron's headband... again. -___-

# 96 Da_Czar @ 08/18/11 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by luda06
My hype for the game has taken a hit.
That is not always such a bad thing Luda. Could lead to you actually enjoying the game more if you decide to get it.

# 97 Jano @ 08/18/11 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
That is not always such a bad thing Luda. Could lead to you actually enjoying the game more if you decide to get it.
True words right there I'm looking at this game with indifference now. No getting my hopes up this is a video game and I'm finally going to respect it for that.

No more obsessing because things aren't "sim" enough haha!

# 98 Goffs @ 08/18/11 06:18 PM
as usual people react to early vids of a game thats not finished....i really think some of you should just wait for the official ones that are released and not from something thats being played in CASUAL

# 99 LaLaKeR24 @ 08/18/11 06:19 PM
GREAT GRAPHICS !!!

# 100 JWiLL02 @ 08/18/11 07:02 PM
Seems like most of you missed this link from page 5, there are 8 videos here, some showing more than others.

http://slumz.boxden.com/f13/nba-2k12...ality-1598428/

The game sure seems a hell of a lot more fluid than 2k11, the passing is noticeably quicker and far more appropriate for the NBA level. The amount of bobbling in the half court last year was ridiculous.

Shooting is just better period. Off the dribble, catch and shoot, out of the post, everything just looks smoother and more responsive. They seem to have added some wrinkles to the isomotion as well (Chalmers pulls off a spin dribble from a standstill), can't wait to get my hands on it.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.