Home
Madden 12 News Post

ESPN The Gamer has posted the Madden NFL 12 player ratings for the Green Bay Packers and Minnesota Vikings.

Are there any changes you would like to see, or are they just about right?

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 oneamongthefence @ 08/18/11 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingo911
It's good to see AJ Hawk getting the respect he deserves. I felt he was very underrated last year. They will probably bump him up even more in the first update due to Barnett jumping ship.
Nick Barnett didn't jump ship. He was released. I'm just annoyed by how some guys didn't drop much while they were injured and Ryan Grant was shafted.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using Tapatalk

# 42 DCEBB2001 @ 08/18/11 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
Here is were I think your smoking dope. Finley is a fast TE. He would be a slower WR, but he's a fast TE.

Quarless isn't even close to Finely in Receiving skills, and he wasn't a real good blocker either. From what I'm hearing, that changed during the off-season. I heard he really worked on his blocking. I don't think Quarless will ever be the receiver Finley is, but I think he could, with more work come close to it.

But you saying that Finley is just a chuck it up and hope receiver is just out of this world crazy. 62 yard reception in 2009.
Read the post above where it shows the reception - the 62 yard TD.

# 43 DCEBB2001 @ 08/18/11 04:13 PM
Quote:
Here is were I think your smoking dope. Finley is a fast TE. He would be a slower WR, but he's a fast TE.

Quarless isn't even close to Finely in Receiving skills, and he wasn't a real good blocker either. From what I'm hearing, that changed during the off-season. I heard he really worked on his blocking. I don't think Quarless will ever be the receiver Finley is, but I think he could, with more work come close to it.

But you saying that Finley is just a chuck it up and hope receiver is just out of this world crazy. 62 yard reception in 2009.
Quarless has a great physical skill set, but he's raw. Raw like Jamal Reynolds and Robert Ferguson were. He needs more technical work.

# 44 DCEBB2001 @ 08/18/11 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by genghisfrog
Finley had to cut twice on that play and griffin had a full head of steam. You seem to have some vendetta against Finley or a love fest for Quarless. You're really trying too hard.
Nope, just trying to be realistic here. SPD is SPD. Not saying Quarless is better, just faster. And that Finley's SPD is overrated.

# 45 aceoye @ 08/18/11 04:13 PM
lol I watch all the Packers game, quarless is not faster than finley dude. And for this season Id rather we start DJ williams over quarless please.

# 46 genghisfrog @ 08/18/11 04:14 PM
Jamaal Charles got ran down on a long run last year, I think vs the Rams. I guess Charles shouldn't be as fast as he is.

# 47 DCEBB2001 @ 08/18/11 04:15 PM
Quote:
I haven't timed them, but I put both pretty close in speed. It wouldn't be surprised if Quarless has a VERY SLIGHT edge on speed. I think he got jobbed in the speed rating, but oh well.

I'm kind of cautiously optimistic about Quarless this year from what I'm hearing out of camp.
Combine and PD numbers:
Driver: 4.45 and N/A
Quarless: 4.68 and 4.57
Finley: 4.82 and 4.66

# 48 DCEBB2001 @ 08/18/11 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceoye
lol I watch all the Packers game, quarless is not faster than finley dude. And for this season Id rather we start DJ williams over quarless please.

Proof please?

# 49 DCEBB2001 @ 08/18/11 04:19 PM
And for those who follow the in-game speeds its:

Driver: 82
Quarless: 76
Finley: 75

The Driver to Finley differential is what bugs me the most because EA has Finley ahead of Driver.

# 50 genghisfrog @ 08/18/11 04:20 PM
Combine #s? Come on man. These guys aren't all rookies now. People get faster and slower.

Should Finley be an 86 speed based on other TEs ratings? No. Is he faster than Quarless, yes.

So go research your combine numbers and I'll got by what I see on the field and that is Finley is faster than Quarless.

# 51 aceoye @ 08/18/11 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEBB2001
Proof please?
go on youtube and type in Andrew Quarless 62 yd td, dont worry Ill wait..EA is going off of 40 times and actual NFL play..Quarless doesnt do much at all for the pack its hard to rate someone acurately if they are not in spotlight with the ball running alot. quarless is either catching a 6 yard 1st down and rarely goaline tds..when Jermichael is playing he stretches the field hes in spotlight. everything quarless does X's 10. dont bring that quarless is faster than finley mess in here 40 time crap. 40 time means nothing when you have to evade players and run routes.

# 52 at23steelers @ 08/18/11 04:39 PM
Quote:
Players can have off days, as your numbers show, or they would be much closer. That doesn't make Finley slow. 4.66 vs 4.68. And those are just two times. I'd like to see all there 40 times. And 40 times are not in game fully padded times while your running routes.
That also doesn't mean Donny's are fully accurate either as proof that he will randomly give out 100 attribute ratings based on who the fans vote for.

# 53 at23steelers @ 08/18/11 04:53 PM
Quote:
I'm not saying Donny's are right or wrong. And I'm not even disputing that guys claim that Quarless is faster. I'm just disputing how much faster he things Quarless is. For some reason, he thinks Quarless gets good separation, and Finley can only out jump people.
So are you disputing that Quarless should be 82 speed and Finley 77 speed?

# 54 at23steelers @ 08/18/11 04:58 PM
Quote:
Yeah, I would dispute that. I don't think there is much difference between the two, and I really don't know which one has faster full pad game speed.

Why do you ask?
You said you were disputing "how much" faster he was, and I wasn't sure if you saw what speed he gave each player.

# 55 at23steelers @ 08/18/11 05:10 PM
Quote:
I think he gave each player this if I read his post correctly:

Which confuses me on how Finley just be a jump ball guy and Quarless has potential to get good separation.

I didn't see him rate Quarless at 82 and Finley at 77. I must have missed that. And I would dispute it.
He rates every player in the NFL at this site, which is also in his sig: www.fbgratings.com/members

# 56 suthrnthug @ 08/18/11 05:59 PM
If you guys don't think Finley is fast, you try covering him. I'm sure Detroit, Chicago, and Minnesota would appreciate the help.

He might not look fast on TV but keep in mind he is 6'5 240+ lbs. I haven't seen one LB/DB lock him down yet. That's my two cents.

Go Pack!

# 57 DCEBB2001 @ 08/18/11 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by genghisfrog
Combine #s? Come on man. These guys aren't all rookies now. People get faster and slower.

Should Finley be an 86 speed based on other TEs ratings? No. Is he faster than Quarless, yes.

So go research your combine numbers and I'll got by what I see on the field and that is Finley is faster than Quarless.
I even used the in-game 40s. Please provide some more evidence other than what you see on the field. I cannot take it seriously until you give me something to chew on.

# 58 DCEBB2001 @ 08/18/11 06:33 PM
Quote:
I did and I laugh at it. Griffin is a CB that could run a straight line, while the TE isn't running a straight line. He should catch him.
Griffin also came from the wide side of the field and had to cover a greater distance. You still think that Finley is faster than Driver?

# 59 Bellsprout @ 08/18/11 06:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
I gotta agree with Finley being too high. There are other TE out there who put up better season's than Finley's from two years ago. Cooley 87. Watson 83. Pettigrew 81. Miller 89. And you could argue that three of those guys didn't have the supporting cast and pass heavy offense that Finley was involved with.
Finley wasn't the full-time starter in 2009. He only started 10 games that year.

In other news, Kuhn's overall is 20 points too low.

# 60 DCEBB2001 @ 08/18/11 06:38 PM
Quote:
Players can have off days, as your numbers show, or they would be much closer. That doesn't make Finley slow. 4.66 vs 4.68. And those are just two times. I'd like to see all there 40 times. And 40 times are not in game fully padded times while your running routes.
No, but they do show the potential for top end speed. When the two ran on the same surface at Indy, Finley posted a 4.82 compared to a 4.68 by Quarless. Almost a 1.5 tenths slower. When they ran at the pro days, Quarles was STILL about a tench faster. When using the in-game 40 estimates, Quarless STILL grades as being faster. I offer all this hard evidence and still nobody can offer anything but opinion.

Here is an analysis from NFLDS, who powers my site. Please read the emboldened part from the Negatives on his scouting report:

Negatives: Marginal blocker who lacks the strength to anchor and gets too narrow in his base, allowing edge rushers to slip off his attempts to sustain (has some hip stiffness)...Also ineffective blocking in-line, as he lacks the lower-body strength to prevent bull rushers from pushing him back into the pocket (must do a better job of sliding his feet and using his hands, as his technique work and lack of power gets him in trouble)...Has minimal amount of starting experience and needs to mature, both physically and mentally before he can contribute at the next level...Has adequate timed speed, but does not show the second gear to separate after the catch...Has a decent short-area burst, but will need to add more bulk and strength, as he does not always generate good yardage after the catch (will try to break arm tackles rather than elude, as he is still trying to develop the savvy moves needed to get open consistently)...Will sometimes lean into or out of his breaks...Will "double catch" or trap the ball in a crowd, resulting in drops.

Does that sound to you like a TE deserving of WR speed at 86?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.