Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

These videos are also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

DaWolf has provided OS with 8 NBA 2K12 videos, he captured from his recent visit to Gamescom.

We'll be posting his NBA 2K12 impressions later today. Make sure you check out his website at http://www.nbagames.de/.

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 domidomdomz @ 08/18/11 07:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaWolf
Heard the demo will be out Sep 23rd - dont know for sure though.
If this turns out to be true, it would be earlier than the past 2 or 3 releases, right?

# 82 DurtySoufReppin @ 08/18/11 07:41 PM
Quote:
Yeah that was weird - it was exactly the same. Only difference being that you get a percentage after your shot on how good your release was.
That sounds like a new system to me..

Probably means all perfect releases do not go in

# 83 youvalss @ 08/18/11 07:48 PM
"Calf sleeves are fixed. Mission accomplished!"

# 84 ClevelandinDistress @ 08/18/11 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss

Hahaha I knew that would please you!

# 85 green94 @ 08/18/11 08:01 PM
Awesome Wolf... appreciate the videos.

Some things change, some stay the same.... the game looks incredible.

I really REALLY hope there is a dedicated bounce/lob pass button this year.

Wade's shot looks unreal.

# 86 slliMMills @ 08/18/11 08:12 PM
Cool to see in one of the videos, after Jason Kidd step out of bounds in front of the bench, he shot the ball after the whistle. And 2K has another winner...cuz even those bums couldnt make their game look bad. haha

# 87 TeddyKGB @ 08/18/11 08:13 PM
Really liked the lead pass in the second-last video. Liked the way the ball was moving freely and needed to be picked up. Saw a lot of new passing animations and, most importantly, more bounce-passes.

The player models look great and the dunking looks much more grounded and realistic.

Overall a really strong impression. Gotta pre-order ASAP.

# 88 deejay2 @ 08/18/11 08:16 PM
oh c'mon guys this game looks like Nba 2k11! Progress from year to year is really too slow! With this speed we will never see in our lives basketball game which will be like real thing. I feel weird becaue all you like this years game but I think we need to get 2k sports more critics and then they will maybe get us games with more improvements.

# 89 Da-Man @ 08/18/11 08:21 PM
meh.. the game looks good which means ill be playing non stop and wont have time to eat, sleep, take a dump etc. so i wont be buying it because of that.

# 90 LeBronistheKing @ 08/18/11 08:30 PM
Ya it seems like I might lose my whole social life when this game comes out. Can't wait till they release Legend gameplay, gonna be awesome to see the black and white Celtic vs Lakers footage. I'm hoping we won't see the 70s and 60s players dribbling between there legs and behind their backs with crazy size ups like todays players. I hope they have era specific ball handling it would just add that much more to the authenticity of the game mode.

# 91 TeddyKGB @ 08/18/11 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deejay2
oh c'mon guys this game looks like Nba 2k11! Progress from year to year is really too slow! With this speed we will never see in our lives basketball game which will be like real thing. I feel weird becaue all you like this years game but I think we need to get 2k sports more critics and then they will maybe get us games with more improvements.
Maybe they should scrap the entire engine and try to reinvent the wheel like EA did. #ohwait

# 92 Mr_Riddick @ 08/18/11 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss

I was squinting to try and see if the really did, but I guess they did so in happy to see proof..

# 93 elprez98 @ 08/18/11 08:37 PM
Quote:
Just wanted to say I dont want the game to be shown in a bad light or something by uploading the videos. I appreciate the opportunity to play the game at Gamescom and want it there every year I just know how enthusiastic you all are about the game and every piece of info (just like me) so I upload them backed upped by my impressions later.

Awesome stuff, sir. I look forward to this post every year.

# 94 LeBronistheKing @ 08/18/11 08:37 PM
Where is everyone getting that they fixed the calf sleeves? I cant tell in the video.

# 95 BodyBump @ 08/18/11 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBronistheKing
Where is everyone getting that they fixed the calf sleeves? I cant tell in the video.
I think it was in vid 6. Marion is wearing both calf sleeves and white socks. Does Wade wearing the half (?) calf sleeve in the video just like in real life?

# 96 spankdatazz22 @ 08/18/11 08:51 PM
That intro... wow

# 97 Mr_Riddick @ 08/18/11 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BodyBump
I think it was in vid 6. Marion is wearing both calf sleeves and white socks. Does Wade wearing the half (?) calf sleeve in the video just like in real life?
I just saw they did' now I can sleep tonight. Btw Wade is wearing the calf knee combo he wears. You can tell this game is going to be authentic right down to the socks' oh yeah, I'm pumped!

# 98 KyotoCarl @ 08/18/11 08:52 PM
Gotta say - DaWolf; you are the man! Great job in getting us these videos, just great!

Game looks awesome. Don't know what else to say. It feels like Christmas!

# 99 exposedaking @ 08/18/11 08:55 PM
i didnt see any skipping/walking up the court like 2k7-2k10,
i thought they were adding those? or were they taken out of the demo?

# 100 SouthBeach @ 08/18/11 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deejay2
Quote:
Am I the only one who doesn't really see a big difference in this game compared to last year? More canned animations and seems like very limited control over dribbling...again.
In reference to 2K10 vs the 2K11 demo from Gamescom 2010

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...omparison.html
A thread last year comparing 2K10 to 2K11

Result of most worries last year?

Quote:
...the unrivaled basketball video game franchise that sold over 5 million units last year and garnered over 20 ‘Sports Game of the Year’ accolades - Ronnie Singh
In other words, relax lol.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.