Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

These videos are also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

DaWolf has provided OS with 8 NBA 2K12 videos, he captured from his recent visit to Gamescom.

We'll be posting his NBA 2K12 impressions later today. Make sure you check out his website at http://www.nbagames.de/.

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 stillfeelme @ 08/18/11 08:59 PM
DaWolf,

Thanks for the vids man. The game is looking good. The spacing on the offense has been improved. I guess these are default settings but man the game plays at such a different pace much more realisitic and the animations are smoothed out. Although I didn't get to see a user fast break every fast break for the CPU occured as they natually happen, a turnover in video 4 and bad defense and shot in video 7.

# 102 coolcras7 @ 08/18/11 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by exposedaking
i didnt see any skipping/walking up the court like 2k7-2k10,
i thought they were adding those? or were they taken out of the demo?
That is because the guys playing turbo up the court the walk animation only happened if you slightly move the stick.

# 103 richmo @ 08/18/11 09:15 PM
Love how the ballhandler automatically turns back with the pressure from the defender. Reminds me of the 80s and 90s defense a bit.

On the presentation front, would love to see replays during or before a timeout. We've already got it between quarters. Lets make it happen!

# 104 KyotoCarl @ 08/18/11 09:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
That intro... wow
Yes! That's just amazing. Imagine when you've invested a season in association mode and you go up against a rival team and that intro plays featuring your star and the rival's star. Just... wow!

# 105 stillfeelme @ 08/18/11 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DurtySoufReppin
That sounds like a new system to me..

Probably means all perfect releases do not go in

Yeah Beluba from VC commented that they were working on a new freethrow system that does that exactly . So it would be a balance of knowing the release and ratings.

# 106 LM1213 @ 08/18/11 09:42 PM
great job wolf. I noticed that I didn't see any passes that the player magically caught without looking. It looks like they stepped up the awareness. in 2k11 it's like they knew the ball was coming and caught it without looking.

Also I didn't notice, but do the steals the computer gets feel cheap? last year they had an uncanny ability to know where the ball was without looking. They would get steals with their backs turned..has that been fixed up? game looks great, cant wait.

# 107 deejay2 @ 08/18/11 09:44 PM
Movement is stil faaaaar away from real. At some point player don't move and in the next milisecond he turns and get move very fast. Movement it's far from smooth and I don't know why 2k don't fix this. If they did not do changes in graphic in the past few years why they don't fix that kind of problems!?

I can show you example what disturbing me a lot. Look this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3jv0IF9n6A) at 0:44. Look Jason Kidd. First he sprint and than in the milisecond he don't move at all... Don't know why 2k sports don't fix this... The will fix this in year 2030 or what?

# 108 mlp111 @ 08/18/11 09:48 PM
thos videos look crazy real, body types cleaned up, passing looks great, movement looks life-like real, can't wait for this game, just amazing looking and its a old build, going to surpass 2k

# 109 GSWFan @ 08/18/11 09:49 PM
Is the "stand still" post up from 2k9 back??

0:36 in Video 2..

# 110 coolcras7 @ 08/18/11 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deejay2
Movement is stil faaaaar away from real. At some point player don't move and in the next milisecond he turns and get move very fast. Movement it's far from smooth and I don't know why 2k don't fix this. If they did not do changes in graphic in the past few years why they don't fix that kind of problems!?

I can show you example what disturbing me a lot. Look this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3jv0IF9n6A) at 0:44. Look Jason Kidd. First he sprint and than in the milisecond he don't move at all... Don't know why 2k sports don't fix this... The will fix this in year 2030 or what?
not sure of you are trying to be a troll or that you honestly have issues with the videos, everyone of your comments have been 100 percent negative, you have the right to your opinion but it has already been said that this not the final product so relax.

# 111 Starwipe @ 08/18/11 09:56 PM
All looks cool. Now can 2K finally put elbow sweat bands in the game?! It can't be that hard. Now that Penny is going to be in the game it's a must. Hell, it should have been a must with Jordan!

# 112 mlp111 @ 08/18/11 10:09 PM
looks incredible, everything is just amazing!! 2k12 hype train for me has begun, can't wait!

# 113 Slava Medvadenko @ 08/18/11 10:09 PM
The passing is quicker. 2K11 had too many 'passed the ball one second after you press the button' animations where defenders had plenty of time to get in position to pick off the pass. Also passes downcourt for fastbreaks now look like they are lobbed over the d more often instead of a straight pass.

# 114 Mr_Riddick @ 08/18/11 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BodyBump
I think it was in vid 6. Marion is wearing both calf sleeves and white socks. Does Wade wearing the half (?) calf sleeve in the video just like in real life?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwipe
All looks cool. Now can 2K finally put elbow sweat bands in the game?! It can't be that hard. Now that Penny is going to be in the game it's a must. Hell, it should have been a must with Jordan!
Look at bosh's sweatband? Kinda looks like it to me.

# 115 KyotoCarl @ 08/18/11 11:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deejay2

It's a video game, they can't mimic real life 100%.

Animations and movement look even smoother than last year and I had no problem with the looks of players movements in 2K11.

# 116 coolcras7 @ 08/18/11 11:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by womalee23
Look at bosh's sweatband? Kinda looks like it to me.
around 1:43 of video 6 you can see a close up of Bosh and he is clearly wearing one, it is not on the elbow but right below, might be an issue having it directly on the elbow and having it flex correctly.

# 117 da ThRONe @ 08/18/11 11:52 PM
Yeah I would like to see 2K fix a lot of the herky jerky movement. Responsiveness seems like it will continue to be a problem this year. Other than that everything looks much better in all the weak areas last year.

# 118 ClevelandinDistress @ 08/19/11 12:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
Yeah I would like to see 2K fix a lot of the herky jerky movement. Responsiveness seems like it will continue to be a problem this year. Other than that everything looks much better in all the weak areas last year.
Responsiveness was a problem for you? Did you play NBA 2K10 and NBA 2K9? It was miles ahead of those. Secondly, was your controller plugged in?

# 119 illwill10 @ 08/19/11 12:08 AM
(Noob/Dumb Statements) I dont know if it was stated:
I hope the animation where you run full sprint with a strong fast player towards the paint and then a defender slides in front of you and you bounce back. I also hope that defensive sliding is reduced

# 120 coolcras7 @ 08/19/11 12:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
(Noob/Dumb Statements) I dont know if it was stated:
I hope the animation where you run full sprint with a strong fast player towards the paint and then a defender slides in front of you and you bounce back. I also hope that defensive sliding is reduced
not a dumb statement 2k claims that this year they have a physics based system where player weight plays a greater role in situations like that in one video Lebron runs over a butler and get a lay-up maybe a charge or a foul should have been called but maybe this is an example of what you are looking for.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.