Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

Most of us want Charles Barkley in NBA 2K12. Unfortunately, he wasn't announced as one of NBA 2K12's greatests. On Monday, we should find out why.

Quote:
Reading between the lines, it appeared that Barkley, like the Indiana Pacers' great Reggie Miller (polling No. 5 five on that vote), couldn't come to an agreement with 2K Sports over the use of his likeness, last year or this year. Whatever's going on, either he wants too much money, wants a cover or other promotional considerations 2K can't afford or grant.

Or he objects to second-billing under some other star from a cast of dozens highlighting this game. Or, conversely, one of Barkley's old rivals refuses to appear in a game with him. Or, maybe, he signed a Rumplestiltskenian deal with the makers of Barkley: Shut Up and Jam promising them his firstborn if he appeared in another game.

Source - The Curious Case of Charles Barkley, and NBA 2K12 (Kotaku)

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Mr_Riddick @ 08/19/11 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
I'm sure the Roster makers here at OS could care less' lol.

# 2 SouthBeach @ 08/19/11 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
I think it's a mixture of all of the above.

# 3 Eman5805 @ 08/19/11 10:37 PM
I can see that coming from Barkley, but Miller too? Sadly, don't know much about him other than being one of the best shooters I've ever seen in my youth.

# 4 eDotd @ 08/19/11 10:38 PM
Haha, guess we'll have to wait until Monday then.

Someone seriously needs to ask Barkley about this during his Ask Charles/Chuck segments on TNT. I would love to hear what he has to say.

# 5 hokupguy @ 08/19/11 10:40 PM
Lets hope he was in deep talks kinda like Greg Ostertag , Antoin Carr , Pat Riley, Mike Frotello and who ever handling Duckworth and Chuck Daliy trust. They are all hidden on the pc and 360 disc. Seems those were in the talk and then broke off. But the got on to the disc anyway. Maybe we can hope for this for Barkley and maybe others.

# 6 SouthBeach @ 08/19/11 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eDotd
Haha, guess we'll have to wait until Monday then.

Someone seriously needs to ask Barkley about this during his Ask Charles/Chuck segments on TNT. I would love to hear what he has to say.

"2K didn't have enough money to give me. Now, I MAY be wrong, but I doubt it. Stay outta my business, knucklehead!"

# 7 Goffs @ 08/19/11 10:49 PM
cool something to look forward to on Monday

# 8 exposedaking @ 08/19/11 11:25 PM
screw chuck...hes the one missing out, he could be making more money to buy cupcakes and twinkies......

# 9 Shakedowncapo @ 08/19/11 11:28 PM
Hard to sign someone who wants to be paid like Jordan but isn't. There's nothing more to the story.

# 10 ClevelandinDistress @ 08/19/11 11:29 PM
WrestlingGod mentioned this in another thread.

Good thing I read this official Insight. I would have thought Barkley is in the game because according to CBSSports, Barkley WILL be in the game.

... "Barkley and other top-50 players like Elgin Baylor, Shaquille O'Neal, Pete Maravich, Clyde Drexler, David Robinson, Earl Monroe and Walt Frazier will be available as players on the opposing teams facing off against the legends in a series of "NBA's Greatest" rivalry games. Barkley will appear as a member of Dr. J's 76ers and a young O'Neal will be on the 1994-1995 Orlando Magic..".

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/e...48484/31418633

Could there be a Big announcement coming Monday! Maybe 2K is Teasing us and will reveal him. Just got to wait and see!

# 11 Steve_OS @ 08/19/11 11:31 PM
Use a tinyurl link ClevelandinDistress. I can't get to that link.

# 12 qpc123 @ 08/19/11 11:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandinDistress
WrestlingGod mentioned this in another thread.

Good thing I read this official Insight. I would have thought Barkley is in the game because according to CBSSports, Barkley WILL be in the game.

... "Barkley and other top-50 players like Elgin Baylor, Shaquille O'Neal, Pete Maravich, Clyde Drexler, David Robinson, Earl Monroe and Walt Frazier will be available as players on the opposing teams facing off against the legends in a series of "NBA's Greatest" rivalry games. Barkley will appear as a member of Dr. J's 76ers and a young O'Neal will be on the 1994-1995 Orlando Magic..".

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/e...48484/31418633

Could there be a Big announcement coming Monday! Maybe 2K is Teasing us and will reveal him. Just got to wait and see!
That link sent me to a PAGE NOT FOUND page with no info, did they pull it down or is the link bad?

# 13 Steve_OS @ 08/19/11 11:41 PM
http://eye-on-basketball.blogs.cbssp...48484/31418633

Quote:
As Kotaku.com notes, Barkley and other top-50 players like Elgin Baylor, Shaquille O'Neal, Pete Maravich, Clyde Drexler, David Robinson, Earl Monroe and Walt Frazier will be available as players on the opposing teams facing off against the legends in a series of "NBA's Greatest" rivalry games. Barkley will appear as a member of Dr. J's 76ers and a young O'Neal will be on the 1994-1995 Orlando Magic.
Early in the article he actually complains about Barkley not being in. I checked the Kotaku article and there is no mention. We'll just wait for Monday, LOL.

# 14 qpc123 @ 08/20/11 12:07 AM
Either way who ever wrote the article screwed up.

A) Barkley is in and gave away a huge reveal that 2k is hiding for so reason (this seems unlikely to me but you never know)

or

B) Barkley isn't in and he is misleading a lot of potential consumers, remember this may be the only news article that some people read involving the "Greatest Mode" for 2k12.

Hopefully Monday will bring us an explanation for the confusion. Personally I don't think that CBS would the first choice for 2k to release such an announcement so I go with option B.

# 15 DubTrey1 @ 08/20/11 12:15 AM
This is turrrible Ernie.... seriously, as long as we have some greats to mess around with - the novelty wears off and the real fun is to be had with the current players IMO...

# 16 SLD123 @ 08/20/11 12:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthBeach
"2K didn't have enough money to give me. Now, I MAY be wrong, but I doubt it. Stay outta my business, knucklehead!"
Lol...you a fool..that ish had me rollin

# 17 VDusen04 @ 08/20/11 12:58 AM
This article pretty much summed up my exact thoughts on the matter. I can explain away every other classic squad being offered this year, but no Barkley makes the inclusion of the '85 Sixers kind of mysterious. As they said, if no Barkley, then why not use the '83 championship team instead? And I agree with you guys, it would be nice to hear Barkley's take on this matter firsthand.

# 18 Goffs @ 08/20/11 01:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
This article pretty much summed up my exact thoughts on the matter. I can explain away every other classic squad being offered this year, but no Barkley makes the inclusion of the '85 Sixers kind of mysterious. As they said, if no Barkley, then why not use the '83 championship team instead? And I agree with you guys, it would be nice to hear Barkley's take on this matter firsthand.
agreed...its very suspicious...brb gonna put on my conspiracy hat

what if Barkley told 2k that they can have him under one condition and that condition is that he should be put in as a rookie...

why didn't 2k release the trailer about the legends today? could it be that a certain player will show up in the end of that trailer?

lol fun...in reality though he's not in...i hope the CAP system got an upgrade so i can just add the round mound of rebound in the game

# 19 23 @ 08/20/11 01:45 AM
I really don't think Chuck cares what a bunch of videogame fans on a message boars think honestly.

It's just a videogame.

I know he let us down but still its not going to affect his current cash flow

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

# 20 eko718 @ 08/20/11 02:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Agreed. I feel the same way about the article. Those team selections are curious and other team ommisions are also curious...ie: 97-98 Lakers sans Van Exel when any of the 2000-03 Lakers championship teams could have been included instead, not lacking for any / lacking for less significant players.

« Previous123456Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.