Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

Most of us want Charles Barkley in NBA 2K12. Unfortunately, he wasn't announced as one of NBA 2K12's greatests. On Monday, we should find out why.

Quote:
Reading between the lines, it appeared that Barkley, like the Indiana Pacers' great Reggie Miller (polling No. 5 five on that vote), couldn't come to an agreement with 2K Sports over the use of his likeness, last year or this year. Whatever's going on, either he wants too much money, wants a cover or other promotional considerations 2K can't afford or grant.

Or he objects to second-billing under some other star from a cast of dozens highlighting this game. Or, conversely, one of Barkley's old rivals refuses to appear in a game with him. Or, maybe, he signed a Rumplestiltskenian deal with the makers of Barkley: Shut Up and Jam promising them his firstborn if he appeared in another game.

Source - The Curious Case of Charles Barkley, and NBA 2K12 (Kotaku)

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 Grazz1 @ 08/27/11 06:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superbone
See, that's the problem. I'm a PS3 only user too. Are there any talented PS3 roster makers out there?
No old games to trade in...? You can pick up a 360 here in the UK for $100 at a trade place, couple of old games and cash and there you go...

# 102 CD90 @ 08/27/11 08:54 AM
Quote:
See, that's the problem. I'm a PS3 only user too. Are there any talented PS3 roster makers out there?
I know that qpc123 wants to create some rosters.
I will also create two for NBA 2k12.
95/96 and 00/01 season.
Players attributes,tendencies, hotspots and coach profiles for 95/96 are the ones portlandblazer had in 2k11 (maybe minor changes here and ther) Used the reditor to got them. So this roster should play right, anyway my faces won't be looking as good as his.
Same with 00/01 which i created for NBA 2k11 on xbox (based on pb's 99/00 version).
But it will take some time till the rosters will be out.

# 103 dcf360 @ 08/27/11 10:10 AM
Has no one seen the latest trailer that shows Barkley dunking the ball & pumping his dust a he jogs down court in his Houston rockets uniform? I also noticed in the same video the Jordan on Iverson matchup where AI Crosses MJ up twice that 76ers team isn't mentioned as an available team......? hmm the plot thickens I think 2k if holding back on fine additional news.

# 104 madmax17 @ 08/27/11 04:16 PM
And what game was Chuck in? Ever since I remember he was always the 'loner', never in Live or 2k, Jordan was in Live with the Wizards (famous Jahadi White push "god damn it MJ, pay attention when the coach is talking how many times.. ) and in 2k, I remember there were problems with Jabbar (who is not a peoples person) but he was also in that game from 95 or so and now he is in 2k12, I mean it's always Chuck.

If the biggest superstar like MJ can make a deal than Chuck, or his management, should lower the bar or something, I didn't wanna go there but he never won a ring.

A shame, I'd rather see Chuck than Ewing.

# 105 Control-X @ 08/28/11 10:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax17
And what game was Chuck in? Ever since I remember he was always the 'loner', never in Live or 2k, Jordan was in Live with the Wizards (famous Jahadi White push "god damn it MJ, pay attention when the coach is talking how many times.. ) and in 2k, I remember there were problems with Jabbar (who is not a peoples person) but he was also in that game from 95 or so and now he is in 2k12, I mean it's always Chuck.

If the biggest superstar like MJ can make a deal than Chuck, or his management, should lower the bar or something, I didn't wanna go there but he never won a ring.

A shame, I'd rather see Chuck than Ewing.
There were many games where Chuck was in and I still have some of them. He was in the first NBA endorsed game entitled 'Lakers v Celtics and the NBA playoffs' as a Sixer. He also was in the Olympic-themed 'Team USA Basketball'. He's most notable in the first NBA Jam released in 1993. I loved playing as Chuck there considering that he was really a beast in the year 1993. He also has an exclusive game starring only himself, Barkley Shut Up and Jam!, it even has a sequel but I never played those lame ones lol
I played NBA Live games when 2K wasn't yet around. Charles Barkley made his first "official" appearance with the series in NBA Live 98. It was an old fat 'n slow Chuck playing for the old Houston Rockets along with other too old folks Hakeem and Clyde.
Barkley retired in 2000 but he still appeared in NBA Live 2001 (the last Live game he's in). I'm not sure if he also was in NBA 2K or 2K1.

Barkley should make a blasting comeback in basketball video games for old time's sake. He's been absent for too long and I'm aching to pit him against Michael Jordan in today's awesome consoles. It would be a heart breaker if he still wouldn't make himself available for 2K13 (rumored to be MJ's final appearance).

# 106 adonis04 @ 08/28/11 11:58 PM
I hope and wish in Nba 2k13 they could add all the legend available in Nba Live 2000 plus the ones they already have in Nba 2k12, that would be perfect. Have signature shots, dribble and more for the most popular legends such as Hakeem, Kareem, Bird, Magic, Dr J, etc.

# 107 amra01 @ 08/29/11 05:19 AM
barkley was in 2k2 for dreamcast in sixers uniform he was also in 2k6 or 2k7 he was in both 90's and 80's teams in the 80's team his younger version had some hair and a mustache

# 108 Control-X @ 08/30/11 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amra01
barkley was in 2k2 for dreamcast in sixers uniform he was also in 2k6 or 2k7 he was in both 90's and 80's teams in the 80's team his younger version had some hair and a mustache
Wow I never thought he was in these 2K games. My first 2K game is 2K9 and I had no idea Barkley was even in them previous issues. Thanks for the info bro

# 109 sportjames23 @ 08/30/11 11:03 PM
The last game Charles was in was 2K6.

C'mon, Chuck. Work with us here. We want you back in video games. More specifically, we want you in future NBA 2K games.

# 110 ashamael @ 08/30/11 11:51 PM
It makes me sad, but I'll just have to create him and replay his career that way.

# 111 JustSteve @ 08/31/11 03:16 AM
Go to Chuck's web page and ask him why he's not in 2K12. If enough of us ask him, maybe he'll tell us why. I just did.

http://charlesbarkley.com/email-your...ns-to-charles/

# 112 Colts18 @ 08/31/11 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd@os
Here's my suggestion...instead of rewarding someone a trillion dollars for throwing a perfect game in MLB 2K, they should have just stolen that money from the baseball department and given it to Chuck. Problem solved.
I actually like that idea

# 113 mreyes930 @ 08/31/11 11:56 AM
Quote:
Go to Chuck's web page and ask him why he's not in 2K12. If enough of us ask him, maybe he'll tell us why. I just did.

The intro to his website kinda tells exactly why he's not in 2K12. "It's all me, all the time" He probably requested that the game be called Barkley 2K12.

# 114 Goffs @ 08/31/11 12:00 PM

# 115 Control-X @ 09/01/11 04:20 AM
Chuck has this huge pride in himself but that's what made him a 'colorful' person that he is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mreyes930
The intro to his website kinda tells exactly why he's not in 2K12. "It's all me, all the time" He probably requested that the game be called Barkley 2K12.
Yeah. As if he's not already satisfied with his "Barkley Shut Up And Jam!" exclusives before

# 116 Control-X @ 09/01/11 04:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
I literally rolled on the floor laughing @ this vid. Seems realistic. Maybe this is the reason why he won't be in them video games no more. ahaha

Don't worry Chuck. In 2K12 or 2K13, we will make you JAM! like the way you want it with your ol' Phoenix Suns '93 team in your young, most powerful prime self. JUST MAKE YOURSELF AVAILABLE IN THE GAME, SIR. PLEASE.

# 117 Control-X @ 09/02/11 12:21 AM
Quote:

It's a nice try. We're lucky if he can read our message. That fat fool doesn't answer back, for sure lol. I can tell Chuck always gets bombarded with questions and anything on his site any day, but I doubt he replies them personally.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.