Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

Check out the new NBA 2K12 screenshot.

This screenshot feature takes a look at the match-ups of the NBA's Greatest. This one showcases Michael Jordan's NBA's Greatest Game:

1992-93 Bulls: B.J. Armstrong, Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen, Horace Grant, Bill Cartwright, Scott Williams, John Paxson, Rodney McCray, Stacey King, Will Perdue, Ed Nealy

1992-93 Hornets: Muggsy Bogues, Kendall Gill, David Wingate, Larry Johnson, Alonzo Mourning, Dell Curry, Johnny Newman, Kenny Gattison, Tony Bennett, Sidney Green, Kevin Lynch

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 mymannemcee @ 08/28/11 09:22 PM
Zo looks PERFECT.

Bulls don't look very changed, maybe a new facial model on BJ...

Where is Muggsy's little mustache?

# 2 VDusen04 @ 08/28/11 09:27 PM
I'm not sure we ever see player teeth in 2K, but how cool would this be:

Also, these have to be two of the fullest classic rosters in the game. J.R. Reid and/or Mike Gminski is missing on Charlotte's side but both of those guys played a small amount of games that year according to research. Trent Tucker's absence has been talked about for Chicago but again, his likeness was pretty darn well recreated in 2K11. The created version of Tucker is definitely awesome enough to make ends meet.

# 3 KyotoCarl @ 08/28/11 09:29 PM
Awesome! Yeah, Zo looks perfect and BJ looks better.

I hope the poses will be more varied when the game is released.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=59.335032,18.022282

# 4 The 24th Letter @ 08/28/11 09:30 PM
Queen City stand up!

gonna be fun playin with these guys...

# 5 SouthBeach @ 08/28/11 09:30 PM
Man, it is gonna be a trip playing with Muggsy, Zo, and GrandmaMa.

# 6 VDusen04 @ 08/28/11 09:40 PM
Alright, so I'm pretty sure I've mentioned my 1996 NBA Encyclopedia CD-ROM on this site once or twice already. This used to be one of my favorite clips from the disc. It's grainy, but it's full of goodness. The P.A. announcer and the entire second highlight sums up that Hornets era perfectly for me.

ELLLLLLLLLL JAYYYYYYYYY (from Muggsy Bogues!)

I usually just replay from 13 seconds on forward over and over again.

Also, over/under on number of steps taken before Dell released that ball? 17?

# 7 KyotoCarl @ 08/28/11 09:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
I'm not sure we ever see player teeth in 2K, but how cool would this be:

Also, these have to be two of the fullest classic rosters in the game. J.R. Reid and/or Mike Gminski is missing on Charlotte's side but both of those guys played a small amount of games that year according to research. Trent Tucker's absence has been talked about for Chicago but again, his likeness was pretty darn well recreated in 2K11. The created version of Tucker is definitely awesome enough to make ends meet.
You can see the players' teeth in 2K11.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=59.335058,18.022314

# 8 VDusen04 @ 08/28/11 09:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
You can see the players' teeth in 2K11.
Then I want the gold.

# 9 KyotoCarl @ 08/28/11 09:52 PM
Quote:
Then I want the gold.

Yeah, forget about lebron's headband, LJ's gold tooth is a must!

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=59.335010,18.022350

# 10 VDusen04 @ 08/28/11 09:56 PM
I'm not expecting a whole lot of signature animations coming from the Hornets, as they're just opposing team classic fodder for the '93 Bulls in a way, but wouldn't Larry Johnson be a fun one to really dig in and re-create. It's going to be awesome using them as is, but signature post-dunk celebrations for Kemp and LJ would be next level.

(language)

# 11 The 24th Letter @ 08/28/11 09:57 PM
Yep, word to Spud Webb...

Muggsy is that dude though...you stay in Charlotte at least an hour and youll run into him...lol

# 12 KyotoCarl @ 08/28/11 09:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshPrince22
lol muggsy bogues is gonna be so useless in this game. outside of long jumpers, players under 6'2" get blocked constantly in 2K
Yeah I guess we have to play with him how he played in real life. What I've seen he didn't shoot much. He mostly penetrated and kick it out or just passed it. From my recollection of course.

I have some games from the 95 playoffs between the Bulls and Hornets. Gonna do some research!

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=59.335010,18.022253

# 13 Sinner @ 08/28/11 10:06 PM
Quote:
I'm not expecting a whole lot of signature animations coming from the Hornets, as they're just opposing team classic fodder for the '93 Bulls in a way, but wouldn't Larry Johnson be a fun one to really dig in and re-create. It's going to be awesome using them as is, but signature post-dunk celebrations for Kemp and LJ would be next level.

(language)

Can't wait to play with these Hornets, it is going to be fun...and LJ was a beast before the injuries and he got older. Was one of my favorites to see play..guy looked like he could play football. Would love to see some of his signature celebrations.

# 14 JohnDoe8865 @ 08/28/11 10:22 PM
Quote:
Alright, so I'm pretty sure I've mentioned my 1996 NBA Encyclopedia CD-ROM on this site once or twice already. This used to be one of my favorite clips from the disc. It's grainy, but it's full of goodness. The P.A. announcer and the entire second highlight sums up that Hornets era perfectly for me.

ELLLLLLLLLL JAYYYYYYYYY (from Muggsy Bogues!)

I usually just replay from 13 seconds on forward over and over again.

Also, over/under on number of steps taken before Dell released that ball? 17?
God I forgot how much I missed the old arena sounds in the Charlotte Coliseum. It brings back so many memories. That little swoosh type sound after LJ dunks it from Mugsy. I used to LOVE to hear that!

I know it's probably not a realistic hope, but if they somehow get that little sound effect in on CHA's home court I'll be in heaven..

# 15 VDusen04 @ 08/28/11 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDoe8865
God I forgot how much I missed the old arena sounds in the Charlotte Coliseum. It brings back so many memories. That little swoosh type sound after LJ dunks it from Mugsy. I used to LOVE to hear that!

I know it's probably not a realistic hope, but if they somehow get that little sound effect in on CHA's home court I'll be in heaven..
Yep, awesome atmosphere. It was all a part of the show. I think arenas had to be dialed down a notch at one point in the 90's. I seem to recall other places like Orlando also having loud obnoxious sounds coming over the P.A. and I swear the NBA mandated a decibel limit on that type of stuff.

# 16 JohnDoe8865 @ 08/28/11 10:28 PM
Quote:

(language)

Another great flashback. Larry Johnson was by far my favorite player on that squad, even though I love Mugsy's heart and Zo's combination of technical skill and smoothness at his size. Larry was just beastly. One of those guys you just had to watch to see what he was gonna do out there.

It broke my heart the day I found out that he hurt his back. LJ could never re-gain his explosiveness and became a jump shooter. That eventually led to his trade to the Knicks and the rest is history. As a youngster in the NBA though, it seemed like his potential was unlimited at the time.

# 17 RedPhazon8 @ 08/28/11 10:43 PM
Liking the amount of players for each team, should be great to play as these teams.

# 18 23 @ 08/28/11 10:49 PM
Too bad there is no Kelly Tripucka

I remember MJ embarrasing him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=&feature=player_embedded

# 19 juicey79 @ 08/28/11 10:53 PM
Larry Johnson was then what Blake Griffin is today. Like Dr. Dre song "explosive" LJ was a force of nature.

# 20 23 @ 08/28/11 10:58 PM
Larry Johnson was a more well rounded player than Blake Griffin

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.