Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

Check out the new NBA 2K12 screenshot.

This screenshot feature takes a look at the match-ups of the NBA's Greatest. This one showcases Michael Jordan's NBA's Greatest Game:

1992-93 Bulls: B.J. Armstrong, Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen, Horace Grant, Bill Cartwright, Scott Williams, John Paxson, Rodney McCray, Stacey King, Will Perdue, Ed Nealy

1992-93 Hornets: Muggsy Bogues, Kendall Gill, David Wingate, Larry Johnson, Alonzo Mourning, Dell Curry, Johnny Newman, Kenny Gattison, Tony Bennett, Sidney Green, Kevin Lynch

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 VDusen04 @ 08/28/11 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Too bad there is no Kelly Tripucka

I remember MJ embarrasing him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=&feature=player_embedded
I couldn't get your link to work but yes, that's one of my favorite Jordan dunks of all-time. I remember thinking his NBA Street Vol. 2 signature slam was a carbon copy of the Tripucka dunk.

# 22 23 @ 08/28/11 11:01 PM
Thanks.. had a hard time finding it lol

That's it though

# 23 JohnDoe8865 @ 08/28/11 11:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Larry Johnson was a more well rounded player than Blake Griffin
People who didn't see LJ play at the time will surely scoff at the notion, but it's so true. He had a pretty good jump-shot with some range. He was a tenacious shot blocker. He rebounded the ball with more consistency. He affected both sides of the floor O and D. He was also a really good passer for his size.

There is a reason he was the no-brainer No. 1 OVR pick in the 92 draft.

# 24 LingeringRegime @ 08/28/11 11:04 PM
This just made my evening. Charlotte Hornets 1988 till infinity.................

# 25 LingeringRegime @ 08/28/11 11:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
I couldn't get your link to work but yes, that's one of my favorite Jordan dunks of all-time. I remember thinking his NBA Street Vol. 2 signature slam was a carbon copy of the Tripucka dunk.

I was at that game.

# 26 youvalss @ 08/28/11 11:08 PM
Larry Johnson in the 1992 dunk contest... His dunks weren't amazing, but I loved the POWER! He had a nice style, was definitely fun to watch.

# 27 Gramps91 @ 08/28/11 11:09 PM
Man, can't wait to use Muggsy. Got to love that little guy. I remember back in my N64 days on NBA Jam 2000 that had franchise mode. Probably one of the first. I spent hours playing that game. Muggsy was my starting point guard most of the time. I just loved using him he's so short lol

# 28 JohnDoe8865 @ 08/28/11 11:19 PM
Mugsy was a great regular season player. I'll always remember though, how in the playoffs the opposing team would sag off him , to the point of leaving him almost unguarded daring him to shoot the ball from any distance. It seemed like 5 on 4 sometimes when the better teams realized Bogues didn't have anything near a consistent shot.

Still love all of those guys that year. I wish the Boston team from the upset series was included. Most excited I've ever been for an NBA game was Zo hitting a 20 ft jump-shot to win the game and the series.

# 29 The 24th Letter @ 08/28/11 11:22 PM
Blake and Larry is a pretty good comparison....especially after their first season...

Larrys game really opened up after his back injury...

# 30 BiggD @ 08/28/11 11:25 PM
All day with LJ!!!! i'm so pumped to have the hornets in the game, i would watch NBA jam session as a kid everyday just to get my Grandmama fix

# 31 VDusen04 @ 08/28/11 11:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDoe8865
Mugsy was a great regular season player. I'll always remember though, how in the playoffs the opposing team would sag off him , to the point of leaving him almost unguarded daring him to shoot the ball from any distance. It seemed like 5 on 4 sometimes when the better teams realized Bogues didn't have anything near a consistent shot.

Still love all of those guys that year. I wish the Boston team from the upset series was included. Most excited I've ever been for an NBA game was Zo hitting a 20 ft jump-shot to win the game and the series.
Awesome, awesome moment.

# 32 JohnDoe8865 @ 08/28/11 11:40 PM
Watch the last 7 minutes or so of the game. The Hornets, so young, start to unravel and look like they might give this one away, sending it back to Boston for Game 5. Watch a crowd living and dying on every possession. What how close Boston actually comes to winning it with the alley-oop to Dee Brown with .4 seconds left... Amazing stuff.

# 33 waytofailself @ 08/28/11 11:51 PM
Cool that it's in there, but really hurts to see.

**** George Shinn.

# 34 aloncho11 @ 08/29/11 12:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshPrince22
lol muggsy bogues is gonna be so useless in this game. outside of long jumpers, players under 6'2" get blocked constantly in 2K
Don't underestimate Muggsy. Maybe that block issue will not be in 2K12

He was one of the fastest, if not the fastest, players in the NBA (John Wall NBA 2k standards) and he was 2nd in assists (behind Stockton) and top 10 in steals.

P.S. Scottie Pippen's face looks as generic as a "MyPlayer"

# 35 coolcras7 @ 08/29/11 12:37 AM
I remember owning a pair of LJ shoes blue suede, definitely going to love playing with them.

# 36 Humble_Thyself @ 08/29/11 03:07 AM

# 37 Control-X @ 08/29/11 03:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
Yeah, forget about lebron's headband, LJ's gold tooth is a must!
LOL

I love this Hornets trio. Gonna be fun to play! I think this is their best year being together 1992-93, LJ was the main machine here. I remember him leading the league in minutes in the '93 season. A very young Zo + Muggsy swift as **** lol! I'm glad 2K included them in 2k12

# 38 donkey33 @ 08/29/11 04:37 AM
Can not wait to run with Zo and the Hornets. Just can't wait.

# 39 Goffs @ 08/29/11 06:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDoe8865
Watch the last 7 minutes or so of the game. The Hornets, so young, start to unravel and look like they might give this one away, sending it back to Boston for Game 5. Watch a crowd living and dying on every possession. What how close Boston actually comes to winning it with the alley-oop to Dee Brown with .4 seconds left... Amazing stuff.

man the atmosphere...here's hoping that 2k captured that

# 40 SoulAssassin @ 08/29/11 08:59 AM
just wanna say that this Hornets team with LJ and Zo was probably my favorite team to watch when I was a kid... I even owned a pair of LJ's hideous converse and wore them proudly. lol.

Really looking forward to playing with these guys. thank you 2k.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.