Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

The NCAA Football 12 title update #2 has made it through internal certification and waiting on approval from Sony/Microsoft.

According to EA, the update is hitting a bit later than expected to address a few additional stability issues that will improve the experience.

No other details have been released, but we'll update this topic when it happens.

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 bad_philanthropy @ 08/30/11 09:40 AM
I'm wondering if the additions to the patch only have to do with stability issues or if other aspects of the game were cleaned up as well.

# 102 Armor and Sword @ 08/30/11 10:02 AM
This is great news. I am already enjoying the game immensely. So this will tighten things up, fix the roster bug (and I will start my dynasty all over and create half a dozen of my prized recruits to go after again...and land!). I don't mind starting over....that is how much fun I have had with this game. For me NCAA 12 is a minimum 2 year cycle keeper for me. Madden 12 will be the same.

I have read so many complaints about the freezing bugs. I did not realize how bad it has been for so many OS'ers. Like I have posted, I have had the game freeze on me in my dynasty hub 4 times total. I have never had a game freeze during an actual game. So I can really understand the game being unplayable due to that freezing issue. I have been very fortunate in that regard.

No doubt the stability issues are being addressed on this big patch. Knowing this will probably be the last patch for this title I am glad EA is taking the extra time it needed to make sure it covered major warts.

Of course we all hope it does not trigger something else....and I hope some live tuners can address some gameplay flaws on defense (safety play) which may not have been addressed with this patch and of which have been well documented here in the community. I would love to throw out my house rule of going deep once per quarter ( it has worked out well as I have not hit that deep pass 100%).

Anyway.....good times ahead for NCAA 12.

# 103 PaperBoyx703 @ 08/30/11 10:07 AM
If this patch turns out to be a bust, or make matters worse I will stay far far away from this forum bc the constant negativity that will erupt will make me hate the game even more. I'll try to maintain my sanity and tolerance if this happens.

# 104 K0ZZ @ 08/30/11 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WazzuRC
How are people "buying the game early?" They are buying it on release date. Why should we "wait" for major features to become playable before enjoying the game? This isn't lack of dreads or field degradation or whatever. The game freezes, constantly. Online/offline dynasties, Play Now, etc. Add to the transfer fails in Online Dynasty and why should the consumer wait to enjoy the product and the features that the developer touts, just because the developer can't get their **** together?

If this was a new feature, I might be able to understand a little more. But this feature has worked by-and-large perfectly fine for the past two years and now is completely broken at the moment.
I'm assuming by early he means around the release date instead of waiting like so many people claim they will do.

And on the tuners, they are patching it before a tuner comes out, and I rather have it that way. Imagine if they tuned something then the patch broke it. Forums would be filled.

# 105 Kingpin 510 @ 08/30/11 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVinylHippo
LMAO. A FEW stability issues? More likes hundreds
Haha.. OH SNAP!

# 106 Td1984 @ 08/30/11 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WazzuRC
While I'm disappointed that it's taken this long to see a patch finally released, I'm okay with it as long as it addresses all the major issues with the game (tendencies, OD problems, freezing, etc.).

However, there is ZERO excuse why we've yet to see a tuner pack. Wasn't this highly touted so they could update gameplay tweaks without patch submission? It's been a joke for two years running. What's the point of even having tuner packs if they'll just wait until the patch drops anyway?
They were not going to release a tuner pack with the game as buggy as it is. If they did, there would be the possibility of the patch messing up everything that was addressed by the tuner pack, so EA would have to do the tuner pack all over again.

I'm sure that they'd rather get everything fixed A.S.A.P. so they can move on to making NCAA 13. Releasing a tuner pack prior to the patch could've proven counter-productive in that regard.

# 107 Rivals @ 08/30/11 08:43 PM
People are upset because this is probably the last patch for a game that needs multiple patches. Additional patches will begin cutting into the next work cycle for NCAA 13. Oddly, I've had EA terms of service notice show up twice the last two times I've played the game. Both times, the game froze up on me in mid-play. Very little about this game works as advertised. Team Builder, Stadium Sounds, Dynasty Mode... Coach mode in the practice dome sorta exemplifies how features get implemented without forethought.

# 108 ClarkNoHeart @ 08/30/11 09:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Glock
Give me a break, you are going by some of the ridiculous reviews by some of these gaming sites. Have you even read them, they are straight nonsense.
No, I'm comparing the general consensus of two games, one of which I have played and is severely flawed. Despite this, the other has been received even less favorably.

# 109 Simile000 @ 08/30/11 10:56 PM
I just popped in my NCAA and downloaded some type of update....can't be the patch can it?

# 110 K0ZZ @ 08/30/11 11:04 PM
Most likely it's either the first patch or it's the online policy update. I can check in a second though to see if I get anything.

# 111 JHedges2 @ 08/30/11 11:04 PM
I just took Madden out and tried NCAA....no patch.

# 112 Simile000 @ 08/30/11 11:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMan350Z
I just took Madden out and tried NCAA....no patch.
Yeah it was something else for me too. For some reason it wiped out my rosters I had though

# 113 cmebfresh @ 08/30/11 11:11 PM
Whats the differences between the tuner and patch? Can somebody explain

# 114 smoove7 @ 08/31/11 12:10 AM
Tuner from NCAA 11 to show what tuners change:

• Increased the default starting values for all Recruits.
  • Slightly increased progression for low and mid tier teams.
  • Tuned CPU recruiting to prevent teams from signing too many players at any one particular position.
  • Increased CPU’s focus upon needed positions in recruiting.
  • Top schools will sign 5 star prospects earlier in the season.
  • After a recruit Soft Commits, any CPU team that is not ranked in the top three will spend significantly less time calling the recruit.
  • Addressed an issue with big lineman jumping too high and deflecting passes.
  • Tuned ESPN U Top 150 Players to be more in line with actual top 150 recruits by decreasing the number of Fullbacks and Kickers. Tuned Field Goal, Kick Offs, and Punting in Super Sim.

# 115 theonlywhiteout @ 08/31/11 02:32 AM
i cant believe im playing retail madden and still cant start my dynasty in ncaa.

just shocked. someone should get fired for this. and i dont say that out of anger... it's just really bad planning

# 116 K0ZZ @ 08/31/11 04:13 AM
I really wish they add either being able to remove conferences alltogether (or atleast the independents) or the ability to add teambuilder teams mid dynasty via custom conferences. Would be a nice little bonus. (Ontop of the stability and game play fixes. Those are obviously neccesary.)

# 117 OGKing @ 08/31/11 05:37 AM
Will i have to restart my dynasty? I love my SMU dynasty

# 118 ABR173rd @ 08/31/11 07:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGKing
Will i have to restart my dynasty? I love my SMU dynasty
For the new patch to take effect you can't have bypassed the leaving players screen in the FIRST season of your offline dynasty. That's the last I heard. So basically if you are in season two or beyond of your dynasty you will have to restart.

# 119 alangst @ 08/31/11 07:27 AM
Any chance they'll have this out by Saturday? I really want to start a new dynasty and play along with the real games. And of course I realize nobody actually knows, so its more of a hypotheical, wish-like question.

# 120 Ramminyou @ 08/31/11 07:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirborneRanger1
For the new patch to take effect you can't have bypassed the leaving players screen in the FIRST season of your offline dynasty. That's the last I heard. So basically if you are in season two or beyond of your dynasty you will have to restart.
I don't think so.

"If you are in a Dynasty or Online Dynasty you will not need to restart as long as your Dynasty is still in year one and you have not advanced past “Training Results” in the off-season. If you are before this point, the update will be applied to your existing Dynasty/Online Dynasty and the tendencies will be correct for all players going forward. If you are in year two and beyond, the tendency issue impact will be less and less as the players graduate/are cut from the rosters"

That's from the patch notes in the previous thread announcing the patch. It's the only bullet point that mentions a possible impact on current dynasties. So unless you're referring to another issue that was announced elsewhere, or they have made changes or additions to the patch that will require us to restart that they haven't announced yet, what you said is not true. Only if someone several seasons in doesn't want to wait until all the players with the tendency glitch are graduated or otherwise no longer in the long will it be necessary to restart.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.