Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

CBS has posted their NBA 2K12 hands-on preview.

Quote:
The improved AI is also felt on defense. Dumping the ball to Patrick Ewing would cause the opposing team to send help from different spots on the floor, but the AI never over-committed, opting to fake the double-team attempt and go back to their man. This realistic defensive tactic made it difficult to know when to pass or continue to post up.

Defensive rotations have also undergone an overhaul. The AI does a better job of disguising where they will bring help, creating more unpredictable defensive sets. The AI also defends passes better, more eager to jump passing lanes or tip a pass to create a fast-break opportunity.

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Dice @ 09/01/11 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
Jr does 2k11 seem unfun to you now ? It bores me to tears when I can even manage to put it in. I wonder if others who played 2k12 more than a qtr have similar feelings on 2k11. 2k12 was just so dam fun to play to me.
WOW! 2K12 is like that? I still enjoy 2K11. I'm surprised my disk hasn't screamed at me for overworking it.

# 82 jr2424 @ 09/01/11 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by H.S 215allday
Im loving all the screenshoots and the insights but im really looking forward towards my player info
Couldn't agree more. Rob said they gave the mode a lot of attention because of how popular it has become. I asked him about the achievement list that leaked and all the my player info in there but he wouldn't answer those questions. He's a good guy but he wouldn't crack.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

# 83 jr2424 @ 09/01/11 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dice
WOW! 2K12 is like that? I still enjoy 2K11. I'm surprised my disk hasn't screamed at me for overworking it.
2k11 is in my opinion the best basketball game ever. They took that game and refined it even further. Like I said you guys will eat it up because you will notice all of those touches that make the 2k series something special.

# 84 23 @ 09/01/11 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr2424
Penny always has me panicking. Loved that dude. Thanks 23. Really means a lot coming from this community. I was writing this with you guys in mind. I had hoped you guys would like it.

I think you did a pretty good job, as well as answering all of these questions

Hope I can find an early copy this year because Id like to throw in some clips for the guys to see different players like Pared and WTF did that year

# 85 jr2424 @ 09/01/11 04:34 PM
Oh and one more upgrade. When I said the players would double team or hedge to double remember er this was all in the first quarter. In previous game the game wouldn't start doubling until you were getting hot. This year's they do it from the opening tip.

# 86 23 @ 09/01/11 04:35 PM
Opening tip strategy, nice!

# 87 jr2424 @ 09/01/11 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
I think you did a pretty good job, as well as answering all of these questions

Hope I can find an early copy this year because Id like to throw in some clips for the guys to see different players like Pared and WTF did that year
Yeah I'm curious to see what you guys will do with this game. My isomotion game needs a ton of work so i could imagine how cool it would have been if I had the iso skills.

# 88 Da_Czar @ 09/01/11 04:38 PM
Quote:
It's hard to not hype something but put it in it's proper context. There is something different going on with 2k12 that hearkens back to inside drive on the AI side but then extends past that into it's own space. Think about it. Every preview has had a certain vibe about it. Wether you played the hell out of 2k11 or barely touched it guys are all saying the same thing. It's a difference that becomes more noticeable the more you play it. Very nuanced. Very layered.

There is probably no one outside of 2k that has played the game as much as I have. Still impressive and nothing else in my collection effects me like 2k12 did. It's not perfect but it doesn't have to be. It's deep and it Fun ! I'm talking fist pumping in a room alone fun. LOL.

I am very interested to see what the issues of this game will be becuase what is good is really really good. I think hearing about the playcalling will give you another glimpse into what a special game 2k12 is.

# 89 Goffs @ 09/01/11 04:42 PM
damn thats some high praise...

# 90 swimfunk @ 09/01/11 04:43 PM
someone needs to leak info on Online Assocation...

# 91 Pared @ 09/01/11 04:47 PM
Quote:
I'm talking fist pumping in a room alone fun. LOL.
Well... that's just TMI.

# 92 jr2424 @ 09/01/11 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnDefeatedEZ
Great info.. I need these ?'s answered tho so thx in advance..

1.. U said hop step/ spin is on right stick.. But isnt shooting on the right analog also so how does that interfere wit it..

2. Is shannon brown still on da lakers roster or is he on da free agent list..

3.. Did u ask ronnie anything about the online improvements?

4. When you pass the ball down low in 2k11 if u get bumped a bit u fall down.. Do they still have that? Hope that is taken out.

5. When you pass the ball alot of times it fumbled even when u passed it close.. Also when u passed the ball to an open player to shoot in 2k11 ur player would b frozen fo a few seconds.. Is that finally gone??
1. I wish I could give you a better answer for this one but like Czar said the insight should clear it up. I wish I had asked this question when Rob was here but all i know is it's mapped to the right stick. I didn't use the hop step or spin move a lot so it didn't affect how I played the game. I figure the insight will clear that up when they release it.

2. I didn't play with or against the current Lakers.

3. I asked about online and online association but they were tiht lipped on that info. Rob did say that after last year's success, they are more prepared this year for the increased number of online players. But that's all the info he would share about it for now.

4. I didn't see any post up players fall during my time with the game.

5. The passing seems way more intuitive than in years past. Bounce passes are way more prevalent this year. And I didn't see any of that freeze issue when I played. Catch and shoot was smooth and responsive.

# 93 HarryDickman @ 09/01/11 04:51 PM
It amazing to me how freaking cbs has a more through and in-depth preview than these so called professional gaming websites. SMH

# 94 jr2424 @ 09/01/11 04:52 PM
Quote:
It's hard to not hype something but put it in it's proper context. There is something different going on with 2k12 that hearkens back to inside drive on the AI side but then extends past that into it's own space. Think about it. Every preview has had a certain vibe about it. Wether you played the hell out of 2k11 or barely touched it guys are all saying the same thing. It's a difference that becomes more noticeable the more you play it. Very nuanced. Very layered.

There is probably no one outside of 2k that has played the game as much as I have. Still impressive and nothing else in my collection effects me like 2k12 did. It's not perfect but it doesn't have to be. It's deep and it Fun ! I'm talking fist pumping in a room alone fun. LOL.

I am very interested to see what the issues of this game will be becuase what is good is really really good. I think hearing about the playcalling will give you another glimpse into what a special game 2k12 is.
I gotta take a page from your book and not hype the game too much. All I know is for sim players, I think you will be pleased.

# 95 jr2424 @ 09/01/11 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryDickman
It amazing to me how freaking cbs has a more through and in-depth preview than these so called professional gaming websites. SMH
I think some sites don't play the game like we do. An NBA 2k game will sit in my system for almost an entire year. I do play other games, but that one will get more run than any other. The guys who do previews on this site love the game like I do and you guys do. So when I get a chance to talk with Rob Jones I try to ask him questions hardcore NBA fans would ask. I don't think some other sites do that.

# 96 jr2424 @ 09/01/11 04:57 PM
Hey guys. I gotta get ready to go to work so i won't be able to answer questions until about 1 am West Coast time. I will check back when I get home and try to answer more. Take care.

# 97 Da_Czar @ 09/01/11 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Well... that's just TMI.
Touche' LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 98 Dice @ 09/01/11 05:01 PM
Quote:

Well, I'm looking forward to your in-depth preview of the game. And no disrespect to jr2424, I thought his was very informative and not just fluff stuff about the game. And him taking time to answer questions also helps as well.

# 99 Da_Czar @ 09/01/11 05:41 PM
Quote:
Well, I'm looking forward to your in-depth preview of the game. And no disrespect to jr2424, I thought his was very informative and not just fluff stuff about the game. And him taking time to answer questions also helps as well.
Thanks but I think everyone has pretty much covered all the allowable bases. I expect Chase to deliver an outstanding preview here soon. One benefit is I get to see the game but since I get to see the whole game I am not allowed to break any news or write to much of anything early. Once they announce more of the gameplay stuff I want to talk about I will share my thoughts a bit more.

# 100 Spartan901 @ 09/01/11 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr2424
Couldn't agree more. Rob said they gave the mode a lot of attention because of how popular it has become. I asked him about the achievement list that leaked and all the my player info in there but he wouldn't answer those questions. He's a good guy but he wouldn't crack.

Saw in Twitter that 2k is taking a vote on what feature to release info on next week. So if you guys want to see My Player info (I know I do), I suggest to get to voting

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.