Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

As with all games, we posted a poll for NCAA Football 12 just as it was being released. Not surprisingly, the initial gamer reaction to the game was overwhelmingly positive with 85% of respondents saying the game was good to great.

Fast forward two months, we recently re-ran a poll with essentially the same question. With all of the problems and the patch which still hasn't been released, gamers opinions have cooled significantly. The game now gets a 57% favorable rating, with the people saying the game is bad has jumped from 4% to 20%, a huge increase.

What do you think about this change? Expected/unexpected/worrisome for EA?

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 nccomicfan @ 09/02/11 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by waytofailself
As I'm sure others have said, it's a matter of a) the game just being released + b) the patch being "slow" to come out. People were expecting fixes sooner, hopefully EA delayed them a bit to make sure they were right.

A lot of the comments in the poll said that people voted bad but were waiting to see how the patch changes things and if it makes it better. I'd expect the number to go back up.
I've said it elsewhere...Take as long as you want with the whole patch, but a hotfix for the tendency bug w/named rosters should have been out several weeks ago

# 22 mcavner @ 09/02/11 09:17 PM
I think they've been found out. If we kept finding great things, the results would show that instead. But we found glitches and bugs. If it was great we'd be going wild with acclaim. Hell, we all buy it when it has been just 'good'.

It is so frustrating. We play these games to have fun... silly that we actually end up frustrated by the game itself. Not the winning or losing while playing the game, just the process of interacting with the game. We can't just have fun w/o something frustrating us and making us feel like the game is stealing our time or our good mood. haha

I should just go learn to play guitar or something. This is a dumb hobby anyway.

# 23 EAsportsfails @ 09/02/11 09:23 PM
Yeah, worrisome for EA? Thats laughable, they could care less. I mean look how highly touted their July sales numbers as the top rated game were reported. This is all that matters to EA. Really? Against what other games released in July? No wonder they released Madden just short of September, because GOW3 sales will slaughter madden and ncaa combined! EA is a company that has zero clue when it comes to considering the consumer. They only are concerned with the bottom line, and I believe they are dangling just above it! Although, I am a fiend for NCAA & Madden, unfortunatley my choices are too slim. Bring on a competitor!

# 24 SemperVictoria @ 09/02/11 09:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EAsportsfails
They only are concerned with the bottom line...

Well, really that's their only obligation--and I don't fault EA one bit for doing what they do. Don't like it--don't buy it. It's that simple. It's not like you don't know what to expect--it's the same thing every year.

# 25 Kaiser Wilhelm @ 09/02/11 10:26 PM
Expected. EA delivered some cool new things this years, which only helped to fuel the hype machine.

In the first two weeks most people are still too excited to really see through the cracks and have not put in enough man hours to have them really shine.

Not to mention Dynasty issues do not really become widespread until after a few weeks.

In all I think it is a good game with great ideas, but not enough thought or polish put into it. Its far too simplistic, and my theory for that is that heaven forbid a game actually make you think and stimulate the mind. Every game needs to be like CoD and for the most part allow the gamer to be a mindless idiot and still be good. (Aimed more towards Strategic AI in dynasty than the on the field gameplay)

# 26 jkra0512 @ 09/02/11 11:02 PM
Admittedly, I changed my vote from good to poor. At first, the game seemed like a breath of fresh air with how the defense played...but, a week later I began to see a few things crop up (Psychic DBs and Super LBs) along with the named rosters being all messed up. Couple that with the over all arrogance of the company regarding their product in an interview basically taunting those who do not like their product...This team has a lot to prove to get my $60 again...

# 27 HokieTokie @ 09/03/11 12:16 AM
This year more than others, the enthusiasm for NCAA has faded quickly. It definitely looks bad for EA.

# 28 loganone @ 09/03/11 02:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieTokie
This year more than others, the enthusiasm for NCAA has faded quickly. It definitely looks bad for EA.
Nah, this literally happens every single year. Its like the 5 stages of EA football.

July: FOOTBALL! Best game ever!
August: Here comes all the bugs and broken features that reviewers always mysteriously seem to miss
September: Waiting for that miracle patch that inevitably winds up being too little, too late
October: Screw you EA I'm never buying this again!
Next June: EA: "Hey guys we fixed everything for real this time lol"

Repeat over and over.

# 29 misterbroom12 @ 09/03/11 11:05 AM
The game is great. Could it be a lot better, of course, but what game couldn't. Is any game ever going to be put out where everyone that buys it is 100% happy and doesn't want a new version released with any improvements on it at all? No. So this should be expected each year from any game and may in fact be the best way.

If we are all going to buy it and within the first week point out problems that we all want fixed, and within 2 months, they get fixed, why is that bad? We get to play what is almost technically a full demo of the product, have it tuned to the specifications of the masses and still enjoy the full range of game modes before it is basically perfected to our specifications.

I think people need to stop getting frustrated at this process and think about how advantageous it is to the gamer. It used to be you bought the game for $40 and liked it or didn't, if you didn't then you were SOL and had to hope wherever you bought it would give back your money or at least its full value toward another game you would enjoy.

# 30 Spanky @ 09/03/11 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelernation28
This entire generation of football has been a critical failure for EA.
Precisely. It will go down in history as an unmitigated disaster.

They had a couple of decent games, Madden 10 and NCAA 11, but even those left much to be desired and were overshadowed by one embarrassing abomination after another.

The company seems more interested in marketing this trash rather than in product development.

This is what happens when the marketing clowns gain too much power in any organization.

# 31 ultralow36 @ 09/03/11 01:45 PM
lmao at people on here thinking they = everybody i see and hear so many people loving this game....then you have about 60 people on here going crazy like its the worst game ever....there is a reason EA will never cater to yall....you would never be happy.....mass vs slim hardcore you do the math.....P.s the game is fun if you know its just a game....nothing more...

# 32 Molsongoalie41 @ 09/03/11 02:15 PM
I do think there is overreaction on both sides. To start with when NCAA most of us are bored with the summer sports and NCAA has the whole first step towards the new season feel so people love it. Now that the patch is taking so long and there has been 2 months to pick apart the game we now downgrade it to unplayable. The game is fun and has it flaws that need to be patched I am sure the same thing will happen when skyrim comes out. I have had fun moments with this game and I know a few friends that enjoy it. While we are waiting for the patch for the online Dynasty, I am enjoying my last days of coaching EMU & WKU. Also sadly with all the conference changes and teams being added even if they are as small as Umass and Texas San Antonio, I am going to get the next game I might wait till it reaches the 40 dollar mark but I will get NCAA 13.

# 33 bukktown @ 09/03/11 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eski33
It is a slanted poll. Everyone knows the game's issues and that a patch is due out soon. I would say the responses reflect disappointment in the lack of timeliness of the patch rather than the game itself.

Put out this same poll post patch.
No doubt. When I saw the 2nd poll pop up right before the patch releases I thought it was borderline ridiculous.

# 34 RamzaLugria @ 09/04/11 12:48 AM
Somewhat expected. I've been gravely dissapointed this time around. I wish NCAA would become as reliable as FIFA or NBA2K cause I really enjoy the sport.

# 35 dickey1331 @ 09/04/11 12:54 AM
I voted great both times. I'm loving this game. Haven't had any freezes and I don't play online so most issues don't effect me.

Do you really care where I sent this from?

# 36 MeanMrMustard @ 09/05/11 05:51 PM
Expected. I haven't really touched this game since the first few weeks. Once the patch hits, I'm sure I'll get back into it though.

# 37 Armor and Sword @ 09/05/11 08:58 PM
Still great.

Absolutely love this game. I am strictly an offline dynasty player. No doubt when the patch drops it will be even better.

Best overall console football game ever.

# 38 fcboiler87 @ 09/05/11 09:01 PM
I was excited for the Coaching Carousel. It's the only reason I bought the game. But even with the patch, it is something that won't be fixed. It is a shell of what it could and should be. It's logic drives me insane, and prevents dynasty from being top notch. That being said, once the patch drops I will still play the heck out of the game just like I end up doing every year.

# 39 LionsFanNJ @ 09/05/11 10:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
I wonder if sports games generally fall into this pattern or if NCAA 12 is unique. I'm still loving the game and would rate it as great, even without the patch.

I'd like to see what people say about two weeks to a month after the patch.
Just about every sports game does. I can run down a slew of things wrong about NBA 2k(I.E. fast breaks, rebouning issues), but that's not the topic at hand really.

On topic, i'm still just as happy with the game as i was at release. I've only had a freeze once the first night, so that issue has personally haven't effected me. I do have a few issues though that nag me, but don't stop me from playing the game.

1. Lack of weather variation in dynasty as its either bright and sunny, or a downpour, never cloudy in any way, or foggy.

2. Lack of edge pressure and CPU tendency to max protect to the point its detrimental to its offense. Player editing MAY alleviate some of this.

3. passing trajectories, and defensive reaction.

all three are legacy issues that seem to be the way Tiburon wants their football to play, so i adjust my mentality as its simply a video game i play that i enjoy. I'd be in heaven if these issues are fixed at some point. Still, looking forward to the patch though as the tendency fix will be massive for me.

# 40 Herky @ 09/06/11 09:14 AM
I think once the patch is out people will warm up to the game again.

The roster glitch is the main thing keeping me away from my dynasty right now. I haven't experienced freezes thankfully.

Waiting for a tuner set as well to polish gameplay.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.