Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

Check out the new NBA 2K12 screenshot.

This screenshot feature takes a look at the match-ups of the NBA's Greatest. This one showcases Oscar Robertson's NBA's Greatest Game.

1970-71 Bucks: Oscar Robertson, Jon McGlocklin, Bob Dandridge, Greg Smith, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Lew Alcindor), Bob Boozer, Lucius Allen, Dick Cunningham

1970-71 Lakers: Jerry West, Gail Goodrich, Keith Erickson, Elgin Baylor, Wilt Chamberlain, Jim McMillian, Willie McCarter, Rick Roberson

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 coolcras7 @ 09/04/11 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
The question is, would the announcers say his original name?
Maybe they can mention it in conversation that he changed his name that year.

# 22 The 24th Letter @ 09/04/11 07:22 PM
Im assuming these poses are just placeholders to show off the matchups....they cant all possibly be the same..

# 23 Aimbrogn @ 09/04/11 07:23 PM
Playing with "The Big O" and Kareem will be a blast. I just watched a good documentary featured on NBA TV about Oscar Robertson that showcased how dynamic of a player he was. Check that channel out as they are airing some good retro documentaries and games that showcase some of the classic teams that will be in NBA 2k12.

# 24 The Bad Man @ 09/04/11 07:50 PM
i think d purpose of them showing these screenshots is for da viewers to either praise or criticize em so they can improve them before releasing da game. well im one to criticize. its no biggie really but i dont like da picture showing the same poses of da players man. and look at that silly pose of the centers. they lookin like goons on da sidewalks. gangstas or somthin. i thought nba 2k11 poses look better dan this version

# 25 Goffs @ 09/04/11 08:39 PM
@aimbrogn yeah I've been watching hardwood classics on nba tv! watching young Barkley play is fun to watch!

last week they had dr. j vs Walton on the blazers man different game without the three point line....

# 26 aloncho11 @ 09/04/11 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by May29th
Bucks jerseys are with NBA logo :/
Noticed that too. It's strange, given that the Lakers' don't have the logo.

# 27 crandolph @ 09/04/11 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS

1970-71 Lakers: Jerry West, Gail Goodrich, Keith Erickson, Elgin Baylor, Wilt Chamberlain, Jim McMillian, Willie McCarter, Rick Roberson
Love that they put him on this team, but he cant be the starter. For the ENTIRE 70-71 season, Baylor played in 2 games...yes, 2!!...the whole year he totaled 20 points. Im just hoping that his rating ON THIS TEAM isnt anything above an 80. I know its fun to show that 4 hall of famers started on this team, but come on. 2K said they are all about realism, then Baylor cant start for this team......im just sayin'....

# 28 unfriendlyghst @ 09/05/11 12:58 AM
I was pretty sure that elgin baylor was the point guard am I wrong?

# 29 Gstate_510 @ 09/05/11 02:25 AM
young kareem.yeah buddy

# 30 The Bad Man @ 09/05/11 06:26 AM
kareem should allow 2k to name him as lew alcindor in dis 1971 bucks team. i mean he has another team with da classic lakers with his current abdul-jabbar name already. we all know he was da great lew alcindor back then so this should be his name in this team

# 31 KyotoCarl @ 09/05/11 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bad Man
kareem should allow 2k to name him as lew alcindor in dis 1971 bucks team. i mean he has another team with da classic lakers with his current abdul-jabbar name already. we all know he was da great lew alcindor back then so this should be his name in this team
It's his decision, not 2K's. He changed his name almost 40 years ago because he didn't want to be known as Lew Alcindor anymore.

# 32 The Bad Man @ 09/05/11 08:15 AM
if that is da case then i will change his bucks name myself in da pc version of the game. i just find it hard to accept a 1971 bucks lew alcindor player with an abdul-jabbar name on his jersey. its just not right.

# 33 Control-X @ 09/05/11 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bad Man
if that is da case then i will change his bucks name myself in da pc version of the game. i just find it hard to accept a 1971 bucks lew alcindor player with an abdul-jabbar name on his jersey. its just not right.
I know you're going to use some sort of a roster editor to change his name on a PC. Can you do the same thing on PS3? I've asked this before in this thread but was left unanswered.

# 34 The Bad Man @ 09/05/11 10:13 AM
i know nuthin about nba 2k on ps3. all i hear about it is consistently having nba 2k games ported from an xbox 360. thats why man i stick to pc forever.

# 35 crandolph @ 09/05/11 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by unfriendlyghst
are you being serious........???

# 36 VDusen04 @ 09/05/11 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Im assuming these poses are just placeholders to show off the matchups....they cant all possibly be the same..
I have made the same assumption. I haven't even thought twice about it. I'd be disappointed if this is how it really was, but I really kind of just assumed these were some screens quickly thrown together a while ago with the mere purpose of showing off some matchups.

It kind of reminds me of some of the Jordan inaccuracies we saw in screenshots before release in 2K11 (the purple tongue, possibly a calf sleeve issue). The art was still a work in progress as those 2K11 Jordan screens were released.

# 37 qpc123 @ 09/05/11 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by unfriendlyghst
Yes, in 70-71 Baylor was a forward, although more like a SF than PF. Baylor was 6'5" 225 lbs.
http://www.basketball-reference.com/...bayloel01.html

# 38 likemystylez @ 09/05/11 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by qpc123
Yes, in 70-71 Baylor was a forward, although more like a SF than PF. Baylor was 6'5" 225 lbs.
http://www.basketball-reference.com/...bayloel01.html
I think at that time, there wasnt a difference between power forwards and small forwards. A lot of people said the difference was defined by Kevin Mchale. Either forward position was interchangable for the most part.

# 39 likemystylez @ 09/05/11 03:39 PM
I am wondering one thing about the Legends match ups. Are these match ups suppose to simulate actual specific games that actually took place? In other words, do the match ups have significance? Do they take place in the NBA finals, or a game 7 in a play off series, or even an Easter day play off clinching goal?

I think it would be cool if the commentators talked about the impostance of the specific game, and referenced actual events that took place that season with the teams involved and around the league in general.

# 40 johnrice20022002 @ 09/05/11 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crandolph
Love that they put him on this team, but he cant be the starter. For the ENTIRE 70-71 season, Baylor played in 2 games...yes, 2!!...the whole year he totaled 20 points. Im just hoping that his rating ON THIS TEAM isnt anything above an 80. I know its fun to show that 4 hall of famers started on this team, but come on. 2K said they are all about realism, then Baylor cant start for this team......im just sayin'....
Truth is they're missing Happy Hairston, who dominated the boards with Wilt and was an integral part of the legendary '72 squad. He and Wilt both grabbed more than 1,000 boards that season. Only teammates ever to do so. Large omission IMO but I'm sure portlandblazer will make a solid CAP.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.