Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

Check out NBA 2K12 screenshot #3, featuring Ronnie2K in My Player mode.

Quote:
My Player Career of Ronnie2K - David Stern's NBA Draft: For the first time, David Stern joined the 2K Sports studios and lent his voice to the NBA Draft. In NBA 2K12, Stern announces each team's pick for the entire 1st Round, something NEVER done before. Ronnie shakes Stern's hand and goes #20 as projected to the Minnesota Timberwolves."

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 09/06/11 09:05 PM
I'm LOVING what I'm seeing so far. I would have to imagine it's all building up for Friday, so I expect better as the week goes on.

# 2 cavsfan2 @ 09/06/11 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeC
Oh. My. Goodness. Look at that OVERALL!. Holy Smokes they got that fixed!
Thank God.

# 3 mreyes930 @ 09/06/11 09:07 PM
So Stern will actually be a part of this year's game. Nice to see the overall rating is so high, hopefully it'll be a little harder to become the star of a team. Adds a little extra incentive for playing longer.

# 4 Dwadefan @ 09/06/11 09:07 PM
I like the addition of David Sterns voice I am just wondering how he will read the created players names?... anyway Ronnie looks really good maybe they really did update hair and creating a player I hope so!

# 5 da ThRONe @ 09/06/11 09:07 PM
I wouldn't call it fixed just yet.

Every time I see skill points I get discouraged.

# 6 KyotoCarl @ 09/06/11 09:08 PM
CAP's looks really improved! The fact that Stern actually voices the first round is an awesome addition!

Like DukeC said, the overall seems to be greatly improved too. If you're about 62 as a 20th pick and you start on the bench and get the playing minutes a 62 overall should get, I'll be happy.

# 7 cavsfan2 @ 09/06/11 09:09 PM
Im so happy we wont have to start out with the skill set of a mediocre saturday morning pick up player

# 8 Spartan901 @ 09/06/11 09:13 PM
Quote:
Oh. My. Goodness. Look at that OVERALL!. Holy Smokes they got that fixed!
Just to clarify, how is that fixed exactly?

# 9 mreyes930 @ 09/06/11 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizzleman
What about the team hat they put on when they get drafted ?? Now I'm definitely not buying the game
I LOL'D.

# 10 NYdreams @ 09/06/11 09:14 PM
well i know my player mode was gonna b improved nobody had to tell me that.... the only thing that scares me is crew ..... and flashdrives smh

# 11 Classic88 @ 09/06/11 09:17 PM
This just keeps getting more interesting. I will gladly keep following this trail of sweet cookie crumbs to Friday's insight

# 12 cavsfan2 @ 09/06/11 09:17 PM
2 things i NEED from this years MP mode:
1) adjustable season lengths
2) ability to download draft classes from 2k share. This year this is even more important so we can get rookies from 2k share and we dont have to play with imaginary players

# 13 Spartan901 @ 09/06/11 09:19 PM
Quote:
You used to be between a 39-45 Overall (Depending on if you spent some of the points on awareness...) making you the worst player in the entire game.
Well by the end of my second season i was a 99 and THE GREATEST PLAYER OF ALL TIME...so where we started didnt seem to matter that much.

# 14 mreyes930 @ 09/06/11 09:21 PM
Quote:
The rookie names and references (Or was it preferences?) are already in the game. It's safe to assume their faces are just locked at this point and once 2k updates, they should be unlocked.
I'm pretty sure he means FUTURE draft classes ('12,'13,'14, etc.).

# 15 cavsfan2 @ 09/06/11 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan901
Well by the end of my second season i was a 99 and THE GREATEST PLAYER OF ALL TIME...so where we started didnt seem to matter that much.
Well hopefully progression is a little harder this year. It was pure stupidity to have us start off so low imo. My player last year consistently missed lay ups. NO ONE who has a chance to make an NBA squad misses 40% of his lay ups.

# 16 UnbelievablyRAW @ 09/06/11 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan901
Just to clarify, how is that fixed exactly?
Its not realistic for someone to be drafted top fifteen and not be able to do a layup 50% of the time. Now we are on a equal play field with other rookies. Hopefully it takes longer to get better ratings so it takes 2-3 years to reach 80 status. (Also making it more rewarding)

# 17 mreyes930 @ 09/06/11 09:29 PM
Quote:
Nah...he specifically said this year's rookies so we don't have to play with imaginary players. After a season you're still going to get imaginary players anyway.

But, he still could have meant that. It's just that he was referring to this season because of the lock-out.
Ah good call. My nostalgia got the best of me and I must've missed that.

# 18 23 @ 09/06/11 09:29 PM
Look like Ronny is handing the commish a payoff...lol

Kidding... keep it coming

# 19 cavsfan2 @ 09/06/11 09:30 PM
Quote:
Nah...he specifically said this year's rookies so we don't have to play with imaginary players. After a season you're still going to get imaginary players anyway.

But, he still could have meant that. It's just that he was referring to this season because of the lock-out.
I meant both. Like in association mode they give us the option to download draft classes from 2k share so we dont have generated players. This year I would like to have the option to download Kyrie, Dwill, etc from 2k share as the draft class so we can start our MP mode the day the game comes out. Right now the rookies are in the game but wont be unlocked until the lockout is over, which will be in december at the earliest.

# 20 BRxSKINSx @ 09/06/11 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavsfan2
2 things i NEED from this years MP mode:
1) adjustable season lengths
2) ability to download draft classes from 2k share. This year this is even more important so we can get rookies from 2k share and we dont have to play with imaginary players
Number 2 would be so nice.....i said the same thing.....

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.