Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

IncGamers have posted their NBA 2K12 hands-on preview.

Quote:
It’s not just the shots and the AI’s ability to mimic the styles of real NBA team’s strategies that’s been taken up a notch though, the court itself has also been expanded. If you’ve been seen an NBA game then you’ll have no doubt noticed that there’s very little free space beyond the outer lines of the court. Whether it’s the commentary table, the two teams’ benches or the first row of the crowd, players now interact with whatever they come across past those white lines.

For example, players will jump onto (or over) the commentary table if they’re going too fast to stop; they fall into the spectators in the front row and their team-mates do their best to keep them upright when they collide with their own bench. While this ‘feature’ doesn’t add anything to the gameplay it does bring things ever closer to the dynamics of the real thing, at least as far as spectating goes.

As far as the gameplay is concerned the changes seem to be less obvious but still fairly impactful. A new collision system makes tussles in mid-air, on the floor and, according to Snyder, “in mid-air to floor” much more noticeable and more meaningful. The effect is similar to that in Fifa 12 in that you don’t quite know what’s going to happen when two players collide.

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 scottyp180 @ 09/07/11 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocat
Yawn. I could of written a better "hands on" preview. It's getting tiresome reading the same things over and over again
All of the hands-on have been pretty much the same because the writers are playing the same demo and being told the same things from 2k. So we get the same preview just from a different source. As more insights come out and we get closer to release date we will see more previews and new information highlighting different aspects of the game (my player, association, and online have barely, if at all, been talked about)

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadsas
DLC is the WORST thing that happened to industry. I'd rather have less teams but no DLC
personally i love dlc/add-ons and how much the online capabilities have improved with this generation of systems; however it's ridiculous how much developers charge paying customers to access more content (COD plus all map packs will cost you well over $100). But how can you dislike extra-content that you don't have to buy? I already know I'm getting $60 worth when I buy 2k12 so if I can buy extra teams a couple months after release I'll be down, as long as the price is right and I find the teams worth it.

Videogames tend to get boring after a couple months, DLC helps freshen up the experience. I like the idea that after I buy and beat a game I can look forward to something new being added to the experience down the road. Developers (2k in this situation) just need to find the right price point for the content. For 2k it would really depend on the number of teams and who is on the teams. I would be very reluctant to pay money for the 08 Celtics when the players are already in the game and I could make that team myself. However if Barkley's Suns, Miller's Pacers, or even one of A.I's 76ers were DLC then I would probably purchase in a heartbeat.

# 22 qpc123 @ 09/07/11 12:58 PM
Here's where the real issue lies in reguards to DLC for me.

Let's say 2k12 has DLC and the 92/93 Suns with Barkley become available. If I were to make a roster using that team, anyone else who wanted to use it would most likely also have to purchase the DLC. That's fairly obvious to anyone familiar with DLC from other games like COD(you can't play a map that was DLC online if you don't have the DLC)

My other question/concern is: Let's say I get the game on release day(which I will) so I have access to the "bonus" teams of 91 GSW and 02 Kings. Someone else purchases the game at a later date after all the "bonus" team copies have been sold. If I make a roster that includes one of the bonus teams, will a user without it be able to use the roster? Will the "bonus" teams be made available as DLC for "late" adopters?

# 23 TheKasmar @ 09/07/11 01:02 PM
Quote:
As far as the gameplay is concerned the changes seem to be less obvious but still fairly impactful. A new collision system makes tussles in mid-air, on the floor and, according to Snyder, “in mid-air to floor” much more noticeable and more meaningful. The effect is similar to that in Fifa 12 in that you don’t quite know what’s going to happen when two players collide.
If this means less of the same double clutch lay-ups then I'm all in. I want to see it in gameplay videos.

# 24 mrKfresh @ 09/07/11 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VladCanada
Any word about bounce passes? I still play nba2k7 and love the game to death. After reading last year that bounce passes weren't the best I decided to skip it. NBA2k12 will be a purchase for me without a doubt and I'm sure a big change as I haven't played any other nba2k game since 2k7. Thanks!
Really tho? you skipped over the greatest basketball game too date because you have a bounce pass fetish? And you haven't played any other 2k since 2k7!? yikes. that is very kind of nonsensical when you really think about it. Anyhow too each his own i suppose.

This years game is shaping up too top last years and i cant wait too play. The addition of more nostalgic modes wont get much of my attention.. the core game seems to be even more improved than last year and thats all that matters.

# 25 hoodkid205 @ 09/07/11 01:56 PM
i know this is off topic but anyone know what happen to the Q n A thread

# 26 Kurupt_XxX @ 09/07/11 02:52 PM
is a DLC confirmed? is their a list of teams?

# 27 qpc123 @ 09/07/11 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurupt_XxX
is a DLC confirmed? is their a list of teams?
No, it is not confirmed, nor has 2k said anything about any DLC. There was a list of teams posted on some other forum that is being speculated upon but several of those teams don't seem likely to make to be in even if there is any DLC.

Here's the thread with speculated list I mentioned http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ble-teams.html

# 28 VladCanada @ 09/07/11 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrKfresh
Really tho? you skipped over the greatest basketball game too date because you have a bounce pass fetish? And you haven't played any other 2k since 2k7!? yikes. that is very kind of nonsensical when you really think about it. Anyhow too each his own i suppose.

This years game is shaping up too top last years and i cant wait too play. The addition of more nostalgic modes wont get much of my attention.. the core game seems to be even more improved than last year and thats all that matters.
Well I personally don't see the need to buy a sports game every year. I'm not a major fan of basketball but I loved 2K7. I just like the fact that when I pass I can choose if it will be a bounce pass or pass. Wouldn't call it a fetish, I'd call it controllability. I just remember some talk that the bounce pass was diminished in 2K11, so therefore some control is lost. So I played tons of other games since we have a zillion options.

Like I said, I'm not a huge fan of bball so I didn't on purpose skip it every year...2K7 just gave me everything I wanted so I kept it. Now I feel like upgrading to the latest game, that's all.

# 29 VladCanada @ 09/07/11 03:52 PM
Going thru the forums and searching on google, I see a lot of people complaining about no bounce passes in 2K11. Are lob passes even in the game? All of which were in 2K7.

# 30 mrKfresh @ 09/07/11 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VladCanada
Well I personally don't see the need to buy a sports game every year. I'm not a major fan of basketball but I loved 2K7. I just like the fact that when I pass I can choose if it will be a bounce pass or pass. Wouldn't call it a fetish, I'd call it controllability. I just remember some talk that the bounce pass was diminished in 2K11, so therefore some control is lost. So I played tons of other games since we have a zillion options.

Like I said, I'm not a huge fan of bball so I didn't on purpose skip it every year...2K7 just gave me everything I wanted so I kept it. Now I feel like upgrading to the latest game, that's all.
Oh okay That's totally understandable . The way you feel about 2k is the way i feel about Football games lol.

# 31 VladCanada @ 09/07/11 03:56 PM
Found the following article:

NBA 2K12 Preview (Xbox 360)
Submitted on: 08/18/2011 by DaWolf

It says.....

"The first disappointment came when I tried every possible combination, to see whether or not manual passes were in the game (bounce passes for example, like in NBA 2K7). I really wanted to see that in the game, but I couldn’t figure it out, couldn't find the modifiers."

So automatic passes are back in 2k12 perhaps? Why would I want the CPU to decide what type of pass I want to make?

# 32 VladCanada @ 09/07/11 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrKfresh
Oh okay That's totally understandable . The way you feel about 2k is the way i feel about Football games lol.
lol. Yeah Mr. K. I just can't spend 60 bucks a year on an NBA game, NHL or a football game. Hell I still play NFL2k5 over madden.

# 33 44drob @ 09/07/11 08:08 PM
Looks like this game will be more improved than nba 2k12 good to hear !!!

# 34 youvalss @ 09/07/11 08:15 PM
I wonder if it means that we will actually see the commentators sitting behind that table.

# 35 likemystylez @ 09/07/11 10:01 PM
I was just wondering. Ive heard that teams like the 91 Warriors with run TMC and the 2002 Kings are suppose to be in the game if you reserve it at game spot. Are they going to be added via DLC or are there codes that can be put in to get those teams. If they are just codes... wont it just be a matter of time (a day or 2) before those codes are all over the internet?

# 36 neptuneniq @ 09/07/11 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by likemystylez
I was just wondering. Ive heard that teams like the 91 Warriors with run TMC and the 2002 Kings are suppose to be in the game if you reserve it at game spot. Are they going to be added via DLC or are there codes that can be put in to get those teams. If they are just codes... wont it just be a matter of time (a day or 2) before those codes are all over the internet?
old old news but yes they are in

u dont need to preorder but it will be in the first number of shipments

the DLC code will be unique to each copy

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.