Home
NHL 12 News Post

These videos are also available on the OS YouTube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: NHL 12Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 26 - View All
NHL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 ChaseB @ 09/07/11 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesfan102
Chase, I have a request:
Can the next game you post be of the Calgary Flames vs Edmonton Oilers?
It will be Wild vs. Oilers tomorrow...so half the request is met.

# 22 savoie2006 @ 09/07/11 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jemens
I like the idea to bump Def Awareness for one of the team ( everybody to 99) and everybody to 50 for the other team. Replay the game and see what's the effect of that rating on the gameplay.
This would depend on slider settings as the game is not totally dependant on Attributes. This is why I don't see the fuss and desire to change Attributes. Sliders effect the game as much if not more so. If you tweak a players Attributes and you edit your sliders afterwards, it was all for not really.

# 23 etheberge @ 09/07/11 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Section_25
OUCH ..... Fleury should have had that last goal
We're used to having Fleury letting in softies against Montreal, usually game winners too. I for one applaud EA on their efforts towards realism :-)

And 3 stars presentation is definitely gone. That sucks.

# 24 ChrisDanger @ 09/07/11 08:29 PM
I'm going to have to trade for that Pasquali Dupuis. He's a machine.

# 25 bwiggy33 @ 09/07/11 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBeaule04
I agree, AI was a problem in every title but to me, it's just getting worse. The videos from Chase just scares me about what will happen.

I'm about stopping to fight against the AI and play the game controlling every player on the ice on my side, and make the AI play the toughest they can on the other side with the sliders.

Maybe it's impossible to replicate a scheme for a hockey game. Maybe I'm just asking too much from the AI and I should be thankful to have at least something that looks like hockey.

Maybe asking Hal Gill to play like Bobby Orr is an error to begin with!
No you're not asking for too much. It's ridiculous how many times I have scored goals in NHL 08, 09, 10, and 11 that were all due to lack luster Defensive AI. It has barely progressed at all from NHL 07. It just ticks me off. The worst of it all is that these dumb AI mistakes come at the worst times. If it's 2-2 in the 3rd and all of a sudden the CPU AI does something so dumb defensively (like the second goal in the videos) it just kills the game. It makes me want to turn the XBOX off because I feel like I cheated. It is just stuff that is so simple and basic in real life hockey, that just isn't represented in the game for some reason.

# 26 Vikes1 @ 09/07/11 10:03 PM
Thanks again Chase, for the vid. Hey...nice drop pass by you late in the third!

By the looks of things, I'm thinking I'm going to have a fun time with NHL this year.

# 27 16stonepig @ 09/08/11 07:43 AM
LOL at you clattering Kovalev at every opportunity

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.