Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

Check out NBA 2K12 screenshot #7, featuring Ronnie2K in My Player mode.

Quote:
My Player Career of Ronnie2K - Name, Customize, and Promote a Shoe: Among the companies that want Ronnie to endorse their product, he was given a lucrative deal to name his shoe. With permission from his childhood hero Michael Jordan and Brand Jordan, he names the shoe "Air Singh" and they become the hottest selling sneaks on the planet.

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 RedSceptile @ 09/08/11 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by _shaq_36_
ok. but how a 20 pick can have his own shoe in da 1st year
if he was at least top 5 pick but 20 c'mom man
I can name at least 20 top 5 picks in the past decade alone who never got a shoe deal regardless. Pick placement doesn't determine marketability or how good you are/will be. Kobe was picked 13 afterall.

# 22 MrBigShot1 @ 09/08/11 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Not that I hate My Player or anything but it seems since you guys voted it as the info this week, the excitement here has gone way down

Might be the way its been delivered, I dont know but I think people are more interested in other parts of the game than this initially
The only real "new" tidbit of info we got for my player were the draft interviews and mock draft. We already had the marketing with the billboard and such(which isn't to say it's a bad thing, I enjoy it and it adds to the mode).

I have a feeling that they are saving the good stuff for the insight. I just HOPE that the insight is entirely new info and not repeated things from throughout the week.

# 23 qpc123 @ 09/08/11 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSceptile
I can name at least 20 top 5 picks in the past decade alone who never got a shoe deal regardless. Pick placement doesn't determine marketability or how good you are/will be. Kobe was picked 13 afterall.
True but Kobe didn't have his "own" shoe as rookie either.

# 24 illwill10 @ 09/08/11 03:07 PM
I didnt expect them to show any new stuff when he said they will be releasing 2 pics a day until Insight. If they would of released nothing but new pics and just explained the pics in the insight, I wont be anxious for the insight. I actually dont mind the way it has been released. Saving the best for last and just showing improved features.

# 25 Kiss_My_Dimplez @ 09/08/11 03:18 PM
hopefully with the signature shoe creations they actually give us more flexibility to customize it.

# 26 SimBaller @ 09/08/11 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Customize shoe means pick 3 colors just like in the old CAP

I see the red in the back and front of the shoe looks like you cant make them seperate colors ...ugh
Baseless claims have no place in 2K12. Sit tight.

# 27 23 @ 09/08/11 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimBaller

# 28 The 24th Letter @ 09/08/11 03:52 PM
My Player is a mode alot of people play.. alot of people are into it...

Im personally hot/ cold with it, but im sure alot are looking forward to the insight tomm..

# 29 infam0us @ 09/08/11 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
My Player is a mode alot of people play.. alot of people are into it...

Im personally hot/ cold with it, but im sure alot are looking forward to the insight tomm..
The screens are nice but Its all about the insight tomorrow, like the adds and endorsements are a nice deal but the most important part is still playing basketball. What AI improvements are made, how do they keep the mode fresh. Can we adjust sliders, season length. Hoping for some good things from the insight.

# 30 AnthoNYC @ 09/08/11 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimBaller
Good news! When I saw the pic my first thought was great only 3 colors again.

# 31 illwill10 @ 09/08/11 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by infam0us
The screens are nice but Its all about the insight tomorrow, like the adds and endorsements are a nice deal but the most important part is still playing basketball. What AI improvements are made, how do they keep the mode fresh. Can we adjust sliders, season length. Hoping for some good things from the insight.
Exactly. We have gotten Appetizers so far. Alot of us are waiting for the full-course meal. The screens are good, most BAP modes dont even have any non-game features. But, in-game is where it counts the most. Custom Sliders, Season Length/Simming games, and progression is what most of the MP gamers want to hear about.

# 32 Pared @ 09/08/11 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Not that I hate My Player or anything but it seems since you guys voted it as the info this week, the excitement here has gone way down

Might be the way its been delivered, I dont know but I think people are more interested in other parts of the game than this initially
Welcome to OS. You must be new here.

# 33 23 @ 09/08/11 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Welcome to OS. You must be new here.
Most definitely uncharted waters for me here lol

# 34 Pared @ 09/08/11 04:17 PM
You'll like it here. Enjoy your stay! And be sure to read our TOS.

# 35 23 @ 09/08/11 04:20 PM
Thats funny

New people dont read the TOS... its justification to post what we feel no matter what, then blame you

If 2k doesn't have red shoelaces ill be ticked

# 36 champ195797 @ 09/08/11 05:42 PM
I love my player I just wish we had a college2k game that we can start with with but hey I guess I'm asking for more than I can get

# 37 KDRIZZLE2K4 @ 09/08/11 05:57 PM
I don't see how people are being let down with the teasers? Obviously there saving the best for the insight and actually the teasers were better than I expected. Cool features that add re-playability. My number one request for contracts are in, now all I really need is realistic minutes when you sim until your in the game. They put you in the game too soon and for too long before you earned the minutes. Everything else is gravy. I do hope for all star weekend events, maybe selecting an agent and more cut scenes.

# 38 basehead617 @ 09/08/11 06:10 PM
Y'all are funny.

I don't understand what people want in My Player..

Everybody complained about actually doing things like starting out on the low end and working up thru training drills, summer league, etc.. and seems like they listened to the whining.. and you'll just go to the NBA.. then complained about the player not being good enough, now people complaining about him being too good.. now people complaining about billboards/shoe/extraneous stuff.. what is it that you want them to say??? If you want to just play sim basketball with a top notch player why not just play the regular game??

Seems like peoples idea of what My Player should be are really weird..

Just edit Lebron James and change his name to your name or something and be done with it..

# 39 basehead617 @ 09/08/11 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySmooov
The problem with last year's My Player was that you start out in the 40s at the beginning of the year. It was VERY possible that by the end of you're rookie year, you could end up as a 90 overall.

Other than that, whatever you're trying to say didn't come off very clear so try rewording it.
I just want to know what kind of things people would get excited about for this feature.. people keep saying 'nothing new' - what do you want??

# 40 madmax17 @ 09/08/11 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DurtySoufReppin
I'm just waiting to hear "slider adjustments" in My Player
Well you could in the pc version last year, by using tsearch.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.