Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

Check out NBA 2K12 screenshot #8, featuring Ronnie2K in My Player mode.

Quote:
My Player Career of Ronnie2K - TV Commercials: Now one of the brightest stars in the NBA, Ronnie is being brought on to do do commercials on behalf of the league. Of course, one of the most dramatic is his own "Where Amazing Happens" spot.

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 infam0us @ 09/08/11 07:04 PM
Another nice touch by 2k, I'm hoping they spread this all out so this doesn't all happen by All-Star weekend.

# 2 NY State of Mind @ 09/08/11 07:06 PM
so is this number 8?

# 3 cavsfan2 @ 09/08/11 07:09 PM
this is hot. sort of a cosmetic thing, but its still awesome.

# 4 illwill10 @ 09/08/11 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by infam0us
Another nice touch by 2k, I'm hoping they spread this all out so this doesn't all happen by All-Star weekend.
It will be really hot if it is a actually commercial and not a picture.Especially if it is highlights of your player.
But yeah, hopefully it isnt too quick. I would like it to be spread out to seasons so there is something to look for.Like the Billboard one saying your the future, You get it before you even play a game. What if you leave the team early.

# 5 KB2009Champ @ 09/08/11 07:27 PM
wake me up when all the my player stuff is over

# 6 InRodWeTrust @ 09/08/11 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
It will be really hot if it is a actually commercial and not a picture.Especially if it is highlights of your player.
But yeah, hopefully it isnt too quick. I would like it to be spread out to seasons so there is something to look for.Like the Billboard one saying your the future, You get it before you even play a game. What if you leave the team early.
Lebron James anybody?

# 7 dukedude24 @ 09/08/11 07:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by InRodWeTrust
Lebron James anybody?
Lebron was #1 pick...

I think Ronnie's player was like the 20th pick.....so yea.....big difference....

definitely it's better to have all of these marketing spread out, not all in rookie season.

# 8 SwagDoc101 @ 09/08/11 08:03 PM
that ish cray...im not going to set myself up for a let down and think that its a commercial instead im just goin to be excited that its a billboard or poster ..and thank 2k for giving us a variety this year

# 9 illwill10 @ 09/08/11 08:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by InRodWeTrust
Lebron James anybody?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukedude24
Lebron was #1 pick...

I think Ronnie's player was like the 20th pick.....so yea.....big difference....

definitely it's better to have all of these marketing spread out, not all in rookie season.
Unless I am a top 5 pick/already top 5 on team in OVR/ or the missing piece, I shouldnt get a future star billboard until I am #1 in ROY. I like it, but it seems rushed

# 10 Jukeman @ 09/08/11 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KB2009Champ
wake me up when all the my player stuff is over
Lol I'm not really into this mode neither buts it's the perfect time to add alot to it...Only thing I really care for franchise mode now is just the ability to edit the NBDL..So many things could change when the lockout is over.

Add to gameplay, presentation and fix up my player is where my expectation are at with 2k12.

(sim stats tuning would be nice tho )

# 11 da ThRONe @ 09/08/11 08:15 PM
Not to be a buzz kill, but the more fluff I learn about the more, not less, I'm concerned.

I hope fluff hasn't been the theme for MP this year.

Still not drawing any conclusion until tomorrow.

# 12 BRxSKINSx @ 09/08/11 08:17 PM
Helllll na....a commercial....ssshhhh, 2k killing me....I hope that things like this continue to happen during my WHOLE my player career....Still, great work 2k...

# 13 illwill10 @ 09/08/11 08:31 PM
"

Ronnie2KRonnie 2K 2K12@

@2KGeneral You're actually in a commercial, not just a pic.

Ronnie2KRonnie 2K 2K12

I should be clear... this Commercial didn't happen Year 1 for me. Remember I have to tell a story in visuals with little context

29 seconds agoFavoriteRetweetReply
Ronnie2KRonnie 2K 2K12

Wouldn't make much sense for this to happen year one. I was a 20th pick overall and didn't start right away

Ronnie2KRonnie 2K 2K12

In Year 3, I got the commercial and I get traded shortly after. Tomorrow is the last screen at 8 AM."

# 14 RedSceptile @ 09/08/11 08:37 PM
I love how most of Ronnie's posts shut up the pessimists lol.

# 15 illwill10 @ 09/08/11 09:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSceptile
I love how most of Ronnie's posts shut up the pessimists lol.
His tweets tells us that non-games achievement taking longer to achieve; is a great thing. For most players it only took a season and a half to unlock all billboards/magazines. With him saying that it took him 3 years to get commercial, is a great thing and gives my MP depth.
My thing is whether to start a dummy MP until the lockout is year. I dont know how long the lockout will be. If it is too long or doesnt look to be over til midseason than I will create my real MP.

# 16 SwagDoc101 @ 09/08/11 09:21 PM
COMMERCIALS Fn INCREDIBLE...i wonder if you get endorsement commercials for nike, jordan brand, adidas, converse, and generic brand as well...so excited

# 17 SeanWest934520 @ 09/08/11 09:51 PM
Does anyone know what will happen with my player now that the rookies will not be in so how will the draft take place?

# 18 illwill10 @ 09/08/11 10:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySmooov
Wait, he said he has to tell a story with visuals. Does that mean these pics are in chronological order? It would make sense, because the first was the interview, the second was the mock draft, and the third was him getting his named called. 4th must have been the future billboard. The SI cover probably came after his rookie year or year 2. Shoe deal probably came after his 2nd or 3rd year, and I'd imagine that's relative to how quickly you become a star in the league; THAT would lead into THIS 8th screen, getting commercial opportunities. I'm wondering....could this last one be of him at the HOF induction ceremony, making his speech? Or maybe something simpler like a billboard after winning the Finals, or even his first All-Star selection?

Seriously, tomorrow morning can't come fast enough.
I think it probably will be HOF, if it looks great I am definitely playing deep into MP. Especially with the ability to sim to Key Games. I will do alot of simming after year 2.
I cant wait till 11AM EST. SInce I dont have any classes tomorrow, I wont miss out intial excitement.

# 19 illwill10 @ 09/08/11 11:18 PM
I hope that there is also a Sim game feature from the menu, not the sim to key game feature. I like the new feature,but depending on your position/ratings/conference/division there isnt too many key games, until you were a Star. For me it was 5-20 Key Games. I dont want to play 82 games, but I dont want to only play Key games until I am past year 3. I dont mind playing bad teams because they are good for breakout games and as a young player. But, I like to limit them.

# 20 The Bad Man @ 09/09/11 12:13 AM
will der be a continuation of your myplayer in nba 2k13?

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.