Home
FIFA Soccer 12 News Post

The FIFA Soccer 12 demo is available now for PS3 and 360. If you are looking for the PC demo, click the following link.

http://static.cdn.ea.com/fifa/u/f/fi...install_eu.zip

Game: FIFA Soccer 12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 14 - View All
FIFA Soccer 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 MachoMyers @ 09/13/11 05:56 AM
Nice. Can't wait to try it.

# 2 TheTruth @ 09/13/11 07:00 AM
Bah…been stuck on 99% for 30 minutes. Keeps saying can't download fifa12 and throws me out of active downloads. Go to redownload and it starts at 98% and gets stuck again at 99%.

# 3 msuhockeycj @ 09/13/11 07:24 AM
Figures, I get up early to download the demo and for some reason can't connect to Xbox Live. The internet connection is fine, it just wont connect.... frustrating.

# 4 davis420 @ 09/13/11 07:30 AM
I just remembered the demo drops this morning. I thought I could get a quick game in before work but.... no xboxlive! UGH!

# 5 Tomba @ 09/13/11 07:30 AM
same here? was on xboxlive like 10 minutes ago so this post/thread and was oh gotta get back on and pffft nothin

I'm sold if Fifa 12 has moving linesman and cameramen like in PES2012 If not i don't know

# 6 J-Unit40 @ 09/13/11 07:40 AM
1.42 GB. Won't play til later, but really looking forward to it.

# 7 PeruvianPlaya954 @ 09/13/11 07:52 AM
I walked into my bro's room while he was sleeping, set it to download on his Xbox 360 (I have the PS3), and am now in my early morning class. Can't wait until it's over to head home and give this a try.

# 8 msuhockeycj @ 09/13/11 08:10 AM
The word over on the Xbox forums is that high demand for the FIFA demo crashed the server... Dont know if there is any truth to that but kinda amusing if it is.

# 9 Tomba @ 09/13/11 08:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by msuhockeycj
The word over on the Xbox forums is that high demand for the FIFA demo crashed the server... Dont know if there is any truth to that but kinda amusing if it is.

No not now

# 10 carnalnirvana @ 09/13/11 08:15 AM
after downloading it twice, the first download got corrupted, played 1 game and i know everything i need to know about fifa 12.

its beautiful, its smooth, its controls well, its not football.....

defense is the same garbage its been for years.
star players wont take you on 1v1
goals come from crosses

couldn't see anything smart about the new AI from the CPU because i cant get consistent pressure on players IMO skill under pressure/being marked is what sets apart great players ex. i press the man with possesion he passes it, the man recieving the ball depending on skill, could: dummy, 1 2 pass , flick it on, chip, hold up play, mis play it, trap it perfect, miss the pass etc.

none of this is possible in fifa because as usual no one is marking anyone, and they definately are not marking tight unless i do it manually. So when mark 1 player they pass i switch but as usual the player i get is miles off his man. I AM SICK OF THE CPU GETTING A FREE PASS UP THE FIELD. in the box CB's are 5yds off strikers when marking them....

well. i am getting the season pass to see if the sliders can give user AI any sense. I dont need more than 1 game with this demo to know what fifa is about. IF I CAN GET MY D TO PLAY THIS GAME CAN BE VERY GOOD.

# 11 PES3Paul @ 09/13/11 08:15 AM
My download went to 99% and timed out. Re-downloading it now. Effin servers...

# 12 mrclutch @ 09/13/11 08:51 AM
I can't access it. Some stupid error coming up.

# 13 JimmyDeicide @ 09/13/11 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvana
after downloading it twice, the first download got corrupted, played 1 game and i know everything i need to know about fifa 12.

its beautiful, its smooth, its controls well, its not football.....

defense is the same garbage its been for years.
star players wont take you on 1v1
goals come from crosses

couldn't see anything smart about the new AI from the CPU because i cant get consistent pressure on players IMO skill under pressure/being marked is what sets apart great players ex. i press the man with possesion he passes it, the man recieving the ball depending on skill, could: dummy, 1 2 pass , flick it on, chip, hold up play, mis play it, trap it perfect, miss the pass etc.

none of this is possible in fifa because as usual no one is marking anyone, and they definately are not marking tight unless i do it manually. So when mark 1 player they pass i switch but as usual the player i get is miles off his man. I AM SICK OF THE CPU GETTING A FREE PASS UP THE FIELD. in the box CB's are 5yds off strikers when marking them....

well. i am getting the season pass to see if the sliders can give user AI any sense. I dont need more than 1 game with this demo to know what fifa is about. IF I CAN GET MY D TO PLAY THIS GAME CAN BE VERY GOOD.
A solid assessment id say so far. So they went from all out pressure to non at all. Defenders should be way tighter around the box. The cpu seems to pass the ball around more because your team is in better defensive position as a whole but it doesnt seem right when absolutely no one pressures .

The hatrick of gameplay is just another box art bullet point no big deal kinda along side whats going on with NHL 12 any changes are very subtle and unless you played the crap outta 11 Joe shmo probably wont even see a difference between 11 and 12.

The ai seems a little better to me and my players are making more or better runs overlapping full backs is nice now i dont have to scream at them to do it.

Early verdict is its very much along the lines of NHL 12 in that it seems improved but its very subtle.
Sliders may be the key to this one.

# 14 bonannogiovanni @ 09/13/11 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba

No not now
Hey Tomba, can you give your impressions on the broadcast cam? Any changes this year? In the past I had problems playing on the other side of the field cause the camera didn't zoom in. Thanks.

# 15 ZoneBlitz @ 09/13/11 09:54 AM
I am not liking what I am hearing so far. I may have to do the unthinkable and get PES this year. I really have great hopes for this game.

My question is this: Does it play better than FIFA 11?

I am disappointed because it seems that despite all of their talk, the game is still the same or worse. I don't see howmthey could, allgedly at least, do all that work and there seems to be no effective defense, poor AI, and stars that don't act like they are stars.

I hope when I get home from work I can play it and have a positive impression.

# 16 Tomba @ 09/13/11 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonannogiovanni
Hey Tomba, can you give your impressions on the broadcast cam? Any changes this year? In the past I had problems playing on the other side of the field cause the camera didn't zoom in. Thanks.
I know this might not be the place. But I HAVE played the new side pitch view in PES2012. and all i can say is WOW so much better than last years broadcast ...

My live is still down once it's up and the demo's downloaded i'll give my impression of it as gameplay i can only imagine is spot on

# 17 PeruvianPlaya954 @ 09/13/11 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneBlitz
I am not liking what I am hearing so far. I may have to do the unthinkable and get PES this year. I really have great hopes for this game.

My question is this: Does it play better than FIFA 11?

I am disappointed because it seems that despite all of their talk, the game is still the same or worse. I don't see howmthey could, allgedly at least, do all that work and there seems to be no effective defense, poor AI, and stars that don't act like they are stars.

I hope when I get home from work I can play it and have a positive impression.
Not to knock this thread off its track, but reasons for this might be because they don't really change much from year to year, just re-label them.

Check out this video that holds some truth despite its comical nature:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDP--...ature=youtu.be

# 18 carnalnirvana @ 09/13/11 10:23 AM
^^^ his vids are spot on.

# 19 jb12780 @ 09/13/11 10:23 AM
Legendary, and slow game speed. Try it. If you try and play real defense by closing down passing lanes and play your angles right, the CPU will build up their play.

Also, tackling is a whole new ball game. Better time your challenges right.

# 20 MachoMyers @ 09/13/11 10:49 AM
Can you adjust the difficulty and game speed in the demo?

« Previous1234567891819Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.