Home
FIFA Soccer 12 News Post

The FIFA Soccer 12 demo is available now for PS3 and 360. If you are looking for the PC demo, click the following link.

http://static.cdn.ea.com/fifa/u/f/fi...install_eu.zip

Game: FIFA Soccer 12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 14 - View All
FIFA Soccer 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 Greene_Flash03 @ 09/14/11 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaosming
Good video. Some of the collisions are a bit over the top.

# 142 bonannogiovanni @ 09/14/11 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncguy
Did see one neat "little thing" - during the run of play made a tackle on the CPU and the player went down and stayed down. He got up a bit and limped around but then sat back down. The ref stopped play and the player went to the sideline. Play resumed via a dropball and the CPU played a long ball to my keeper to give me possession back.

Pretty cool.
Wow, that's amazing and may be crowned as the mother of all little things, did you save a replay by chance?

# 143 bonannogiovanni @ 09/14/11 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaosming
Backbreaker anyone?

# 144 addybojangles @ 09/14/11 10:46 AM
I would rather have the player impact be a little too over the top then the other way around.

I love this version of FIFA.

# 145 jaosming @ 09/14/11 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonannogiovanni
Backbreaker anyone?
You do realize I am one of the biggest fans of Backbreaker right?

It is a bit over the top, but in real time it looks pretty damn good.

# 146 Qb @ 09/14/11 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses Shuttlesworth
I'm not liking how I have to use R1 to play defense...
I found it rather awkward as well. I often wanted my teammate to contain while I tracked a runner... only problem is I needed to sprint to keep up with him. Both right shoulder buttons at the same time is not my idea of intuitive controls. Here's what I did and it helped (PS3/360):

R1/RB: Contain (the guy I'm controlling)
Square/X: Teammate contain
X/A: Tackle

This setup uses the old teammate press button to call for teammate contain and returns human tackling to the same button as well. Plus, you don't really need to sprint during user contain, so the R1/R2 dilemma isn't much of an issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckabillyRaider
man, I am struggling. Playing on professional (usually play on world class) and I have yet to score a goal! Tactical defending is taking some time to get used to. One thing I notice though, is that the cpu will literally keep possession forever when playing with tactical defending. Gotta play some more
I dropped down to Professional as well to get accustomed to tactical defending and the controls. The learning curve on defense is large and I usually wasn't chasing all over the field in previous years. I think I really like it, but man is it going to take some time to adjust.

I would like to see AI teammates mark a little tighter away from the ball. I believe that's one of the sliders, so that's good news (I think).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josam27o7
I HATE the new broadcast camera, it's too far away from the other side of the field.

I HATE what they have done with shooting. It feels like I am kicking a marble. This is a dealbreaker, it makes the game SO MUCH less fun.

I HATE the R1 button assignment of secondary press.
You can CHANGE the camera.

Not sure what you mean about the shooting. To be honest, I didn't have the opportunity to take many shots. Care to elaborate?

You can CHANGE the button assignments. I also did not like using R1 for teammate contain.

# 147 bonannogiovanni @ 09/14/11 11:21 AM
Quote:
I HATE the new broadcast camera, it's too far away from the other side of the field.
Use the zoom slider in the camera setting. If that still doesn't fit you, try the new tele-broadcast camera.

# 148 209vaughn @ 09/14/11 11:32 AM
Its absolutely amazing. No more auto defending crap and it seems like they've turned down the turbo affect too. High pressure defenses will get punished this year. I played a contain style defense in 11 so it's not a big adjustment to me.

The general physics of the players and the ball feel way more natural too. The AI attack is actually based upon working the ball into the box and not just crossing it into the box for a header every time.

But IMO, the super powered defenders from last year are toned down a bit. You actually have time on the ball this year to set up your offense as opposed to last year where the heat seeking missle defenders blow you up.

# 149 KG @ 09/14/11 11:47 AM
My 2nd video

Dortmund (me) vs Man City
2nd half I switched to the Tele-Broadcasting camera

# 150 MachoMyers @ 09/14/11 11:56 AM
I am all about the tele broadcast camera. Might be my favorite sports game camera besides NBA 2ks broadcast cam.

# 151 TomAH30 @ 09/14/11 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier12
I am all about the tele broadcast camera. Might
be my favorite sports game camera besides NBA 2ks broadcast cam.
I agree. I usually mess around with different cameras but the default one is perfect this year.

# 152 Josam27o7 @ 09/14/11 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomAH30
I agree. I usually mess around with different cameras but the default one is perfect this year.

I hate the broadcast tele cam. The other side of the pitch is too hard to see. I love the regular tele cam with some adjustments.

This is the greatest sports game I've ever played. Might be the greatest game PERIOD.

# 153 electrickeeper @ 09/14/11 01:27 PM
On the subject of cameras, I miss the Dynamic V2 from FIFA 10. I made do with Dynamic last year, but V2 was my favorite.

# 154 woody2goody @ 09/14/11 01:36 PM
Having played about 8-10 matches so far these are my impressions on the demo:

LIKING:

- The new menus and presentation. They are much improved from previous FIFA games and work much quicker than before.

- The graphics. Again, much improved, especially the player faces and the kit textures, the latter of which are excellent. The nets are also better this year.

- The shooting, well mostly anyway. Finesse shots are excellent, and shots are definitely weightier this year. Keepers don't seem to much different.

- The commentary from Martin Tyler and Alan Smith. Much improved from last year with more lines about goalkeepers (finally!).

NOT LIKING:

- Gameplay speed. It seems really slow to me. In fact both Pro Evo and FIFA are on the slow side this year IMO.

- Short passing. This has always been FIFA's strong suit on the pitch and to me it's awful this year. There's no weight to the passes at all, and barely any even if you charge the bar all the way.

- The difficulty curve. With shooting on assisted, it's too easy to hit the target, and with shooting on semi or manual it's too hard.

- The AI. Players on your team don't react to the ball quickly enough, while CPU players seem too intelligent once again, especially on professional.

Overall it's still a purchase for me as I've signed up for a league, but I won't play it half as much as I thought I would if they don't tweak it for release.

# 155 Josam27o7 @ 09/14/11 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
I found it rather awkward as well. I often wanted my teammate to contain while I tracked a runner... only problem is I needed to sprint to keep up with him. Both right shoulder buttons at the same time is not my idea of intuitive controls. Here's what I did and it helped (PS3/360):

R1/RB: Contain (the guy I'm controlling)
Square/X: Teammate contain
X/A: Tackle

This setup uses the old teammate press button to call for teammate contain and returns human tackling to the same button as well. Plus, you don't really need to sprint during user contain, so the R1/R2 dilemma isn't much of an issue.

I dropped down to Professional as well to get accustomed to tactical defending and the controls. The learning curve on defense is large and I usually wasn't chasing all over the field in previous years. I think I really like it, but man is it going to take some time to adjust.

I would like to see AI teammates mark a little tighter away from the ball. I believe that's one of the sliders, so that's good news (I think).

You can CHANGE the camera.

Not sure what you mean about the shooting. To be honest, I didn't have the opportunity to take many shots. Care to elaborate?

You can CHANGE the button assignments. I also did not like using R1 for teammate contain.
Yeh. Once I learned how to change the camera last night this game really shined.

I love your idea with the button assignments. Where did you put slide tackle? On the O button?

As far as shooting is concerned, doesn't the ball feel more like a "medicine ball"? It's NOT that bad, but I am not sure if I like where they took it from Fifa 11. Do you like the change?

After extensive play I think tactical defending works great. You can jockey right into a player and take the ball. It doesn't need to be a manual tackle. Yet when you are running along side an opponent the manual tackle give you good options for gently reaching in for a tackle.

# 156 JJT @ 09/14/11 01:44 PM
I changed standing tackle back to the A button, because I couldn't get used to it being B.

I love how they have changed the end to end camera, always loved the camera but couldn't really see all the time, now the camera swings around abit and is almost perfect, thank you ea.

I saw Van persie point to the corner for the corner kick, but it was clearly a goal kick, was awesome.

Game feels alot more smooth and quicker (throw ins seem way faster).

Can't wait to pick it up.

# 157 elprez98 @ 09/14/11 01:47 PM
Quote:
Yeh. Once I learned how to change the camera last night this game really shined.

I love your idea with the button assignments. Where did you put slide tackle? On the O button?

As far as shooting is concerned, doesn't the ball feel more like a "medicine ball"? It's NOT that bad, but I am not sure if I like where they took it from Fifa 11. Do you like the change?
I personally love the new ball physics. It finally looks like it has weight. It used to move like it was a bit of helium in there.

# 158 Sausage @ 09/14/11 01:55 PM
I am really enjoying the action on the pitch this year. I have never been a fan of a broadcast type view, so what I did was change the camera view to "end to end", and customized it more by pulling the camera back further. At least for me this has really enhanced the game, improved my passing, and shooting when I am pushing to score.

Give it a go and tell me what you all think.

# 159 Qb @ 09/14/11 02:57 PM
Quote:
Glad you were able to find something that worked for you. I like the look of the tele broadcast, but it is hard to judge when the ball is on the other side of the pitch.

Quote:
Yes. I've always used the alternate control scheme since I used to play so much WE/PES back in the day. So I put each function on the button I was used to from past versions.

Quote:
Like I said, I didn't get too many shots off in the few games I got to play. I'll have to make an effort to get off some long-rangers next time I play.

Quote:
After extensive play I think tactical defending works great. You can jockey right into a player and take the ball. It doesn't need to be a manual tackle. Yet when you are running along side an opponent the manual tackle give you good options for gently reaching in for a tackle.
I love the idea of it as well. I'm very interested to see how it plays out with the masses. A lot of people will need to change their game, particularly when it comes to OTP. Not sure what to expect in a few weeks...

# 160 BrianFifaFan @ 09/14/11 04:19 PM
Running the demo for PC. Game looks incredible. I have it maxed out at 1080p with full details. It is smooth as butter. Got the demo expander to give me 6 minute halves. The gameplay is top-notch, save some Defensive tweaks. I played a couple of games as Man City against Arsenal. I'm definitely leaning in the PC direction, this is the Fifa I've always dreamed of. Can't wait to see what the PC modders can do with this game! Great job, EA!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.