Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

2K Sports sent us this OS exclusive video of the 1st quarter between the Los Angeles Clippers and Boston Celtics. Give it a view and let us know what you think.

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Nodima @ 09/15/11 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RivaGe
Loved the intro and all those phrases like "They were 19-11 against Western teams last season", but it's also a big flaw in my opinion. They are not "dynamic" commentary sentences and thus after a season in association the commentators won't be talking as much. I wish they made "They were x-y against z teams last season", where x,y and z are separately recorded numbers and teams.

How do you know that?

# 82 Nodima @ 09/15/11 10:34 AM
I didn't notice any of the live ball stuff they were talking about, it seemed like some of the layups/passes on both sides of the court were a little dumb and stuff I kind of expected to be cleaned up by the supposedly live ball physics.

# 83 KING2672 @ 09/15/11 10:41 AM
The court is hugeee im gonna have a field day with miami

# 84 Spanky @ 09/15/11 10:50 AM
Pre-ordered yesterday on Amazon. $59.99 + 99 cents for release-day delivery, and no tax.

Add to that $20 credit for previous Madden 12 purchase and $37 trade-in credit for that abomination of a game, NCAA 12.

My total for potentially one of the top 10 all-time greatest video games (I always go into this with lower expectations): $3.33.

Add to that a $10 credit for future Amazon purchase.

That don't bite.

# 85 ForeverVersatile @ 09/15/11 10:51 AM
Some screens i captured..enjoy
Edit: resized

[

# 86 da ThRONe @ 09/15/11 10:58 AM
Finally you can let the ball roll up the court untouched. This is so important when your down late to save extra seconds.

Loved when Blake Griffin attempted the put back dunk after somebody else grabbed the rebound.

# 87 domidomdomz @ 09/15/11 10:59 AM
No more sliding dornas. LED screens on the sideline, baby!

# 88 myownsun @ 09/15/11 11:04 AM
After watching this video I don't want to finish my classic/current-team season with 2k11.

Did you see how quick rondos crossover is, my goodness!

# 89 Moses Shuttlesworth @ 09/15/11 11:05 AM
Obviously this isn't gonna bother anyone else so much, but being a Celtics fan from Boston, every year they get the accessories wrong and I just can't understand why it's always the same issue.

White accessories at home...why is that so hard to grasp/accomplish.

# 90 DJ @ 09/15/11 11:06 AM
Enjoyed the video, thanks for sharing.

# 91 KB2009Champ @ 09/15/11 11:08 AM
Am I the only one that felt like they were watching a 2k11 vid?

Not much of a difference.

# 92 Pared @ 09/15/11 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc_Rez
Am I the only one upset when he didn't pass it to Griffin when he was cutting to the basket?
That's part of my problems.

The AI missed that, threw forced passes to initiate a fastbreak. The Bigs were doing the "jump and turn around pass" to get the ball to the PG.

The AI PG STILL initiates plays at the top of the 3 point line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolanji
i like how u use sarcasm to get ur point across Pared,u use to get me with em but i have been around long enough to see em like looking at the matrix monitor...lol
I wish I was being sarcastic. I was genuinely underwhelmed. Doesn't mean I didn't like what I see - but I'm a straight shooter.

With the right settings much of what you saw was possible in 2k11.

Either way - I know it will be an evolution as opposed to a revolution but everything I've read pointed to the latter.

# 93 ForeverVersatile @ 09/15/11 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodima
I didn't notice any of the live ball stuff they were talking about, it seemed like some of the layups/passes on both sides of the court were a little dumb and stuff I kind of expected to be cleaned up by the supposedly live ball physics.
You have no clue what your talking about bro, live ball physics will affect steals, rebounds and loose balls. If the ball got loose on every possession you would never score. Some people love to forget that this is a video game.

# 94 Toaster @ 09/15/11 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared

The AI missed that, threw forced passes to initiate a fastbreak. The Bigs were doing the "jump and turn around pass" to get the ball to the PG.

I wish I was being sarcastic. I was genuinely underwhelmed. Doesn't mean I didn't like what I see - but I'm a straight shooter.

Either way - I know it will be an evolution as opposed to a revolution but everything I've read pointed to the latter.
Well the Hypemobile will do that to you sometimes...

# 95 rangerrick012 @ 09/15/11 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
Loved when Blake Griffin attempted the put back dunk after somebody else grabbed the rebound.
I may be wrong but i'm pretty sure that was in last year. May have been in 2k10 as well.

# 96 Goffs @ 09/15/11 11:21 AM
eh...guys buggin out about accessory colors when in the roster update its usually fixed...

# 97 str8stuntin03 @ 09/15/11 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared

You cant expect the AI to make the right decision every time. Plus with such a small sample, its not possible to see the AI adapt to whats happening over the course of an entire game. From the impressions, that I have read, this where this game suppose to shine. From this video I can see both teams just feeling each other out.

# 98 Nodima @ 09/15/11 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Throne2K11
You have no clue what your talking about bro, live ball physics will affect steals, rebounds and lose balls. If the ball got lose on every possession you would never score. Some people love to forget that this is a video game.
BRO, there were articles explicitly pointing out you might end up dribbling the ball off your teammate if you weren't careful. So, excuse me bro, but I'm only going off what a lot of the early articles told me. A few of them pretty explicitly said be careful with your dribbles bros, or else you might dribble off one of your bros or lose your dribble to one of your non-bros.

# 99 Moses Shuttlesworth @ 09/15/11 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
eh...guys buggin out about accessory colors when in the roster update its usually fixed...
nah man...i'm not too hopeful because this is what I assume every year, yet every year I am sorely disappointed.

# 100 youngfaze01 @ 09/15/11 11:25 AM
Ray Allen looks human!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.