Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

2K Sports sent us this OS exclusive video of the 1st quarter between the Los Angeles Clippers and Boston Celtics. Give it a view and let us know what you think.

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 champsbasketball @ 09/15/11 11:58 AM
how do you roll the ball on the floor, because that will come in handly for close games.

# 122 ffaacc03 @ 09/15/11 12:01 PM
Is a really small sample and one has to have that under consideration, having said that, here are my impressions:

- Was highly surprised by the amount of onball and offball screens, absolutely beautyfull, the picks seem to really work now instead of the supermario run stand still animation.

- Loved how that fastbrake was run by the AI and how it ended by passing to a wide open 3pt corner shot.

- Erratic passes seem to have been toned down as evidenced in the LAC 1st offensive possesion, Gomez (not a good passer) throw a long ball to Gordon and he didnt went nuts to try and grab that pass, which is essential now that there is no force field in the outside.

- Also saw a few passes that the AI would have predicted and intercepted in 2k11 that werent in this version.

- Loved how the AI relentsly attacked after missed shots,
Kaman and Blake made a couple of beautyfull offensive rebounds and inmediate shots.

- Liked the fewer collitions in the perimeter, at least the 2k11 ones that always stood like improper given the context of what was happening (momentun and all).

- Not sure, but I think I saw an instance were players werent lost after a play that couldnt be finished as intended, if so, what a beauty.

- Finally, am disapointed at the plays still initiating at the top of the arc, instead of when you just select the play (should be from anywhere on the court without a specific area indicator, the initiator, shouldnt be forced to initiate the play in an specific position ... while "to make the play happen" he might have to move to some area, but why to initiate it ?)

While a few things could be addressed in 2k11 by tweaking sliders, up to now, I have yet to find some that could grant me the whole package of what I just saw. In sum, a very exciting and promising gameplay video, despite the hum user lack of skills that somewhat detract from the whole picture.

# 123 SageInfinite @ 09/15/11 12:05 PM
I like what I saw for the most part.

Honestly though, these type of videos never get me hyped.

# 124 VladCanada @ 09/15/11 12:07 PM
Anybody else worried about the passing system? I counted 2 bounce passes the whole time by the CPU, none by the user.

With CPU controlled passing the pass attempt by O'neal at 2:44 wouldn't of been deflected. A bounce pass would of been a better option then a overhead pass. If we had 2K7 controls, it would of got to Pierce on the first try and not be deflected.

Anyone else seeing this? Other then that the game looks fantastic, but with a cheap passing system I must say I'm not interested. Back to 2K7 for me.

# 125 1WEiRDguy @ 09/15/11 12:08 PM
the only thing im disappointed about is that they havent incorporated the CH2k8 passing system. I want to be able to manually decide what kinda pass I wanna do and when i wanna do it. If i want the entry pass to be a bounce pass to the post...i want to decide that and not have it based on some passer rating...

Everything else seems great, but i would really like it if that was something on the board for next year since it seems CH isnt getting another game.

I agree with everything everyone has said about the presentation and the more subtle improvements to body interactions and what not...for the 1st gameplay video, i wasnt disappointed overall

# 126 bateman11 @ 09/15/11 12:11 PM
uhhh can you say team signature camera angles!

# 127 scottyp180 @ 09/15/11 12:12 PM
cannot wait to get my hands on the demo even though the video didn't WOW me. when 2k11 videos were first released there was a huge, noticeable difference between that and 2k10. In this video there seems to be a lot of subtle changes that just makes the overall product better. I'm an avid 2k player so I can notice many of the changes but a casual fan might see this video and think that its pretty much the same game. What gets me pumped is the overall flow and polish of the game, it just looks a lot smoother, cleaner, crisp; leading me to believe the feel and control of the game will be more responsive and realistic. Also liking the sounds/audio of the game. I think steve kerr will add a lot to the commentary (always been a fan of him) and the crowd, to me, sounds more live. cant wait to see how amped up playoff games get. Hopefully there will be a lot of hectic home courts (warriors crowd is always crazy, celtic's playoff games are intense)

# 128 champsbasketball @ 09/15/11 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Throne2K11
You have no clue what your talking about bro, live ball physics will affect steals, rebounds and lose balls. If the ball got lose on every possession you would never score. Some people love to forget that this is a video game.

lmao, thats real talk.

# 129 TUSS11 @ 09/15/11 12:18 PM
It looks really smooth. Iso-Motion is going to be nasty.

@7:54 I didn't know Usain Bolt plays for the Clippers. Oh wait, that's Al-Farouq Aminu. Damn lead pass speed boost.

# 130 VladCanada @ 09/15/11 12:20 PM
There were also zero bounce passes to a man posting in the paint, all 2 bounce passes in that whole video were outside the perimeter of the 3pt line.

# 131 dukedude24 @ 09/15/11 12:25 PM
some of the lay ups look ugly....one by Green, one by Blake....

# 132 Jakeness23 @ 09/15/11 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
That was sweet. 2K giving another piece of physical evidence to shut up those non-sports gamers who cite them as "the same game" every year. Everything about this game seems to top or improve on what was present last year.

Unfortunately this now has to turn into one of THOSE posts. Who is gonna have to be bribed on the dev team to FINALLY get some home/away/alternate accessories in this game. Not a gamebreaker obviously for those who will undoubtedly act like that's what this is saying. It's just a tad on the completely ridiculous side that this hasn't been fixed yet. At the very least allow us to edit other players in My Player and Playoff modes so I don't have to be forced to look at stupid inaccurate uniform combinations like that white headband green bands and black sleeves look they have for the C's here (they rock all white at home for the record)

Other than that, fantastic stuff from 2K and this vid makes the wait for the 4th even harder.
I'm with you bro, if they had them separate, it would make this game a 100 on a 10 point scale to me... right now it's a 90 haha

# 133 TheKasmar @ 09/15/11 12:37 PM
The most impressive thing about the video for me was cpu play and off-ball movement on the offensive end. Hopefully that carries over into My Player. Passing looks similar to last year. At 8:15 in the vid, I like that the defense was able to defend the lay-up attempt by O'neal after the lead pass from Rondo.

I too would've liked to have seen some more examples of live ball physics. Those will come with more videos or by the time we get the demo.

# 134 jersez @ 09/15/11 12:45 PM
when i saw Kamen cut to the open space, when Griffin was double teamed. A tear fell from my left eye. Wish we could have see how the isomotion works this year, that was my only let down of the video, ray allen showed a little bit.

# 135 blingballa333 @ 09/15/11 12:49 PM
Positives:
-I'm actually loving how the CPU is playing. They are going to they're main guys Griffin and Gordon. And I don't believe I saw them run the same exact play twice. They may have run a similar play but it was on the opposite side of the court or they chose a different option. Also I love how Blake Griffin was so aware of when to set a pick, on one possesion I saw him set 3 perimeter picks when a play wasn't even running.
-The jumpshooting is very smooth; there are no hitches involved and and it looks like the days of getting your jumpshot blocked from rediculous places is gone.
-I liked the animation choices that the game made around the hoop. No more elongated contact animations down low when most NBA players are skilled enough to find a way to put up a clean shot.
-The post game looks completely overhauled for sure, looks like KG has a new post fadeaway. Also the post entries look MUCH better
- Ray Allen's new sig shot looks noooiccee. As well as everybody else's, minus Gordon.
-At 5:26, I love how Rondo began to initiate a euro step but since there was defense in front of him, he was stopped in his tracks and was forced to put up an ugly shot. NICE.
-I loved the final play of the video when O'Neal got blocked by Griffin. Looked smooth and realistic, not canned at all.
Negatives
-The CPU passed up a couple open shots.
-That Griffin layup... yuck.
-Ronnie is not too skilled at the game, seemed like he was trying to spam the paint with Rondo (maybe intentionally?)

Overall this video was great and definitely an improvement from last year in every aspect. Can't wait to get my hands on this game.

# 136 Robrarian @ 09/15/11 12:50 PM
Very nice. Everything I liked has already been touched on, but a couple things:

Wasn't sure at 1st how the 3-man booth would work...thought it might be a bit cluttered/crowded. But sounds like they all mesh seamlessly. Much as I like Clark (probably in the minority, I know), Steve looks like a great addition.

The walk-the-ball up animation is back! No more of that creeping hunchback stuff from last year.

Looks like we have a legit fastbreak this season.

Everything just looks so...fluid. Shooting, defensive movement, passing, off-ball movement.....just everything. Smooth as can be.

Hard to read too much into an 8-minute sneak peek, but if this is what's in store, well, they've outdone themselves (yet again).

# 137 ForeverVersatile @ 09/15/11 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukedude24
some of the lay ups look ugly....one by Green, one by Blake....
They were affected or changed by the contact physics Bro

# 138 OGKing @ 09/15/11 01:03 PM
People always seem to have to complain about everything, just enjoy the game, it's going to be spectacular..

Players in real life sometimes put up "ugly shots"

# 139 exposedaking @ 09/15/11 01:09 PM
reminds me of 2k9, and thats a good thing....

# 140 Canes305 @ 09/15/11 01:16 PM
i know its a little thing but i like the addition of the LED scores table flashing the advertisments

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.