Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

According to Kotaku's Owen Good, NBA 2K12 Legends will not be available online.

Quote:
None of the 34 teams unlockable in "NBA's Greatest" will be available for online multiplayer modes. There had been some confusion, even hope that they would, as earlier reports suggested that once a team is unlocked from "NBA's Greatest" it is available across all modes of play. 2K Sports just confirmed for me all the modes in which these teams can be used, and online multiplayer isn't one of them.

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 SdotThaDon @ 09/19/11 12:40 AM
My copy is paid for, still will enjoy the game but VERY disappointed with the news. Hopefully this is not final. I split time online and offline 50/50. I mostly play with a small circle of friends and family. We are able to get together and play every now and then, but with work schedules and families online games are more convenient. As basketball fans we have these debates throughout the year about who would beat who and which team was the best. This would be the ultimate game for fans of not only the nba but nba history as well. 2k is about to give gamers blue balls lol.

# 142 SwagDoc101 @ 09/19/11 05:28 AM
smh ...i dont get it...2k knows that we all want that option...how could they drop the rock...FUMBLE!!!

# 143 Ken North @ 09/19/11 05:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruggedrum
That is just stupid, maybe if we make enough of a fuss on blogs they will change this. I mean you have them on the covers we should be able to play online. That was my main hope and reason why I was going to buy this game.
We're a little over a week from release. They're not going to change anything significant at this point.

# 144 The Bad Man @ 09/19/11 06:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax17
Don't care personally.

As far as any logical reasons why it's not in.. well there aren't any good reasons, maybe conflicts with the filters and the 3-point line for ex. what if the 60's Celtics play the 93 Magic would you use the black&white and would there be a 3-point line. Of course maybe they could have added all these options for you to choose before game but didn't have time.
good reasoning but the bad thing is youre not a 2k dev madmax. if 2k is the one exactly saying this maybe i can understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyp180
I don't play online but this doesn't make sense to me, didn't they allow you to use classic teams last year? IMO a lot of the classic teams aren't even over powering compared to teams of today, in fact I think they could make for a lot of good match-ups so I can't see the reasoning being that the classic teams would be unfair. Hopefully 2k will give an explanation this week, if not change their decision.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabri3l3
not a big problem for me... but a major letdown for who's really interested in legends
i plan to buy this game because of these legends. its a major major letdown actually

Quote:
Originally Posted by aloncho11
It is true that online has not been 2K's forte, and making these teams available online may add to the problem instead of making it better.

I'm sure the 2K team had this in mind, but the technical fallibility of actually implementing it may have be the main reason of the classic teams being dropped for online.
i'm not quite sure of that because i've never even heard 2k say anything about their online system. they dont even had an online insight for 2k11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knickerbocker
I still hope the news is bogus though and will continue to hope so until 2k tells us that we are indeed unable to play with the legends online.
Quote:
Oh come on with all this techincal problems BS. Truth is noone knows why they didn't include them (I'm still waiting for an official confirmation by 2k).
exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Throne2K11
Look unless your a developer, then you don't know the actual reason to why the classic teams won't be available online. To many people on this site tend to think they know it all, must most of the time are dead wrong. Let's stop crying and let the Dev's give us the reason for this issue.
too frank but very well said playa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcras7
I don't know what is wrong with 2k sports, I am just a person on the internet and even I have the answer, listen up 2k just go to your computer and type allow classic teams to play online, how difficult was that, and 2k here is the answer for your other online issues just type get new servers, there you go problem solved, I am a genius.
Quote:
Or alternate scenario:

I understand you completely 2ksports, I am just a person on the internet but even I understand how hard is to implement classic teams to play online, it's really, really difficult. Oh and 2k, don't even bother with new servers I know just how hard and expensive is to get those. No need to solve your problems. I love you just the way you are, with all of your little imperfections.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLosophy
Dear 2k/Take Two Management -

There's this term going around called "The Cloud." It's this great concept of about putting pretty much everything on the internet. I mean everything. Music, documents, photos, software, even games (multiplayer games at that). It's the hottest term in the industry and even stock investors are buying up Cloud based companies. It's safe to say that sooner or later, everything is going to be based off of internet. Look at Steam, it is an entire library of games I can play through my internet connection, some even multiplayer.

No matter how much you fight it, Online is going to be the wave of the future. Internet connections are going to replace telephone lines, and eventually everyone except farmers are going to be on high speed connections.

So do all your paying customers a favor and get on board. Let's be honest, I'm still going to buy your game because of the hard work you put into other areas (and you're also the only game in town - literally). But even though EA is way behind you all right now for Basketball games, we can all hear their footsteps in the distance. And the one area in which they've always had you beat is devoting resources to their online components. I hope for your sake you get on board - but right now your opponent is on the ground and you all are basically standing over him leaving your groin wide open.

That is all.
^^hopefully 2k reads these posts thoroughly and explains the issue to at least try put an end to this 'online' disappointment and different/indifferent consumer speculations.

i believe it takes a 2k developer or representative to answer all these to somehow calm some affected ones down.

remember the charles barkley subject. people including me got a little annoyed why he still aint in this 2k12. then 2k finally explained why he's not there. and just like that, the concerned fans somehow stfu and stopped complaining, and leave them hoping they get him for 2k13.

2k needs to say something about their online system and specifically why these legends teams arent playable online, because the following line is really not pleasing to read imo, and its in the title of this thread:
NBA 2K12 Legends Not Available Online

# 145 BigBlue @ 09/19/11 08:00 AM
This 'inexcusable' decision by 2K really does take some of the luster off of the shine of 2K12 right off the bat. Count me in as extremely disappointed!

BigBlue

# 146 PaperBoyx703 @ 09/19/11 08:17 AM
So this year's 2k has a weakness after all ...I'm still getting it.

# 147 PaperBoyx703 @ 09/19/11 08:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giammajo
From the looks of this thread, most people are either "online" players, or "offline players. ...
What are the other options again?

# 148 xMoJox @ 09/19/11 08:35 AM
Daaang. Would it have been fun to do a team up with the 2002 Kings vs the 2002 Lakers or what? That woulda been soooo fun.

# 149 Xx Qontrolz xX @ 09/19/11 08:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_XaVo7o3_l
What are the other options again?
both may be? ....

# 150 SdotThaDon @ 09/19/11 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph999
this is not a big deal..
For you, perhaps. For people who grew up in the 90's watching some of these teams, it's definitely a big deal. Even for those of you who don't care for the feature, the more options the game has the better. Im not big on my player but if it wasn't included it'd bother me a bit. Options>>>>preferences.

# 151 Giammajo @ 09/19/11 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx Qontrolz xX
both may be? ....
^^^ exactly. I was just commenting that most people in this thread are posting either: "This is a dealbreaker, becuase I only play online", or "no big deal, I'm an offline player".

# 152 The Bad Man @ 09/19/11 12:05 PM
upon reading steve's nba 2K12 preview...

Quote:
Playing Legends online would have been huge for gamers; unfortunately we won’t be able to do so. Erick Boenisch told us to stay tuned on that, so I’m guessing a Developer Insight is coming to discuss that situation.
this is according to steve but i must say i feel good now and surely will stay tuned on that. thanks simballer.

# 153 ZB9 @ 09/19/11 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph999
this is not a big deal..
speak for yourself

its a huge deal for me considering 90 of my sports gaming is done online

# 154 coolcras7 @ 09/19/11 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarvGotti
Fight Night Champion allowed you to use unlockable fighters online...

Retro fighters like young George Foreman etc, Just sayin..

yeah because adding one person, is the same as adding a whole team different rules, commentary etc...... come on man don't compare apples and oranges.

# 155 fatleg3 @ 09/19/11 12:26 PM
Not a dealbreaker for me but it is a letdown that we cant play with legends online. Would love to take penny, baby shaq, nick anderson, and 3-d online and whoop up on some heat/lakers/thunder/classic bulls teams. It would definitely add more fun to the game because playing another human is more fun then playing the cpu.

It seems like online is getting the shaft again. First it was severs, lobbys, online options and settings, online association, now its ths. According to the feedback in this thread using legends online is greatly wanted so 2K if you can put in requested features for offline game modes give online players the same treatment.

# 156 Knickerbocker @ 09/19/11 12:58 PM
Ronnie2ks tweet about online legends:

"For those asking about the Online use of Legends, stay tuned on that. There's a method to the madness."

So there will be an explanation shortly.

# 157 Csmooove32 @ 09/19/11 01:06 PM
Quote:

"For those asking about the Online use of Legends, stay tuned on that. There's a method to the madness."

i was just about to post that but yea hopefully some good news is coming

# 158 fatleg3 @ 09/19/11 01:10 PM
Quote:

The only explanation that will be excusable is if there was no way to code it or program it in. If its a fairness, or balance issue then we should expect them to patch it in if they can, or let us play online with them in 2k13. If that is a 2k community wish then the fairness/balance issue does not come into play

# 159 Pared @ 09/19/11 01:30 PM
It's certainly possible to code it in.

Anything you can implement offline you can implement online.

There's more to it than that.

# 160 Glenn33 @ 09/19/11 01:31 PM
Quote:

GIFSoup

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.