Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

Check out the new NBA 2K12 screenshot.

This screenshot feature takes a look at the match-ups of the NBA's Greatest. This one showcases Scottie Pippen's NBA's Greatest Game.

1995-96 Chicago Bulls: Ron Harper, Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen, Dennis Rodman, Luc Longley, Toni Kukoc, Steve Kerr, Bill Wennington, Dickey Simpkins, Jud Buechler, John Salley, James Edwards

1995-96 Seattle SuperSonics: Gary Payton, Hersey Hawkins, Detlef Schrempf, Shawn Kemp, Ervin Johnson, Sam Perkins, Vincent Askew, Nate McMillan, Frank Brickowski, David Wingate

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 LionsFanNJ @ 09/18/11 03:54 PM
Want....sonics.....green....and...yellow...jerseys ....and....the old green....floor..

I'm still running an association with the Sonics either way. Gotta use my man Kemp and Glove.

# 2 jd@os @ 09/18/11 03:58 PM
It's been said a million times, but I hope they patch it to where the center isn't mean muggin' (I know it's probably too late and unlikely).

Get those XI's right!

Other than that, I'm pumped for this match-up.

# 3 stlpimpmonsta @ 09/18/11 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd@os
It's been said a million times, but I hope they patch it to where the center isn't mean muggin' (I know it's probably too late and unlikely).

Get those XI's right!

Other than that, I'm pumped for this match-up.
yeah. see Cs like Mr 1,00,000(cause of his statline with all of those 0s) Tree Rollins and Greg Ostertag muggin like that is just hilarious.

# 4 nccomicfan @ 09/18/11 04:04 PM
Must get hands on Reign Man...that's right behind Julius on my priority list

# 5 jd@os @ 09/18/11 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlpimpmonsta
yeah. see Cs like Mr 1,00,000(cause of his statline with all of those 0s) Tree Rollins and Greg Ostertag muggin like that is just hilarious.
I just don't want to get a warning or anything because I know it's been said and said and said. That pose would look ok for Dwight Howard, but yeah--Rollins, Ostertag, and in this case Luc Longley? Just doesn't look right. But the pic gets me hyped because the Bulls are who I'm running with in my season.

# 6 Arod2k9 @ 09/18/11 04:10 PM
I just wished Pippen's Legends year would have been 1993-1994 (No Jordan) and that way you run the offense completely through Pippen. We would of had a young Kukoc coming of the bench. Anyways I'm so pump up to play Magic vs Knicks 1995 and Nuggets vs Rockets 1994.

# 7 CelticPride101 @ 09/18/11 04:12 PM
Quote:
I just don't want to get a warning or anything because I know it's been said and said and said. That pose would look ok for Dwight Howard, but yeah--Rollins, Ostertag, and in this case Luc Longley? Just doesn't look right. But the pic gets me hyped because the Bulls are who I'm running with in my season.
doesn't look right for Tree Rollins? he was bad ***, the intimidator (well except when he bit Ainge)... now for guys like Longley to be mean muggin', it just looks really funny

# 8 VDusen04 @ 09/18/11 04:13 PM
It may be a small thing to some people, but it's real nice to see the rosters that were included last year getting a lot more filled out. Some may scoff at the notion that any of us care about players outside the starting five, but I'm happy to see the likes of Frank Brickowski, John Salley, Dickey Simpkins, Vincent Askew and Ervin Johnson (who actually is a starter) making appearances this year. It's only going to add to the authenticity.

# 9 Ken North @ 09/18/11 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arod2k9
I just wished Pippen's Legends year would have been 1993-1994 (No Jordan) and that way you run the offense completely through Pippen. We would of had a young Kukoc coming of the bench. Anyways I'm so pump up to play Magic vs Knicks 1995 and Nuggets vs Rockets 1994.
Agreed, that would have been a lot more fun.

# 10 VDusen04 @ 09/18/11 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arod2k9
I agree with this one as well. Of course, I'd only be cool with such a move if it meant the '93 Bulls and Hornets (and '96 Bulls and Sonics) were still included in the game.

# 11 Paul Pierce_OS @ 09/18/11 04:16 PM

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

# 12 Toaster @ 09/18/11 05:17 PM
I also think it is in very poor taste towards Pippen that he is not give a challenge game that is truly his, from the year he played without MJ.

I don't know how many of you know this, but the bulls record after MJ retired the first time was 55-27, only two wins short of their previous, championship, year.

# 13 jd@os @ 09/18/11 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toaster
I don't know how many of you know this, but the bulls record after MJ retired the first time was 55-27, only two wins short of their previous, championship, year.
I knew that--of course a lot of Bulls fans and hard core basketball fans do as well. But that's a good point, and a point that I always bring up when I argue that Jordan is the best to ever play the game. That stat shows that he truly did make his teammates better. MJ was hard on Horace Grant, he would have shooting games with BJ Armstrong even after his retirement, and he practically made Pippen; if you think Pip would have been that good without MJ's influence you are on an illegal substance. That team without MJ won two less games than they did the previous year with him--that says a lot about how good MJ made them, but says just as much about how good a player Pippen really was. SLAM magazine to this day still makes comments about how Pip--and no disrespect to Hakeem--should have won the MVP in '93-'94. The Dream was the best player no doubt, but Pip was the most valuable to his team.

# 14 VDusen04 @ 09/18/11 06:49 PM
Quote:
I knew that--of course a lot of Bulls fans and hard core basketball fans do as well. But that's a good point, and a point that I always bring up when I argue that Jordan is the best to ever play the game. That stat shows that he truly did make his teammates better. MJ was hard on Horace Grant, he would have shooting games with BJ Armstrong even after his retirement, and he practically made Pippen; if you think Pip would have been that good without MJ's influence you are on an illegal substance. That team without MJ won two less games than they did the previous year with him--that says a lot about how good MJ made them, but says just as much about how good a player Pippen really was. SLAM magazine to this day still makes comments about how Pip--and no disrespect to Hakeem--should have won the MVP in '93-'94. The Dream was the best player no doubt, but Pip was the most valuable to his team.
My best memory of '94 Pip - All-Star Game:

Well, actually, unfortunately this is also what I remember about Pip in '94:

But in truth, with full bias, I thought this guy was the '94 MVP (30ppg, 11rpg, 5apg, 3bpg, 1spg):

At least Sports Illustrated agreed with me.

# 15 RoyalBoyle78 @ 09/18/11 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFanNJ
Want....sonics.....green....and...yellow...jerseys ....and....the old green....floor..

I'm still running an association with the Sonics either way. Gotta use my man Kemp and Glove.
Wait, you can use the old teams in the association mode?

# 16 stlpimpmonsta @ 09/18/11 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Footballforever
Wait, you can use the old teams in the association mode?
you could last year. just pick "customize league" and replace a team with the classic team or CAT

# 17 CelticPride101 @ 09/18/11 07:07 PM
Quote:
That team without MJ won two less games than they did the previous year with him--that says a lot about how good MJ made them...

give credit to where it's due... it's not like MJ played with a bunch of scrubs and did everything by himself
I also gotta say I liked the first 3peat Bulls more

# 18 sportjames23 @ 09/18/11 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toaster
I also think it is in very poor taste towards Pippen that he is not give a challenge game that is truly his, from the year he played without MJ.

True, but what many fans fail to understand (and as a Bulls fan, drives me crazy), is that the 1992-1993 Bulls didn't go all-out that season. Of all the Bulls title teams, that one was the only one that didn't win 60-plus games.

And why did they not play as hard as they did other years?

One BIG reason--MJ and Pip played in the Olympics for the Dream Team that previous summer. Think about it--they played a whole season (1991-1992) in which they won 67 games (almost broke the record THAT year), of course played DEEP into the playoffs (I mean, they won the title that year, having played four rounds of basketball) and then MJ and Scottie played in Barcelona that summer.

Pip and MJ had no time off in the summer. Phil rested them as much as he could and paced the team.

C'mon, let's be real--do you think that if Pip and MJ had NOT spent their summer playing ball and thus took it easy the next season, don't you think the Bulls would have won more than 60 games in 1992-1993?

Pisses me off on various boards when posters make a big deal out of the 1993-1994 Bulls only winning two less games than the previous season, while overlooking the reason for that.

And, add to the fact that SO many incorrectly state that that Bulls team was one game away from the NBA Finals.

That team only made it to the second round of the Eastern Conference playoffs. If anything, they were one game away from the EASTERN CONFERENCE Finals, not the NBA Finals.

# 19 jd@os @ 09/18/11 11:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticPride101

give credit to where it's due... it's not like MJ played with a bunch of scrubs and did everything by himself
I also gotta say I liked the first 3peat Bulls more
I did "give credit to where it's due"--read my entire post. Pippen was a beast that year. Olajuwon was the best player (and thanks to VDusen for reminding me how good The Admiral was that year, too), but Pippen was very deserving of league MVP by sheer definition of that term MOST VALUABLE. I don't think Pip was the best player that year, but he may have been the most valuable to his team. I gave credit to Jordan, but I also gave "credit to where it's due"--to Pippen.

Hey--I didn't come up with the nickname "Jordan and the Jordan-aires" and Jordan's "supporting cast"...

# 20 Toaster @ 09/19/11 12:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportjames23
True, but what many fans fail to understand (and as a Bulls fan, drives me crazy), is that the 1992-1993 Bulls didn't go all-out that season. Of all the Bulls title teams, that one was the only one that didn't win 60-plus games.

And why did they not play as hard as they did other years?

One BIG reason--MJ and Pip played in the Olympics for the Dream Team that previous summer. Think about it--they played a whole season (1991-1992) in which they won 67 games (almost broke the record THAT year), of course played DEEP into the playoffs (I mean, they won the title that year, having played four rounds of basketball) and then MJ and Scottie played in Barcelona that summer.

Pip and MJ had no time off in the summer. Phil rested them as much as he could and paced the team.

C'mon, let's be real--do you think that if Pip and MJ had NOT spent their summer playing ball and thus took it easy the next season, don't you think the Bulls would have won more than 60 games in 1992-1993?

Pisses me off on various boards when posters make a big deal out of the 1993-1994 Bulls only winning two less games than the previous season, while overlooking the reason for that.

And, add to the fact that SO many incorrectly state that that Bulls team was one game away from the NBA Finals.

That team only made it to the second round of the Eastern Conference playoffs. If anything, they were one game away from the EASTERN CONFERENCE Finals, not the NBA Finals.
Well, no one comes to undermine the greatness of these Jordan teams.
The point that (I think) we are trying to make is that pippen deserves his "own" challenge for real.

besides, "all out" or not, 55-27 is still a remarkable record for a team that has lost it's main player, not to mention when this main player is the GOAT.

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.