Home
FIFA Soccer 12 News Post

Our very own Caley Roark, Jayson Young, Kelvin Mak, and Dustin Toms check in today with their thoughts on the FIFA 12 Demo. Check out their thoughts and let us know yours!

Read More - FIFA 12 Demo Roundtable

Game: FIFA Soccer 12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 14 - View All
FIFA Soccer 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 ZoneBlitz @ 09/19/11 02:20 PM
Really? Has anyone of these fine reviewers played PES 2012?

FIFA looks great but has nowhere near the depth of play as PES 2012. In FIFA you really can't tell the difference between teams, and there is no real strategic passing. The players are very passive and, like one roundtable reviewer said, it really is 1 vs. 11. It is a good game, but I don't think it's great. Graphics alone is increasingly not enough to carry a $60 title.

# 2 EvanRG @ 09/19/11 03:19 PM
Dear Editors and writers for Operation Sports,

I hope I don't sound condescending, but have you played Pro Evolution Soccer?
Make whatever assumptions you want, but it would seem that the journalistic approach is to look at both sides of the competition. The editor for my paper would fire me if I failed to get both sides of a story. I do hope that you are going to do a roundtable for PES as well.

It also doesn't look very beneficial to have people who openly admit to not playing a soccer game for several years because that'd be like me trying to give my opinion on the newest Rugby World Cup game.

It frustrates me when we complain about a lack of competition in other video game sports like Madden or NCAA football, yet when we have a great competition in this genre, we do not even give both games a proper look-over.

# 3 Qb @ 09/19/11 03:56 PM
You do indeed sound quite condescending, as you (and others) have in the demo impressions thread of late. We get it, you don't like FIFA and prefer PES. Simple enough and leave it at that. There's no need to talk down to those who don't share your opinion or to challenge others to prove you wrong (that was someone else, I know).

The part that I find amusing is many people in the soccer forums here are fond of both games to some extent, myself included. As I've said in other threads in the past few days, any attempt to create two camps to butt heads for supremacy is not going to happen.

# 4 dmacgreg37 @ 09/19/11 04:17 PM
It's not JUST graphics alone. You also get several hundred real teams. I owned both games in 2011, and like both for their own areas (Fifa - graphics, depth of teams, personally found the play to be more fluid and less robotic, and PES for depth of mode in dynasty/master league, customization). But it's certainly not just graphics that are better on FIFA.

# 5 Panicshade @ 09/19/11 04:32 PM
I have seen prior news articles here about PES 2012 so I know that OS does report about it but I still haven't seen an official "Demo is out" post from OS about the PES 2012 demo. Also there hasn't been an article on PES 2012 for almost a month. I think that is what has some people irritated. I think instead of a FIFA only roundtable it should have been a comparison of both games' pros & cons.

My question is will there be an article focusing on PES 2012 so it gets equal time for discussion or not?

# 6 VladCanada @ 09/19/11 05:05 PM
I too would like some more articles about PES. A Roundtable look at it would be very interesting.

# 7 EvanRG @ 09/19/11 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
You do indeed sound quite condescending, as you (and others) have in the demo impressions thread of late. We get it, you don't like FIFA and prefer PES. Simple enough and leave it at that. There's no need to talk down to those who don't share your opinion or to challenge others to prove you wrong (that was someone else, I know).

The part that I find amusing is many people in the soccer forums here are fond of both games to some extent, myself included. As I've said in other threads in the past few days, any attempt to create two camps to butt heads for supremacy is not going to happen.
Well be that as it may, I am not knocking on Fifa in any way. In fact, I didn't even mention the quality of Fifa in my post so you have no idea if I even enjoyed it or not.

Yes, I made the switch to PES last year after Fifa grew stale and I wanted something different, but I have given my money to Fifa several times in the past and have only just started playing PES last year. I purchased both games and made the decision to pick the one I enjoyed the most (i.e. an informed decision not based on input from others)

The point is that OS does not look good by ignoring PES totally in it's official posts. It's sad that we as users have to initiate all the talk about a well-known game that is quite popular.

P.S. PES has a game speed setting (try -2).

# 8 clivo1050 @ 09/19/11 06:15 PM
I think the passing is better and the graphics are more realistic in PES, but I have a hard time finding what else it does better than FIFA.

FIFA has much better control, goalies play much more realistic and has much better online modes.

# 9 clipperfan811 @ 09/19/11 06:36 PM
I like QB's take on this, there's really no benefit to creating two groups that bash each other just for being on the opposite team.

I've played both demo's pretty extensively and both games have plus and minus over each other. And it's not just PES =ai FIFA = graphics, they both have some nice aspects on each front. TO ME there is a clear choice as far as one being more entertaining TO ME. I hope both games continue to push each other, as long as that happens we all win, period.

# 10 EvanRG @ 09/19/11 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by clipperfan811
I like QB's take on this, there's really no benefit to creating two groups that bash each other just for being on the opposite team.

I've played both demo's pretty extensively and both games have plus and minus over each other. And it's not just PES =ai FIFA = graphics, they both have some nice aspects on each front. TO ME there is a clear choice as far as one being more entertaining TO ME. I hope both games continue to push each other, as long as that happens we all win, period.
Well said, I'm disappointed QB feels that I was trying to "pick sides" or alienate players into groups but that's actually what I was trying to say is wrong right now. When OS only does ONE roundtable for Fifa and forgets about PES completely, wouldn't that insinuate that they have in fact picked sides?

# 11 Qb @ 09/19/11 08:58 PM
No, I think it means they did a demo roundtable for FIFA12. Why does everything have to be such a big deal?

As for your stance Evan, remember I'm reading most of the posts in both forums. I saw a few of your posts in the impressions thread (grouped with others), then this one, so forgive me if that caused me to misunderstand your post.

# 12 Bahnzo @ 09/19/11 10:47 PM
I'm glad to see that at least Kelvin Mak agrees with me that the new Tactical Defending goes too far. A good idea that EA overdid w/o balancing the game. It looks great on the outside of the box, but really needed more refining before being included in the game. One of those decisions where I'm sure the Marketing department rules out over everyone else.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.